Hotel Foucauld

Hotel Foucauld
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Another good back up in the centre

I first stayed here when lo and behold I arrived and telephoning through the list of the places I wanted to stay everything was full! but the Foucauld still had rooms. The price was fine so when I got there I could see why!

This place is a big place - lots of rooms - and with the wide selection of cheapies around the centre this place I guess is lastish on the list - but Ive since stayed back here - as a back up when arrived without prebooking in the evening - and still happy to stay here.

The first time I stayed was 189 dirham for a single in a double room - ensuite, TV, and breakfast (basic continental breakfast - so no great cultural or economic experience here) but the rooms are tiled in modern moroccan style and are clean and comfortable and for the price - good value.

There is an evening buffet advertised that is reputably a good deal - Ive never needed to eat here so havent tried it - but for hotel guests the price of 60 dirham is good value as well. Dont remember how much more they charge if not a hotel guest but it is open to outside customers.

The second time when arrived here late one evening I had to have a room up on the roof which was a triple (the 'hot' water was lukewarm up there) but was able to have the room without breakfast so only paid 165 dirham. The prices are higher than Hotel Ali - which is also a hotel with many rooms and historically the Mecca for budget travellers and backpackers - but Foucould has a better standard and more reliably better standard (the first time I stayed in Hotel Ali my room was great but when booking in advance my preferences are elsewhere as per my other accommodation tips).

Since stayed here again February 2010 as parking is easier with a couple of large carparks a few minutes walk in the streets behind - the price for just a single has gone up to 250 dirham with breakfast or 220 without breakfast - was a bit more expensive than I was wanting and couldnt haggle any discount for being a previous customer or for my advertising here on VT..but it was late and I needed a bed a bit more upmarket than the usual el cheapo Hotel La Gazelle across the road (or they were full?).

Unique Quality: As they have so many rooms they tend to be the last in the area to become totally booked out -so fairly reliable to get a room here when none available elsewhere - at a lower price

Directions: across the road from the park and entrance into the Djma Elfnaa - the bus from the airport stops just outside

• cabeyp's Profile Photo

Best last minute selection

Hotel Foucauld is spot on. Even if they say they are full they normally find a room somewhere. It's the tardis of hotels. ;)
    location is great, 2 mins from Djema el fnaa. Not riad style though so no courtyard, but you'll be well looked after, although i wouldn't bother eating there. Too many other nice restaurants to explore.

Unique Quality: Safe for solo female travellers

Directions: Opposite bus stops at Djema el Fna

• khalid_2's Profile Photo

Hotel de Foucauld:Another Budget Hotel !

A good hotel,33 rooms, restaurant and bar.
    Easily located just opposite the well-planted square de Foucauld, aka Arset el Bilk.
    Used by trekking groups.

Unique Quality: Nice little hotel with a restaurant- terrace directly at La Place Djemaa-el-Fna. From the terrace you have a nice view over the square.
    Prices:
    18 € single
    23 € double
    incl. breakfast
    Menu 22 €

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Hotel de Foucauld

We phoned ahead from somewhere on the Tizi n’ Tichka drive to reserve a place in Marrakech as we were worried there would be huge crowds for Easter. The first two places we tried were full up but we managed to reserve a place in Hotel de Foucauld, which is in a great location at Place de Foucauld, very near Djemma el Fna.

We had to book half board for 500 Dirhams which was quite expensive but as we were arriving in the city late, it suited us fine. There was no option to take only the room. We had a quiet en-suite double room, which overlooked a quiet courtyard.

A buffet supper and breakfast was included in the price. There are cheaper places in Marrakech as we found a few days later but Hotel de Foucauld, overall, is a reasonable value mid range hotel in an excellent location. Don’t miss the views from the rooftop terrace. You’ll have an excellent view of Place de Foucauld and of the Koutoubia Mosque

Directions: Opposite Place de Foucauld

More about Hotel Foucauld

Restaurant in Hotel Foucauld

by barryg23 about Local Cuisine

We stayed one night in Hotel Foucauld before setting off again for the Atlas mountains and, as they only did half-board option, we had all our meals in the hotel. Dinner was an excellent all-you-can eat buffet with a big selection of dishes. I was almost full after two plates of starters though I did make room for pastilla, a Moroccan speciality, made with pigeons and almond, which I was trying for the first time. Drinks are not included in the price though but otherwise it's great value. Other main courses on offer included typical Moroccan dishes like couscous, and tagine, and non-Moroccan dished like spaghetti bolognaise

baggage storage in marrakesh

by liamr_spencer

Hi Guys,

We will be visiting Marrakesh for the first time in September and may possibly need somewhere to store our baggage for three days (as I'm waiting to hear back from whilst we are on a tour. Does anyone know of a safe location?

by cabeyp

If you ask in your hotel they will look after your bags for you for a few days.

by cabeyp

Hotel Foucauld is a good option to ask if you do not stay in Marrakech. So conveniently located just opposite Djema el Fnaa and they do most things for a Dirham or two.

by grholden

Thanks for your advice.

This post is not a fake, as I explained in : http://forum.virtualtourist.com/discussion-413842-1-1-Travel-0-0-Marrakesh-discussion.html

it's ok Z-man 99 is *** sturing on several postings