Riad'O

10, derb sidi ahmed ou moussa, bab doukkal, Marrakech, 40008, Morocco
Riad O
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Marrakesh

Storks on a telecom mastStorks on a telecom mast

Medina StreetscapeMedina Streetscape

Tin Mal Mosque: horseshoe archesTin Mal Mosque: horseshoe arches

Dj David Guetta in Pacha Marrakech 09/12/2006Dj David Guetta in Pacha Marrakech 09/12/2006

marrakech

by paulapureheart

Will there be enough things to do and see in Marrakech around Xmas next year.
I plan to be there for a week but am wondering about the weather this time of year. Rainy, cold? or nice and warm during the day? thanks for any response.

by leics

Nobody can predict the weather so far in advance but the climate tables here will give you a rough idea:

I'd go, like a shot. :-)

by earthflyer

A week in Marrakech is along time I would split it in half and spend Christmas in Marrakech and New Year in Essaouira only 3 hours away on the coast but you have a big beach, the medina, The harbour & sunsets.

Weather in Marrakech & Essaouira at christmas time is usually clear blue skies with cold nights but do expect a day here and there to rain but in general the weather will be good. Average daytime temp about 20-24c

by ricky52

Daylight hours 10
UV level 3 = Moderate
Humidity = None

by iaint

I was there last week for 2 days.

Had 12 hours of heavy rain. Apart from that - sunny & warm at 22-25c (20c in the shade).

I'm told it is the time of year for rain, so luck may come into it.

by SallyM

I was in Marrakech for a week at Christmas a few years ago. The first thing to say is that it is impossible to avoid Christmas entirely, even in Marrakech We saw inflatable Santas in the souk, and our hotel thoughtfully left slices of chocolate Christmas log in our room...!

The weather was warm (not hot) and sunny - perfect for sightseeing. If you are there for a week, you will probably want to take a few trips outside the city - we went to Essaouria (where I think it was pretty windy), and the Ourika Valley (cooler and rather overcast).

by iaint

Interesting...main reason for me going to Morocco was to avoid Christmas (long story).

I didn't see anything in Marrakech to remind me - the opposite - morning of 25-12 I went to the poste office to mail my postcards and then had a coffee outside at the Djemaa el-Fna. Afternoon I was on the train to Meknes.

The Ibis in Meknes did have a pathetic little C-tree in the lobby, and i thought of sneaking down in the wee small hours to torch it, but decided it was a time of goodwill...

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Guides

by diageva

The first morning I was at Marrakech I asked a guide to show me the city ... to learn how to move and to explain me a little of the better monuments ... and souk ....

He was a very good guide of about my age, and I had a very good time with him. He took me to Saadies Tombs .. to Bahia Palais, to Merdesa ... and to the souk ...
I bought with him few things ... and ... help me to learn how to bargain ... :)))))))

The man in the pic is a tipical guide ... with the chilaba ...Its not minen ... the guide that helped me was dress normaly ...

you can ask for a guide at the tourist office .. but also you will find them anywhere ...

120 dirham half day aprox
250 dirham all day aprox

Don't forget your "cheich" !

by Bigjones about In every "souk"

Before going to the desert, don't forget to buy a cheich, it can be very useful. It protects again the sun, the sand storms, the cold and the rain. Indeed, it sometimes rains in the desert ! I would have never thought. But we got the proof of it when we were in Merzouga ;-) About 20-25 dh

Good food if you aren't in a hurry

by BarryBraund about Charley's Cabana

Usually, I like to find places to eat that are busy. If lots are people are eating there, it must be ok is my logic. I had read about this place and it sounded good. This place probably had the slowest servive I have ever seen. Not that we had anywhere special to go, but when you are ready to eat....you are ready to eat.
There was only one other table occupied until we arrived, which makes you think....hmm..we will probably be served fairly quickly. Big mistake. Maybe 45 minutes after ordering we were served, which was almost ok, as we sat outside and could watch the world go by.
Three out of four of us were quite happy with our meal. Steak au poivre, veal and chicken were good, but the carbonara was very bland. I can only speak as I find, and the steak with peppar sauce was good. slightly on the neuvo cuisine side of 'size wise', but very good.

Jardin Majorelle

by barryg23

Jardin Majorelle, owned by French fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent, is a beautiful garden in the Ville Nouvelle part of Marrakech. The garden takes its name from its designer, Jacques Majorelle, a French painter who lived in the adjoining house in the 20th century.

There are nice flowers and cactii, great colours and interesting Moroccan artefacts in the gardens. It almost seemed too perfect - an expatriates romantic view of Morocco maybe rather than how it really is. The gardens are in a small street off Avenue Yacoub el Mansour in the Ville Nouvelle.

richily decorated theological college

by sachara

The Ali ben Youssef Medersa is a theoligical college founded in the 14th century by the Meronid Sultan Abu Hassan. The Saadians restored the medersa in 1564 and made it the largest theological college of the Maghreb.

After entering by a narrow and dark corridor you will reach the wonderful courtyard (picture 1). The stucco decoration (picture 1) of the walls is magnificient as you can see above the great portal to the prayerroom (picture 2). The walls and pillars have zellij tiles at their base (picture 3 & 4). At the upperside of the walls above the stuccowork is carved cedar wood (picture 5).

Comments