Dar Elma

81 Derb Sidi Bouamar, Riad Larousse, Marrakech, 44000, Morocco

Dar Elma
Hostelworld.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

• Riad Dar Elma

I'd like to share my experience with anyone who wants to stay at this place. We stayed in this fake, over-priced Riad in December 2008 for two nights. For 100 Euros a night you'd expect decent accommodation and service, not a small, damp room without window with a loud Heater. I had a flu when I arrived and got worst during my stay here specially when on second morning hot water ran out during my shower and then realized that they have not changed the wet mat from the day before, and instead of stocking up with fresh shampoo, the same ripped off shampoo from the day before was staring back at me. They tell you that each room is equiped with Internet and Hairdryer, but you have to ask form them. They are not actually in the room. What ticked me off the most was that they were going to arrange our pick up from the train station for 15 Euros but we decided to take a taxi from Casablanca instead of taking the train. When we arrived I had the taxi driver call the Riad to get directions. Instead of giving him direction, they asked him to go to train station so that they can cash in on our transfer from the station. A regular Grande taxi driver was waiting for us at the train station and poor guy cherged us 10 Euros for the ride to the Riad and when Riad found out that the taxi driver has already got the money, they added their share of 5 Euro to our bill. That was the most expensive phone call anyone ever made for me to a taxi agency. Their desparate attemps to add any chargeable service to our bill made me laugh, like the mint teas that are free in other riads because it costs them a fraction of a dirham so they provide it to their customers as a complement. Here you have to pay 2 Euros for each pot. I hope reviews like this shake them up a little bit.

Unique Quality: Over-priced, disappointing. There is no authenticity to decoration.

Directions: 20 minutes walk to jamaa el fana square