Oudaya Hotel

See Amenities
krissyM's Profile Photo

Clean and Pleasant Hotel

by written on December 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three nights at the end of a 2 week trip around Morocco. After arriving at the hotel, we decided this place was luxury after other hotels we had stayed at and decided to book one night after the tour ended. The rooms were clean, and maintained. There was working air conditioning (thank goodness), satellite TV with a couple of english speaking channels (BBC and CNN), and a shower with a curtain (bonus!). Breakfast was included in the price serving typical morroccan fare: bread, pastries, jams and eggs. There is a really nice pool area (albeit shaded) where at sunrise and sunset you could hear the chirps of thousands of birds nesting in the ivy along the walls. Free Wi-Fi is provided in the lobby.

Unique Quality: The hotel is in a pretty convienient location. It is located 2 blocks off of the main street of Ave Med V. Along this street you can catch the public bus for 4 dirhams that takes you right to Jemaa El Fna Square in about 15 minutes. Otherwise, you would be paying between 20-50 Dirhams for a taxi depending on how much you want to be swindled. It is between a 30-45 min walk from the main square. It is also possible to walk to Jardin Majorelle from the hotel and takes between 20-30 minutes. If walking isn't for you then you can catch the hop on/hop off Bus Touristique (see my other tip). The first stop on the tour is less than a 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

Unpleasant experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2011

I went to this hotel on January 2009 and I had a very unpleasant experience.
The evening of my arrival, before going out to dinner , I realized my Canon camera equipment did not fit in the safe . So I asked the concierge and I was reassured by him that I could leave the Canon kit in my room because it was completely safe and no one would go in.
When I returned the kit was gone, totally disappeared… Neither the door or window had been forced , so it was clear that someone who had a key entered the room while I was out and took the camera. The manager told me not to worry because they had insurance which would reimburse the total amount of the value of the camera equipment.
After I filled in all the documentation to get the refund , the insurance company refused to give me the reimbursement because they said the theft had taken place without breaking an entry.
From what I have read on this and others forums, thefts at this hotel are not so rare... Marrakesh is a lovely place , but my suggestion is : CHOOSE ANOTHER HOTEL!

alyf1961's Profile Photo

very comfortable

by written on January 21, 2010

The Oudaya hotel in Marrakech is very clean and comfortable. We had a twin room on the third floor overlooking a gardened courtyard. The staff were quite friendly and helpful. We did change some money in the hotel on the first day we arrived but they could only change £200 [we gave them pounds sterling]. I did try to change some more a few days later but they had no Dirham available so I had to use the ATM around the corner.

Extra Touches-

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 29, 2005

As I've said in my other tips, this hotel is a worth considering- a 3*+ Although in Gueliz (so not in the old part) It's quite handy to explore Marrakesh, just off Ave Mohammed V, and you get to experience the 'French Quarter'

The staff were all very friendly and helpful (except 1 female on reception, but she was the exception!)
I returned to my room one day to find my night wear had been arranged very attractively! (as in photo!)

The hotel has a 'Turkish Bath' , I asked if this included a massage, I was told it didn't, but some of the staff could do a massage when 'off duty' (without the management knowing!!) As I had pulled my shoulder earlier in the week, when lugging my baggage from the coach in London I arranged a massage.

The massage soon sorted out my aching muscles and cost 100dh (provide your own oil) I felt fully re juvenated afterwards

Unique Quality: The staff were mainly all very friendly- the boy in the gift shop gave me a present on my birthday (he was also very helpful on advising about prices of goods I wanted to buy in the Souks, or where to buy more obscure things such as my Muezzin clock (see my shopping tip)

The chambermaids were friendly (and often arranged my room/clothing very attractively), the bar men were always quite chatty, we discussed Moroccan sports, music, customs etc. The reception staff were very helpful, with info on places to visit, arranging a guide etc

Directions: See Previous Hotel tips

Hotel Oudaya....Back door!

by written on February 26, 2005

This hotel is classed as a 3* +. Popular with tour groups, it was extended in 2003.

The extension's rooms are located around an attractive lawned 'courtyard' with 3 fountains and a walled water feature, which looks quite impressive at night when it is illuminated.

Unique Quality: This extended area also has a reception, and lounge areas.

However, it is closed at 23.00hrs, so if your taxi driver stops here, just ask him to go to the main entrance.

I think the road that this doorway leads onto is Ave Mohammed Abdelkrim el Khattabi.

Please see my previous Hotel Oudaya tip for more details

Directions: Off Ave Mohammed V. Your taxi driver will usually know where it is

A comfortable hotel, 3*+

by written on February 6, 2005

I booked this hotel as a package through Panorama Holidays, and found I had quite a bargain , I paid £309 for flight, airport transfer, 7 nights single room, B&B. Another company was offering the same for over £500.

The hotel was very comfortable, clean and had a relaxed atmosphere. The staff were all friendly and polite (well except for one female on reception who never smiled)

The hotel was expanded in 2003, it's popular with tour groups and holidaying Moroccans.

Although situated in Gueliz, it's quite handy for getting around (It's just off Ave Mohammed V)

Unique Quality: Attractively decorated, the reception/lounge area has seating and TV. The new part has a separate reception which closes at 2300hrs.

A pool, hamman, sauna ( 60dh book at reception) games room, bar , 2 restaurants (one is on rooftop), well stocked gift shop, the extension has a pleasant lawned courtyard with fountains and a wall fountain that's lit up at night.

My room was in the new part. Twin beds, TV, storage, safe, bathroom with over-bath shower, air con/heater.

French windows opened onto the lawned courtyard, table and chairs to sit out (tho' in January it was a bit too cold to sit for long)

I'd definitely stay here again.

Directions: Off Ave Mohammed V, most taxi drivers could find it ok!

If arriving after 2300hrs, make sure they don't drop you off at the back door as this reception is closed.

16 Photos of Oudaya Hotel

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Oudaya Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Bar / Lounge

Marrakesh Travel Forum

Need advice about Marrakesh, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Marrakesh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marrakesh hotel reviews