Marrakesh Hotels

Our Members Say

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1668

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Debby's Dar in Marrakech

This is a good friend of mine's place in a really handy area between the medina ( the medina is the old centre where the Djma Elfnaa square is) and the new town.

Handy if you are wanting to take cooking classes at Maison Arabe for example but accommodation at a fraction of the cost and only 10-15 minutes walk away.

Down to earth time in Marrakech in Debby's riad you will have the opportunity to get more of a real Morocco intro to Marrakech - she is not only an interior designer and very creative and arty, she has had a longterm passion for everything about Morocco. She lived in the desert of Merzouga for a number of years and has been involved with women's projects down in areas such as Laayoune...and also a passion for the beauty and art to be found around India.

There are many commercial places now on the market to cater for tour groups, esp with the governments push to increase tourist numbers to 10 million a year....nowhere near that but hotels have been developing ten-fold and sadly they dont have the same flavour as a traditional place to stay such as Dar or Riad in very long-time historic Marrakech and southern Morocco.

Includes breakfast. Local home cooked meals are available for lunch or evening meals if required.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Arts and Culture, Photography
  • Written May 24, 2014

• Designerartgirl profile photo Designerartgirl
  • Reviews: 240

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Riad El Youssoufi: un-faultable.

My mother and I travelled for the first time to Marrakech and stayed at the lovely Riad. It was run by Julian, a lovely young Parisian man whom met us at 1.30 am when we landed (our flight had been delayed over an hour and we had booked the pick up) and just let us check in directly with the response we can sort everything in the morning and simply gave us the keys... a really refreshing change...

A pleasant response since we were all tired from travels. Julian himself gave us his personal number so he was always contactable and even arranged a trip into the Ourika valley for us. Breakfast was always served on the patio (directly outside the room for us) and was delicious... Home made yogurt, bread and jam and a pastry of some kind.

The room was cleaned every day and new towels put out each day also. Julian was around frequently during the day to make sure we were ok and to see how our trip was doing and the service felt very personal. Julian himself speaks a number of languages, and the lovely lady whom is around during the day and serves you breakfast speaks french. Hot water was always available and air conditioning also worked very well on the few times we had it on. We both used the plunge pool a number of times and this although cool was wonderful on our tired feet.

The riad has both a sun terrace and also the cool downstairs patio. The coolness of the patio can be a little misleading of the regular temperature of marrakech as the riads somehow keep the coolness whereas the main streets are usually warmer.

The upstairs terrace gave a lovely view over the whole of Marrakech. The riad itself is about 10-15 minutes walk to the main square (jamaa el fna) and the souq, its also about 20 minutes to YSL garden (jardin majorelle) so nice and close.

Great owner - Julian. Always available for help/booking of excursions/maps.... speaks english, french (native) and i believe spanish and some arabic.

Near the Riad are also small vendors which do bottled water/carbonated drinks at a fraction of the price of in the souq or in the more touristic areas which was also a nice surprise...we tried after we discovered this to buy our water/drinks here instead of anywhere else...

Would 100% come back again to this Riad! One of the nicest and most relaxed places i have stayed in. A home away from home....

• Related to: Photography, Family Travel
  • Written January 22, 2014
Tip Photo

View onto the patio from our room.

• antistar profile photo antistar
  • Reviews: 2792

Riad Matham: Old World Marrakech

On our second visit to the city we wanted to stay somewhere more traditional, and somewhere more central in the Medina. We chose Riad Matham, a beautifully renovated island of calm right in the heart of the Medina. Entering the riad for the first time is an unforgettable experience. You transition from the noise outside into the peace of the inner courtyard - a hexagonal pool, shaded by palm trees and surrounded by tiers of whitewashed walls stretching up to the open roof.. The rooms are equally impressive, with great wooden doors about three meters tall, ceilings that must go up twice as far again, and bathrooms sealed in rough terracotta.

The great thing about riads is that they are so communal. They were designed for families, and every room opens up onto the courtyard so that everyone can hear and see everyone else. It does take a little away from the privacy, but encourages you to meet the other guests, which is something missing in Western hotels.

It's like being transported back to a different era.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 8, 2014

Courtyard, Riad Matham, Marrakech

• antistar profile photo antistar
  • Reviews: 2792

Las Torres Majorelle: Apartment Rental

We rented a beautiful apartment in Gueliz, the new part of Marrakech. It was 60m2, with a balcony overlooking the magnificent Majorelle Gardens, and a 70m2 private roof terrace reached by a spiral staircase. It was clean, comfortable and well equipped. The only downside was that it was a bit noisy out front because of the busy road, but everywhere is noisy in Marrakech. If it's not beeping cars, it's the mosques waking you up in the middle of the night. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

The location is perfect for newcomers to the city. Although it's outside the Medina, it's a short walk, bus or taxi ride inside the walls. It's also a short walk from the Gare Routiere, the terminal for intercity buses. The Las Torres Majorelle complex contains a bank and one of the best supermarkets in the city. It's in the new part of town which is a little cleaner and less crazy than the Medina, so you can ease yourself into the madness with an apartment that mixes the Moroccan with the European.

The apartment is owned by a French women who no longer lives in Marrakech, but the property is looked after by the incredibly friendly Mohammad, who was more than helpful to us on our visit.

All this for around 60-70 euros a night.

• Written January 8, 2014

Roof terrace, Marrakech

• jlanza29 profile photo jlanza29
  • Reviews: 635

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Delano Marrakech: Awesome, but pricey !!!!!

On the 3rd day we were in Marrakech, we decided to switch hotels .... we weren't happy with the service at the Novotel suite .... so we had walked into the Delano and inquired to see if they had rooms available and indeed they did ....

The room was a bit pricey at $350 US dollars for a night .... but it was well worth it .....

The bed was to die for !!!!! the pillows out of this world and the service was perfect .... since we had seen just about everything there was to see in Marrakech we ending up hanging out at the pool and and at the bar on the roof .....

The location is right across the street to the main entrance to the Medina ... with some high end shops like Louis Vuitton, Armani and some other high end art galleries within walking distance.

Also the lobby has a cool ambience with the signature Delano look, but instead of white like in South Beach it's purple .....

If you can afford it, don't hesitate in staying here ... wished we would have stayed here the entire time instead of only 1 night !!!!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written March 12, 2013
Tip Photo

awesome bed and pillows !!!!!

• jlanza29 profile photo jlanza29
  • Reviews: 635

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Novotel Suite Marrakech: Ok for the price, Excellent Location

Marrakech is one of these cities that has every type of hotel for every type of budgets .... we did not want to stay in the medina so we choose the Novotel Suite hotel. The location can not be beat .... about a 15 minute walk to the medina ... and about a block away from the casino and literally a stone throw away from the Sofitel hotel right across the fountain. So location is perfect .....

Service is lacking ... when I arrived to check in.. the front desk clerks were having a conversation and didn't care to stop and help me ... I had to speak up and say HELLO.... CAN YOU STOP TALKING AND CHECK ME IN !!!!!!!!!! it's one of my pet peeves in life ... sorry if it seems rude ... but I'm the reason you have a job !!!!!!

We asked for a room with 2 single beds ... they informed me that all rooms were the same and that the 2nd bed is a pull away bed underneath the main bed !!!! ODD !!! oh well .... we were given a room facing the entrance which was nice ... with a small balcony ....

Also the rooms don't have carpet ... it's a rubber type of material in the rooms ... again odd !!!!!

Also the hop on and hop off bus stops literally in front of the hotel (please read my other tip) but the main selling here is the location ... very quiet and perfect for the medina ......

We paid $100 US a night ..... but we ended up switching hotels on our 3rd day ...... Please read my other hotel tip !!!!

• Written March 6, 2013
Tip Photo

View of the hotel from the fountain !!!!

• JohnniOmani profile photo JohnniOmani
  • Reviews: 552

Riad Fantasia: Incredible Place

Our stay was welcomed by a man named Abdul who proved to be an amazing assets during our stay at this traditional house in Old Marrakesh. This Riad is simply amazing. Plain and simple. Abdul is a top notch guy who is wonderfully down to earth and their tours (I recommend the 3 day 2 night Sahara tour). The interior of this place is gorgeous and the atmosphere is incredible. I highly recommend this place and I will stay here next time for sure :)

The acting manager secretly knocked of 75 Euros of the double room just because we got along so well. 100$ was a huge benefit when trying to buy souvenirs the following days before I decided to leave the country. Great bargain :)

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 25, 2012
Tip Photo

• dutchboycalledjan profile photo dutchboycalledjan
  • Reviews: 300

Riad Ma'ab: Friendliest service ever

I rented the Riad Ma'ab in Marrakesh. http://www.riadmaab.com/ We were with 7. Nice rooms, all new, nice building, It has a nice roof terrace, but no pool. On the upside: breakfast and diner were very good. Hussein is very helpful and he makes an awesome BBQ, really, the best we've had in years.

Atmosphere, service, food, rooms.

• Written May 13, 2011

Riad Ma'ab at evening

• maryem2011 profile photo maryem2011
  • Reviews: 2

LOST in Marrakech: Private house - a secret exclusivity

I had friends visited me in Marrakech from England in last Christmas 2010. They had booked a hotel call LOST in Marrakech through their friends. I visited their hotel in Medina near by Jamaa el fna and I found the place is really special. The riad is very small, only two bed rooms but the taste is really nice, it is modern but traditional, chick but funky, simple but colorful. Actually the owner said the place is for laundry where they charge by ponds. My friend said it is common in overseas where they charge the laundry by one lod. Here in Morocco, we charge the laundry one piece by one piece. I think the business is looks good but bit of less publicity. Therefore I am helping them to let everybody knows such a nice place.

My friends were happy during the stay. We had a private Christmas party just for us. There is a kitchen we can use. All equipments are available. My friend she brought some pork (bacon and sausage) from England, and owner let them to use the kitchen to cook it.

It was such a lovely place and nice hospitality. I think the owner is not Moroccan therefore it was very reliable and responsible.

Don't know much place like this in Marrakech but certainly it was a first experience for me.

There is laundry service. books to read, and kitchen can use.
no swimming pool.
with high rooftop there you can see real local life in Medina which has 500 years old history.
Donkey transportation and pork foods.
Belly dance class.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Museum Visits, Backpacking, Hiking and Walking
  • Written January 11, 2011

My little friend, aisha

• maryem2011 profile photo maryem2011
  • Reviews: 2

LOST in Marrakech: Private house - a secret exclusivity

I had friends visited me in Marrakech from England in last Christmas 2010. They had booked a hotel call LOST in Marrakech through their friends. I visited their hotel in Medina near by Jamaa el fna and I found the place is really special. The riad is very small, only two bed rooms but the taste is really nice, it is modern but traditional, chick but funky, simple but colorful. Actually the owner said the place is for laundry where they charge by ponds. My friend said it is common in overseas where they charge the laundry by one load. Here in Morocco, we charge the laundry one piece by one piece. I think the business is looks good but bit of less publicity. Therefore I am helping them to let everybody knows such a nice place.

Don't know much place like this in Marrakech but certainly it was my first experience for me.

There is laundry service. books to read, and kitchen can use.
no swimming pool.
Donkey transportation and pork foods.
Belly dance class.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Backpacking, Museum Visits
  • Written January 11, 2011

My little friend, aisha

• alanp30 profile photo alanp30
  • Reviews: 1

dar najat: best riad

We and a large group of friends have just spent five days in this wonderful Riad. The staff were fantastic and so accommodating and really looked after us, breakfast was included and great, we had two evening meals there which were fantastic, and the rooms spacious and clean, If anyone was going to Marrakesh i would definitely recommend Dar najat

The location, 5 min walk from Djemma El Fna, which is perhaps a great. There's also a lovely roof top terrace (with jacuzzi), ideal for a nice mint tea or a glass of wine at the end of a long day!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written August 30, 2010

courtyard

• cabeyp profile photo cabeyp
  • Reviews: 54

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Yes: Can I find accommodation under Euro 50?

You can easily find cheaper accommodation. The Euro 20 mark is getting harder to find as Marrakech has become such a popular destination but it is doable. A really good budget place will be no more than Euro 40 for a double and within walking distance of Djema el Fnaa.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Women's Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 4, 2010

• windpaard profile photo windpaard
  • Reviews: 126

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel ibis moussafir gare: hotel ibis moussafir gare

nice rooms,about 50 euros for a double a little garden and,nice swimmingpool
between the train station and supratours bus,
interesting if you need to take a train of a supratoursbus of go to the airport early in the morning

between the train station and supratours busstation
interesting if you need to take a train of a supratoursbus or go to the airport early in the morning

• Written March 24, 2010

• Durfun profile photo Durfun
  • Reviews: 578

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Take your pick!: Stay in a riad

To experience local, ethnic living, you MUST stay at a RIAD in the medina.

They come in a range of comfort standards..

Check these sites:
http://www.hipmarrakech.com/ (sorted in price categories on homepage itself!)
http://www.31best-riad-marrakesh.com/ (popular for bookings)
http://www.riad2000.com/ (popular for bookings)
http://www.riadkniza.com/rates-riad-marrakech.php (luxurious)

You'll have a great time :)

Enjoy & experience life the Moroccan way :)

• Related to: Photography, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written March 1, 2010

• SOLODANCER profile photo SOLODANCER
  • Reviews: 130

Riad Rita: When In Marrakech Stay With An Artist

The Riad Rita in Marrakech, a stunning Italian-earth colored guest house, is also home to the great painter Rita Kallerhoff. Located right in the heart of the medina, this eye-catching three-story house was designed by the artist herself in a recombinant architectural style of Arabic and Berber forms.

The guest house which the painter calls "my pink house" is adjacent to her own private home - the blue house - with separate entrance, courtyard and equipped with a swimming pool, kitchen and ensuite bathroom for each of the Riad's three private bedrooms. The extensive ground floor serves as the Riad's salon area and doubles as the artist's studio where hung her latest works and where you might get a glimpse of the painter busy at work.

Each bedroom is unique in its own artistry decorated and painted in typical Moroccan colour-scheme of luminous pastels. Above it all from the terrace to where one can clamber up and be rewarded with the most exquisite and serene views of the pink city and the great Atlas mountains beyond.

I stayed in the upper story bedroom flushed with its unique magnificent colors and decor it felt as tho in its largeness and abundance a ready harem awaiting all types of seductions. And upon waking I would fling open the french doors into my private veranda panelled in gorgeous Iraqui multi-colored glass which seem to shut out unwanted harsh light and allow only the most voluptuous of all imaginings.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture, Architecture