192 Derb Jdid - Dabachi, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco

Booking.com Priceline.com

• mandybailey's Profile Photo

Tranquility in a crazy city

I picked Riad Boussa because I knew I wanted to stay in a Riad in the medina and this one had excellent reviews, was in a good location and looked beautiful - decorated exactly how I had imagined Moroccan accommodation to be. It looks exactly like it does on the website.

In the lead up to my stay I spoke with Brigitte many times, she was most helpful in planning my trip; arranging tours and transfers, suggesting things to do and places to go. Sadly Brigitte wasn't able to be there during our stay, but she'd left everything very well organised for us, the guy in charge in her absence (Bruno) was very funny and helpful (even though he doesn't speak much English and we don't speak much French!). Brigitte had gone to the trouble of preparing written English instructions and tips to help us get by and get around, which was much appreciated!

The riad only has 4 bedrooms and we were using 3 of them. Each uniquely decorated, the colour schemes and furniture were beautiful. This is the kind of riad you don't want to leave! We loved spending time in our rooms but also in the patio and in the lounge beside the log fire when it started getting chilly at night. We had a delicious breakfast on the terrace, which is a lovely place to relax on a hot sunny day!

It's only a 10 minute walk to Djemaa el Fna so is in a great location (it's not very far it just takes a little while because of all the crowds on the main street!). It's very quiet and peaceful. They have a lovely cat too!

Unique Quality: The service here is personal and the best I've ever experienced. We had dinner in one evening and it was the best meal I had in Marrakesh, they arranged a belly dancer for us too. Breakfast was whenever we wanted it and the traditional Moroccan dishes on offer were delicious. On my birthday they surprised me with a home made birthday cake; best cake I've had in a long time!

If you want to stay somewhere small, traditional, central and expect personal and friendly service then this is the place for you. I absolutely loved it and I can't recommend it more highly!!

Directions: South Medina

More about Riad Boussa

Great great great place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member redivan666

Marrakesh is a magical city, so on our riad. We stayed for 5 days at one of the best riads of Marrakesh for sure, Riad Boussa.
We decided to book this riad thanks to the reviews on Tripad. and looking to its web site we took the chance and decided to contact Brigitte. Since then everything was perfect, Brigitte replied us quickly every single time we had a doubt and was really helpful. We booked the airport tranfser (may be you can pass without it because taking a cab there will be proprably cheaper, but anyhow...) and as we landed Abdul (nice people!!! and speaks spanish, english and french!!!) was waiting to drive us to the riad. RiadBoussa is in the middle of the Medina, 5 minutes walk from the Jamaa El Fna square and the souks.
The best, the hospitality from Bruno, Miriam, Samira and Brigitte. Bruno was always ready to open the door with a huge smile and some jokes, and once you are there, the atmosphere with the perfect music and candles all over the place is just perfect.
But going directly to the details, it is a small riad, only 4 rooms, but nice ones with plenty of space and each one with its own bathroom and a/c. There are 2 double rooms with a nice and comfy queen bed perfect for two adults. Another double with 2 single beds and one more with 2 double beds, this one perfect for families.
It is spotlessly clean, really nice service and with the perfect breakfast to burn the city chaos. You are always asked by Brigitte the time you want to have breakfast on the next morning which really is a plus.
The only bad thing is the hot water in the shower.... but well, i think it is a common point for all in the medina.... anyhow, nothign problematic.
The interior patio is nice with a terrace on the third floor and some places to have a rest and read o just drink the best mit tea in the city.
They also have private hamman (we didn´t use it... may be next time!) and Samira and Miriam can give you some nice massages.
You can also book a private and perfect dinner in the patio in advanced so they will cook authentic moroccan delicatessen for you.
Also recommended to check out some excursions with Abdul, he is a nice driver and guide!

To sum up, 100% recommended and a must if you go to Marrakesh. Also the price isreally good, but don´t tell anyone!!!! it is a small gem in the middle of the chaos of the Medina.

Thank you guys, we will visit you again if we go back to Marrakesh!!!

The place to stay in Marrakesh

by TripAdvisor Member tharris888

Thumbs up for the Riad Boussa. It's location in the Medina is great.
The Riad itself was much more that I had hoped for. Very clean and well maintained. Staying there will gave me an authentic Moroccan that I don't think I would have experienced in a conventional hotel.
Bruno, Brigitte, Samira and Miriam were great hosts. I don't know if I will every return to Marrakesh, but if I do, I will be seeing Bridgitte and the Riad Boussa again.

A little advise on buying ceramics....don't even try pack them in a soft-side suitcase. ouch!

Magic Marrakesh

by TripAdvisor Member SAPXI

When we came from Essaouira and arrived late in Marrakesh the Riad Boussa was hard to find.
Fortunately a local was so friendly to lead us to the Riad. The welcome of Brigitte and Bruno was sincere and they already expected us. Marrakesh is such a bustling city and when you enter it's like an oasis in the middle of the city. Both welcomed us with the typical thé de menthe in a real oriental atmosphere.

We had the big "Limoun" room which was very nice decorated in morocan style with beautiful warm colours. You quickly felt like home, because everywhere were nice oriental arrangements and a calm relaxing music played in the backround. This was a dozen times better than in an IKEA showroom ;-))

Brigitte and Samira were always hospitable, prepared a delicious breakfast for us, arranged a guided trip to the High Atlas with a Jeep and gave us useful advices for Marrakesh. While Jasmin enjoyed the massage of Samira, Chi Wan (also known as Kung Fu Jackie Chan in Marrakesh ;-)) relaxed in a cosy lounge with cookies and tea.

Thank you for the nice stay in your Riad. We had a great time and appreciated it very much. Certainly we are going to come back to Marrakesh and enjoy another stay in the Riad Boussa. We can absolutely recommend to all globetrotter a stay in this Riad! Greetings from Germany (belated), Jasmin & Chi Wan

Friendly, French, Marrocain

by TripAdvisor Member albosan

Booked this stay thru TripAdvisor - Thank you all Very much!!!

Brigite warmly welcoming at the door. Ah, the memories;
comfortable surroundings relaxed my eyes,
our bedroom/en-suite sheer bliss,
Bruno choosing the right music all the time,
spicy aromas preceding Samira's wonderful cooking,
in-house hamam from Rizlan and massage from Myriam!
What else can I say?
Well, actually, there's more...
Great help and advice during our stay; where to visit, how much etc.,
Organising a trip to the Sahara, the highest mountain in north Africa? - No problem!
A great holiday, a great place to stay; I'll Definately be back!
I commend the house to you :))

lovely french riad

by TripAdvisor Member SwSe86

Bridgette was so nice and helpful. Her staff was also very sweet. At first it was a little difficult to find, but being that the city was noisy and up late it ended up being nice that we were out of the way.

As a heads up though, there are kids who gather around the street where this is located. They will bother you and bother you for money and will curse at you if you fail to deliver. Other then that they were harmless. So do not be afraid to tell them no.

Great but take note!!

by TripAdvisor Member London_China

We stayed at Riad Boussa for 7 nights, and although Brigitte’s riad and her team were absolutely great, friendly, hospitable and helpful, we felt a week was probably just too long. Keep in mind when booking that riads seem to carry the noise so if you have babies crying in the next room, or people coming back late or even rain coming down on the plastic roof, you hear them! You certainly need earplugs. Also, note that there are no televisions in the rooms, smoking is permitted and cats roam freely throughout the riad, also our bed was very hard. We found our room door open on a couple of occasions as general there are no locks on the doors. So, all in all a real mixed experience - hospitality was great one day we had fresh flower’s placed in our room and Samira's couscous was the best I have tasted. But in our experience for what you actually get its probably slightly over-priced.

Love Riad BOUSSA

by TripAdvisor Member Julie044

My friend and I stayed at Riad BOUSSA for 5 nights in November. From the time we arrived, the welcome and service was wonderful. Brigitte and her staff were attentive, helpful and friendly throughout our whole stay. Brigitte was very informative about restaurants and shopping in Marrakesh, she arranged our taxi from the airport and a trip into the mountains. We had a delicious meal one relaxing evening prepared by Samira. The rooms are beautifully decorated and cleaned every day with fresh towels. It was always a pleasure to return to the riad to experience the relaxed and friendly atmosphere away from the noise and hectic pace of the souk. Our french was very poor but this was never a problem as Brigitte and Samira would always speak english. We would definately recommend this as a lovely place to stay and would not hesitate to visit again.

Magical

by TripAdvisor Member Mnemosynes

My wife and I stayed in the Riad Boussa for seven days and when I came on this website to share our views I was not surprised to see how enjoyable others had also found their vacations.
We spent seven amazing days and enjoyed ourselves as we had not done for a long long time!
I remember, two years ago, we had found ourselves in a Riad during a storm and regretted the absence of a roof (my wife got a cold and she went back home sneezing)! It was quite a relief to go through the same situation in Riad Boussa and remain dry thanks to the roof (though it was a plastic one, it still was a gift from God!).

We would like to thank the crew (led by the lovely Brigitte) for their wonderful advices during our stay. They were by our side all the time to show us the way to great restaurants (european as well as Moroccan), and activities and allowed us to enjoy fully our trip.
I also wanted to highlight the skilfulness of the girls who gave us the best massage ever (and God! the hamam!)...

To conclude, I would say that it was a pleasure to spend a week in this very Riad, not only for the Couscous we ate (and let's call God once again to praise Samira and Myriam!), but also for its perfect location which gave us the opportunity to see the best of Marrakech.

So, thanks again and make sure to book your next holidays here!

A peaceful oasis and a wonderful team!

by TripAdvisor Member bethanf

We spent a wonderful 5 days at the Riad Boussa last month and found it a peaceful oasis from the hectic bustle of Marrakech.

Brigitte and her team were wonderful hosts and could not have looked after us better. We were served unlimited mint tea, lovely breakfast each morning and Myriam's couscous was wonderful!
We also had a great hamman thanks to Samira.

The riad is a little tricky to find and we'd definitely recommend getting the airport transfer with the cart service to find the riad down the small alleyways. As two female travellers we were a little concerned at first and glad to be escorted but after the first night we felt safe and the location gave a peaceful contrast to the busy streets outside and the central square.

As mentioned in other reviews, the roof was definitely much appreciated as we had torrential rain on two days! But the riad itself was a great place to relax and shelter.

So thank you so much to Brigitte, Samira, Myriam and Rizlan and all the team for making our stay a memorable one!

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Caglargurkan

We had an absolute ball in Riad Boussa. The service was excellent and please do not refuse the dinner offer. Semiha's cooking is excellent.
Please take Brigitte's advice on the Altas mountain tour and stalls to eat at the night market.
Regards