Domaine des Remparts Hotel & Spa

courtyardcourtyard

Jemaa el Fna, MarrakeshJemaa el Fna, Marrakesh

Marrakech ArchwayMarrakech Archway

Food stalls at Djemaa el-FnaFood stalls at Djemaa el-Fna

Airport bus to Le Meridien?

by purdey16

Hi, I am coming to Marrakech later this month and am planning to get the airport bus on arrival. I know Le Meridien isn't too far, but will the bus stop anywhere nearby, or would the driver maybe stop if I ask him? Also does the bus have a number?
Thankyou

by cabeyp

Just walk out of the terminal and the bus is to your far left. Not certain of a number.

by Deneen1

My friends and I caught the airport bus last year and rode it to within 6 city blocks of the apartment we stayed in in the Gueliz area of Marrakech.
Do you know where Le Meridien is? and address? The bus route has a map and I'm pretty sure I still have my map at home from last year.
Don't remember the bus having a number, just to the left of the taxis.
I actually got a Moroccan friend that lives here to write down things on a piece of paper for me and one of those phrases was (in Arabic & in French):
"Does this bus go within walking distance of the Hotel Le Marrakech?"
I walked up to the bus driver, handed him my piece of paper, he read it, laughed and said "We-we". Then he and some other gentlemen on the bus made sure we got off at the right place and pointed us toward the hotel - the rental apartment was just past it by 3 blocks.
I found the bus really easy to use and everyone was so helpful and friendly.

by Deneen1

I checked my airport bus map and the airport bus stops at Le Meridien - stop #7, this was actually the stop we got off at last year.
Last year a one-way ticket on the bus costs 20 dirham,(just over $2) and if you purchased round trip it was 30 dirham.
Bus runs from 6:30am to 9pm according to the leaflet I have and it runs every 30 minutes.
Enjoy your trip!

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Snake Charmers

by khattabi_eg

The snake chramers might try to put some snake around your neck, and if you accept ( it is totally safe, as he keeps holding the snake's head and tail) and your friend or someone takes a picture of you, the snake charmer after that will expect you to give a tip.
"No, Thanks" will be good if you don't want any snakes on your neck. Another tip, some snake chamers ask for a tip when you take a picture of them doing their show.

Bargaining is the order of the day!

by leigh767 about Local Products

It is very easy to fall in love with the exquisite Moroccan local products such as lamps, rugs, and spices. However, bargaining is a must unless money is of no object to you. It is often a good idea to counter offer a price that is 1/3 or at least 1/2 of what the shopkeeper initially offers. As always, the more you buy the likelier you'll get a bigger discount per item.

Go on, have fun and practice some French and Arabic!

a good place for tajine

by call_me_rhia about Dar Mimoun

What a beautiful restaurant in the medina... it's located in the patio of a beautiful traditional riad where one of the pasha's of Marrakech had once lived. You should really come here for the charm and atmosphere, at least for a mint tea... I must say that I have mixed feelings about this restaurant... I had tajine, which was quite good - or better, very good value for money - since Dar Mimoun is not a very expensive place. My partner had a very simple lamb brochettes and it was really horrible - it's really difficult to spoil brochettes but the people there managed to do it. When they were served to us they were.... not only tasteless, but also cold.

The Medina (the Old City)

by colin_bramso

The Medina (the Old City) is a must-see part of the city. Full of little shops selling not only tourist souvenirs but day to day needs of the local people.
This is the exotic, fascinating part of the modern city. Many cities around the world are very similar to each other, and let's face it office buildings are much the same the world over, but this is truly a unique area.

Qubba Ba'adiyn

by MM212

Dating back from the 12th century Almoravides period, this ornate cupola was only discovered and unearthed in 1948. It was part of the original Ben Youssef Mosque and was used for washing (ablution) before praying in the mosque. The architectural details of the inside of the cupola are extraordinary. Its carved multi-lobed arches are reminiscent of the domes in la Mezquita in Córdoba.

Comments