Riad Attouyour

Derb Lala Azouna 51, Marrakech, Morocco
HostelBookers.com

More about Marrakesh

Ed, Mohamed and I in the Atlas MountainsEd, Mohamed and I in the Atlas Mountains

Dried Fruits & Nuts, Jemaa el Fna, MarrakeshDried Fruits & Nuts, Jemaa el Fna, Marrakesh

Alleyway of Marrakech's MedinaAlleyway of Marrakech's Medina

A rainy day in the Medina, MarrakechA rainy day in the Medina, Marrakech

Bus timetables

by BCA1978

Hi,

does anyone know where I can find an up to date CTM or Supratour bus timetable, for travel from Marrakech to Agadir?

Cheers,
Ben

by windcity

I do not know how up to date the time table is but for Supratours you need http://www.oncf.ma
Sorry I cant help with CTM

by john9159

Hi Ben,
I have the following times as those for the old and longer route over the mountains:
Supratours - Marrakech to Agadir - 10:45, 12:30, 14:30, 17:00, 19:00, 22:30, 00:30. Fare is 90Dh.
Supratours - Agadir to Marrakech - Depart 04:00, 08:00, 10:00, 13:30, 15:00 and 23:30. Fare is 90dh.
CTM info is sketchy but from Marrakech to Agadir buses depart at 08:00, 12:00, 15:30, 17:30. Fare about the same.

With the advent of the new motorway, the journey is reduced to three hours although recently a couple experienced travel time of 4 hours, not much better than the 5 on the old route. The fare on the new motorway is 110Dh with Supratours but I only have a departure time of 9:30am from Agadir and departure time 4:30pm and 9:30pm from Marrakech.
I'm on the lookout for new route times myself but no-one seems to be bothered getting back to me.
When you get to Marrakech, the Supratours office is near the railway station, past hotel Ibis. It would be wonderful if you could get the times for the new route and let me know; I take photo's of the timetables pinned up on the wall.

by earthflyer

Bus timetables don't seem to exist in Morocco, which is a real pitty since all western countries use them and are very helpful when planning a trip.

I have travelled everywhere in Morocco with CTM and never once saw a printed timetable anywhere. Best you can do is go the CTM or Supratours bus station or office and ask.

CTM have a website but found it to be totally useless the last time I checked, no bus info at all, which is a shame for national carrier of Morocco that has been around for decades. CTM still have a lot to do to improve it service when it comes to bus information. But having timetables on all there buses and in the stations and offices around the country can do a lot of good for CTM.

by earthflyer

Well it looks like Supratours won that round.

Well done john maybe I convert over to Supratours next time I travel round in Morocco.

by BCA1978

Top stuff John & Earthflyer. I'll let you know the results when I get back!

Cheers.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Narrow streets of the Medina

by iwys

The streets of the Medina are made deliberately narrow, with very high walls, to protect walkers from the hot sun. they are fascinating places to wander around and you can take some great photos in them, but be wary, if any individual thinks he has just featured in your photo, he will ask you for money.

Although these streets are usually too narrow for cars, they do not deter speeding motorcyclists, so you need to take care.

Meet my bodyguards! But...

by Krystynn

Meet my bodyguards! But seriously, see who I managed to bump into right here in TANGIER?

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you the contestants of the World Bodybuilding competition (Heavyweight) held right here at the hotel where we were staying in Tangier.

Photo Below: That's (ahem) yours truly with the country champions from Denmark (right) and USA (left).

Although they appear HUGE, they are really gentle/ genteel guys.... I left Tangier on the day when the Finals were held... so I didn't know which one of the guys won. But I hope it was either Mr Denmark or Mr USA. :-)) Incidentally, these guys are REALLY tall vis-a-vis my almost 5ft 7 inches frame. I looked positively puny standing next to them!

Oh, and if you're interested to see how the Moroccan flag look like, check my tank top. Yes, I'm wearing a tank top that I've just bought right here in Morocco - bearing the Moroccan flag costing me 50 dirhams (I bargained like crazy again... I don't think the shopkeepers like me very much here. :-( They literally panicked when they see me approaching their shops. hehe...).

Good French Upscale Food

by tere1 about LE PAVILLION

This is a very good restaurant with French influence food. The courtyard is lovely and very cosy, with a nice atmosphere. The patio has olive trees and a fig tree planted around a central fountain.

The menus range: Menu du marché at 350 DH
Menus at 450 and 590 DH. A bit expensive but worth it.

Here are some of their dishes:

Carré d’agneau rôti, jus à la fleur de thym frais,
ratatouille pimentée,
Parmentier de canard confit au foie gras chaud,
Escalope de foie gras, jus de miel,

This chef has already been awarded 2 stars in the Michelin Guide for his restaurant "Les Mouscardins" in Saint Tropez. I loved the Parmentier de canard.

A Relaxing Haven

by Sean1901

The Marrakesh Museum is well worth an hour of your time. It's a beautifully restored 19th century riad, showing how each room would have looked. Particularly impressive were the hamman and this wonderful chandelier in the main reception room.

There's also a lovely courtyard, with a cafe

Original Hamman

by sachara

In the palace Dar Mnebdi (19th century) you can also see the original hamman. Why didn't it surprise me after seeing all the abundant decorations in the palace that even the walls of the hamman were nicily decorated with red colours.

Not only the decorations, but also the scale of the hamman shows that it belonged to one of the wealthiest families in Marrakech.

The other rooms in the museum display different collections like coins, ceramics, doors, jewelry and dresses.

Comments