Riad Boussa

Tags

Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
mandybailey's Profile Photo

Tranquility in a crazy city

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2009

I picked Riad Boussa because I knew I wanted to stay in a Riad in the medina and this one had excellent reviews, was in a good location and looked beautiful - decorated exactly how I had imagined Moroccan accommodation to be. It looks exactly like it does on the website.

In the lead up to my stay I spoke with Brigitte many times, she was most helpful in planning my trip; arranging tours and transfers, suggesting things to do and places to go. Sadly Brigitte wasn't able to be there during our stay, but she'd left everything very well organised for us, the guy in charge in her absence (Bruno) was very funny and helpful (even though he doesn't speak much English and we don't speak much French!). Brigitte had gone to the trouble of preparing written English instructions and tips to help us get by and get around, which was much appreciated!

The riad only has 4 bedrooms and we were using 3 of them. Each uniquely decorated, the colour schemes and furniture were beautiful. This is the kind of riad you don't want to leave! We loved spending time in our rooms but also in the patio and in the lounge beside the log fire when it started getting chilly at night. We had a delicious breakfast on the terrace, which is a lovely place to relax on a hot sunny day!

It's only a 10 minute walk to Djemaa el Fna so is in a great location (it's not very far it just takes a little while because of all the crowds on the main street!). It's very quiet and peaceful. They have a lovely cat too!

Unique Quality: The service here is personal and the best I've ever experienced. We had dinner in one evening and it was the best meal I had in Marrakesh, they arranged a belly dancer for us too. Breakfast was whenever we wanted it and the traditional Moroccan dishes on offer were delicious. On my birthday they surprised me with a home made birthday cake; best cake I've had in a long time!

If you want to stay somewhere small, traditional, central and expect personal and friendly service then this is the place for you. I absolutely loved it and I can't recommend it more highly!!

Directions: South Medina

• Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Marrakesh Travel Forum

Need advice about Marrakesh, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Marrakesh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marrakesh hotel reviews