El Andalous Hotel Marrakech

See Amenities

El Andalous Hotel Marrakech

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 21, 2012

Just came back from a weeks stay in Marrakesh, stayed at El Andalous Hotel from 09/02/12 to 18/02/12.
At first reading the reviews (mainly from the BRITS!!) I had mixed feelings about this hotel, but after staying their for a week I can only say I loved the hotel, the location and the facilities. The hotel itself was modern, clean, the rooms were tip top, the service we received from the cleaners to waitors to the reception staff was A CLASS.. The staff were very polite and accomodated to all our needs, e.g the heating was not working in one of our rooms and the kids were cold and the heating could not be fixed that day, the reception gave me a set of keys to another empty room and said go and take a look, if you like that apartment we will move your things, In the end we stayed in the same room as the view was great and the hotel gave us extra blankets instead but fixed the heating the very next day. The restruant staff were very polite and and accommodated to our needs, e.g my son had a period of food poisining from eating o/s the hotel, the restraunt staff gave us some special food to help his stomach to take to the room where he was sleeping. The hotel was a 4* and not like a 3* which most people rated, the pool area was clean, plenty of towels etc. The hotel itself was very very clean thoughout our stay. I think people just compare a 4* to the UK 4* which is wrong, for a african nation i think morroco was very advanced.

I would like to thank the restruant staff who made our stay cheerful ....

I would most definetley book and stay at this hotel again, remember if you go to this hotel in ramadhan (fasting period July/august) then you may experience the slight moodyness from the staff as they have not eaten or had any water during the day and may loose their rag, but any other time you should enjoy your time.

Any questions about morroco and what to expect, pay for, taxis or sights etc give me a email and I will respond. I met a reliable taxi driver who I used for a week and very cheap, I can also give you his number etc. email me in nistar11@hotmail.co.uk

tim07's Profile Photo

Standard accommodation close to the action.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2007

The hotel was clean & had good decor. Reception staff spoke English, currency can be exchanged there. There is also a gift shop in the lobby.

I stayed half board. The only problem was the breakfast. The bread on offer was stale, the milk, juice & coffee didn't taste good either. There were some trays of cooked food, such as pancakes & potato. This was cold too. I only attempted breakfast once, this put me off any evening meal there.

I would still recommend the hotel, as apart from the food, I can find no other faults with it.

Unique Quality: The hotel has it's own small garden area, with a decent sized pool.

The hotel 'La Casa' bar is worth a visit. Berber columns cloaked in drapes, multi coloured lighting. Lots of cosy table led seating areas. There was a band playing the night I was there.
An ideal place for a drink before retiring or a night out in Marrakesh.

Directions: The walk to Koutoubia mosque is 20 mins. It can be a bit hard to get your bearings due to lack of street signs. 2 routes I used were along Avenue El Qadissa to Avenue Mohammed V. The other was along Avenue De La Menara to Koutoubia.

Gillybob's Profile Photo

Quiet Getaway with Easy Access

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 23, 2007

Hotel El Andalous is situated in the Hivernage area of Marrakech. Rooms are of ample size with en suite and balcony. We had a room overlooking the front entrance. Mainly quiet with the odd occasional street noise. The hotel has a lovely airy reception area with helpful staff. Facilities include a large swimming pool, childrens pool, tennis court, spa, bars, restaurants and usual business facilities.

Unique Quality: The swimming pool here is quite large so if you want to keep up your laps whilst on holiday you won't find it a problem.

Breakfast was a strange melange between continental and a bit more. Usually scrambled egg and some sort of grilled tomatoes with little else in the way of hot buffet but a great selection of fruits, yoghurts, pastries, breads and cold meats. Strangely, cuttlery and large plates were often in short supply.

If staying here on a half board option, you have the choice of taking lunch or dinner. Dinner was, again, a buffet selection with self-service (like breakfast) and, again, seemed to suffer from the occasional lack of cutlery and large plates - maybe time for the hotel management to do some purchasing!

Staff are helpful with advice on how to get around Marrakech and available tours.

Directions: From the airport you can take a Petite Taxi for 2 at a cost of around 75Dhs.
Watch for Grand Taxi drivers, they readily pounce as you approach the taxi rank but also charge 160Dhs for the same journey (all because they drive Mercedes Benz cars).

4* Hotel with 2* food!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 6, 2006

We stayed at the Hotel half board for a week in July 2006.
The rooms were average sized with a small but nice balcony overlooking the pool.
They were clean but in need of refurbishment.
The pool area was very nice, set in pleasant surroundings.
The main problem with this hotel was the standard of the food which in our opinion was of 2* standard.
The hot breakfast consisted of watery scrambled egg, fried potatoes and boiled eggs.
The evening meal selection wasnt much better and when served outside it tended to attract flies.
Some of the staff at the hotel were polite and friendly whereas others would not give you the time of day!
I would only recommend this hotel if you get a cheap deal and I wouldnt bother with going half board.

Nearby El Andalous Hotel Marrakech

• Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Fitness Center

Marrakesh Travel Forum

Need advice about Marrakesh, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Marrakesh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marrakesh hotel reviews