Riad Azukar

derb Moulay Idriss, Douard Graoua - Medina, Marrakech, 40008, Morocco

More about Marrakesh

Arab girl with suitor by Rita Kallerhoff.Arab girl with suitor by Rita Kallerhoff.

The city walls of MarrakechThe city walls of Marrakech

Spectacular Sunset, MarrakeshSpectacular Sunset, Marrakesh

romantic and special place to sit!romantic and special place to sit!

CHEAP RIADS

by alexmessam

Hi myself my husband and my daughter are going to Marrakesh on 22nd December for a week, we are trying to find cheap accommodation. I am looking for a cheap Riad about 250.00 pounds for the three of us (if that is possible) I have found
a riad called JNane Mogador which looks nice but does not have pool and also hotel Ryad Mogador - just wondering if anyone has any advice on which is the best place to stay a Riad or a Hotel. Have any of y ou stayed at either of the above? Also what are the temparatures likely to be in December, my daughter really wants a swimming pool which I know is quite hard to find in a Riad - but would it be warm enough to swim at that time of the year? We do like the idea of a Riad but just wondering if they are peaceful or a bit hetic as they are right in the medinas. Will there be enough there to amuse my daughter? Help please!

RE: CHEAP RIADS

by moroccomania

Hi,
Well, you'd better hurry up to book your hotel or Riad ASAP cause that's a busy season here.
Riad Mogador is not the type of a Hotel you wonna put yourself into. Stay away from that hotel, you wouldn't even reocommend it for a dog.
There are lots of cosy Riads that you might be interested of, but i'm sure most of them are booked already. Try Riad Lalla Moulati, well located cosy Riad in the center oif the Medina.
Personally, i recommend choosing a Riad, it's much better that a hotel outside the Medina where only tour groups stay there.

by JamalMorelli

There is a gal who really seems to know her stuff on the LP forums... Edith Kohlbach, who seems to have a who, judging from her posts, has a whole bunch experience with your question.

....you can e-mail her at ekohlbach@aol.com.

by JamalMorelli

For around 20 pounds a night - Riad Hiba, Jnane Mogador, Belle Ville
For around 30 pounds a night - Dar Salam,Bleu Citron, Riad Khmissa,Dar El Hanaa,Riad Numero 10,Riad Kalila,Riad Todra,Riad Essaada,Riad l'Aviateur,Riad Celia

I highly recommend to you and anyone searching riads to search here (since I ganked the above mentioned riads from their site) GO HERE -

These people are not connected to any tour groups and they are a clearinghouse of a great deal of Moroccan info.
You pick your price, your type of accomodation - and bang!

Have a blast, y'all...

RE: CHEAP RIADS

by adventurousman

hi there
hotel ayoub is a nice and a cheap(24 pounds for double room including dinner) hotel and it has a swiming pool , for more info access to this websiate bellow
if u need any info about marrakeesh don't hesitate to contact me

by RusskiPower

Yep, try this: http://www.triotours.com/cgi-bin/janvande/webdata/webdata_hotels.pl?city_id=050&min=1&max=500¤cy=1&single_from=&double_from=between+1+and+500&rmtype=Double&category=G&cgifunction=Search

You will be spoilt for choice!

by oznomad

Hi in this forum I have no answers but for the first time logging into this area
We will be in Marrakesh next year and I found your input most helpfull

If anyone is still around I will probably have ??? as we progress

Looking forward to then

oznomad

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

I hardly had any time when I...

by VTShounen

I hardly had any time when I went, but if I did, I would have definitely looked into making an excursion into the nearby Atlas Mountains. In April when I went, there was still plenty of snow on the mountain tops. I saw posters advertising tours into the Mountains, but I would have explored the possibility of trekking thru a part of it.

That shall be for another time.

Storks nest restaurant

by TheLongTone about La nid du cignes

This is a very pleasant restaurant more or less opposite the entrance to the Saadian Tombs. It's spread out over three levels, two of them terraces overlooking the wall round the tombs
and a spectacularly raggedy storks nest opposite. The storks are most unobliging as regards posing for photos, preferring to keep their fundaments pointed towards the many diners trying to get their portrait.

Especially useful if your guide book has the entry times for the tombs wrong, and you arrive only to find them closed for lunch.

Medersa

by jlfloyd

This place was one of the better monuments to see in Marrakech. You can buy a ticket to three monuments (the Marrakech Museum, Ben Youssef Medersa and an archealogical site- all next to each other) for 60 dirhams, but a single ticket to the Medersa alone is 50 dirhams. This is the old school for teaching the Quran. The building is amazingly beautiful and you are allowed to walk about freely in the entire place including old student rooms. I would recommend this site to anyone. You can take some great pics.

Almoravid Koubba

by iwys

Admission DH40 (DH 60 combined ticket with Marrakesh Museum and Ben Youssef Medersa). The Almoravid Koubba is the only surviving building from the Almoravid period in Morocco. It was rediscovered in 1952, after having being buried beneath one of the outbuildings of the Ben Youssef Mosque.

Adventures In & Around Exotic MARRAKECH

by Krystynn

Greetings from the beautiful city of MARRAKECH.

MARRAKECH, one of the four Imperial cities, is a beautiful and secular city set at the foot of the High Atlas mountains and it's lovely snow covered peaks. The "Red City", is also surrounded by red ochre walls and beautiful green palm trees..... Dominated by the imposing Koutoubia Minaret, this city will truly impress you with its marvelous palaces and hidden treasures... which comes in the form of it's souks and quaint Medina.

So, come along with me as I show you around beautiful MARRAKECH. Her tranquil gardens and the lively Djemaa El Fna Square.... followed by a guided walking tour of the colorful and bustling souks.

Then, we'd savour the exotic food and spices to complete our truly Moroccan experience! :-) Can you smell the delicious aroma from the Tagine? I'm getting hungry even as I'm penning all this down.

Ah, lunch.

We'd have lunch in a traditional restaurant where we'll all be entertained with lively (and I mean, LIVELY) Moroccan folklore music and if you're interested, catch a display of the ancient art of belly dancing. Yes! Bring out those cymbals and string instruments now....! And let's join those belly dancers on stage....

Now, if you still have some energy left, we'd end the night at Chez Ali, this cool entertainment place that will leave you spellbound for sure. Well, it surely did leave me awestricken, I tell ya.

I hope you'd enjoy your stay in mythical MARRAKECH - just as much as I did.

Au revoir!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."