Riad Awinati

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Marrakesh

Night market stallNight market stall

"Barak, Barak !""Barak, Barak !"

in the medina - mint and herbs on the cornerin the medina - mint and herbs on the corner

Sign on bathroom door Hotel IBN Batouta M'kechSign on bathroom door Hotel IBN Batouta M'kech

a month in morocco?

by lucy+

Hi
Me and a friend wear thinking of traveling to marraksh for a month or so, we have never been to morocco before and would really appreciate some information on what it’s like. We are both female and are 18 & 19 is this going to be a problem? Could anyone recommend cheap apartment month rentals? What’s the weather like in September/ November?

Also another must know information would be fantastic.

Thanks a lot, x x

by khattabi_eg

Hi,

First I suggest you do some reading about Morocco as it is going to be your first visit.
I can't help with the apartments for rent, but I think the further the apartment from the city center, the cheaper. In Agadir, a furnished apartment near the city center costs 2500-3500 a week. It is Nov now and still sunny and warm, just a little cooler at nights.
Abdou.

by JamalMorelli

On the Marrakesh tip: If she doesn't check in on this thread - look up shelteringsky on VT - she lives in Marrakesh and I think she is originally from the States or the UK...

GO here for Packing Lists, weather, etc

Go here for all sorts of useful stuff
www.triotours.com

Like Webster's Dictionary

by TheLongTone

This poster has obviously read your tips on how to get a response, Jamal:-)

by JamalMorelli

LongTone, I am, despite myself, laughing my ass off.

Standing room only.

by shelteringsky

Eh?What are you boys on about?Forgotten the question.Ah ,yes,2 girls aged 18 & 19 in Marrakesh for a month.Well.......fantastic,you will have a great time.Whats it like....amazing.Marrakesh appartments are expensive to rent,average price 10,000dirhams pm and upwards,(16 dirhams to the £ ) if you can find one.The weather is hot during the day and cool at night(hence Long Tone wearing soxs with his sandles)get a guide book, Lonley Planet or Rough Guide or Time Out.Unfortunately I will be shopping my arse off in Uk in nov/dec but will give you my phone number anyway in your Vt email, i can introduce you to some trusty locals.As Jamel will warn you take no notice of offers of help from people who have just joined this site to answer your question.As you are staying for a month some trips outside Marrakesh might interest you,read about it in the guide books.

by TheLongTone

At last, a sensible answer to a simple question!

by lucy+

Haya thanks allot for the advice! I have herd so many varying reports about how to dress appropriately. In your experience would you subject covering hair as well or just the modest baggy clothing?
no that wasn’t a typo it will be 07 - the original plan was to move out to Marrakech on a more permanent basis but I've herd its pretty difficult to find work out their (??) so I think well just go for a month and then move on to brazil and try living their. So need lots of time to save up, :)
Thanks again x x

by Danidge

hey

did you end up going to morroco?

My family and I are going over for christmas, would appreciate your comments, what it was like, etc...

Thanks

Danidge

by TheLongTone

Just the clothing, no need cocover hair since in Morocco you won't be visiting mosques.
Loose clothing that covers most of the body is more practical in a hot climate,anyway.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Narrow passages.

by wandabendik

When we came out of the Sadiaan Tombs, we bumped into a tour guide who was a local man we asked him to direct us to the palace he took us through some narrow passage ways past a womans mosque and we saw a storks nest, as well as some local bakerys and shops, we didn't have time to stay around there, it was like a maze. we ended up going through a shop but we were lost so decided to walk back towards the city square. That was an adventure.

Supratours bus to Laayone

by earthflyer

Supratours have 2 buses departing for Layoune.

Journey time 15 hours.

Tickets are around 285 dirhams.

Supratours have there office next to the train station in Marrakech.

Please use prices as a rough guide only.

Jemaa el Fna

by realde14

Jemaa el Fna or La Place, is an open space full of street entertainers and food sellers, right next to the most important souks. From the Cafe CTM roof top, from where the picture was taken, you can get an excellent view on Jemaa el Fna and its activities.

As we stood in front of the...

by hajin

As we stood in front of the Koutoubia mosque, Said suggested we go to the Menara Gardens. When we asked him what it was like, we were simply told it was a really big pool...smiling at the reply, we asked if it was far as we preferred walking to the petit taxis or the horse drawn carriages. Not far we were told. After a long walk through the new part of town and without sighting very many interesting things, we finally got there and, indeed, there was a huge pool. The grounds were lovely, but it seems that the pool is the thing to see and like all the other tourists that got their five minutes there, I took a photo of it...

Enchanted place!

by marimar_72

We reached Marrakesh by bus,the minute I stepped foot on the ground I was charmed by this place...
Everything is breath taking....You will feel that you have gone back in a time machine..so beautiful.

Comments