76 Rue Berrima, Derb Touareg, Marrakech, 40008, Morocco

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less and rated 16% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Marrakesh

Huge expanse of the Djamaa el FnaHuge expanse of the Djamaa el Fna

One of many mosquesOne of many mosques

food stands at djamaa el fnafood stands at djamaa el fna

Saadian Tombs (Marrakesh, Morocco)Saadian Tombs (Marrakesh, Morocco)

re: buses from Malaga/Algeciras to Marrakech

Hi there!

I have searching for cheap flight from London to Marrakech and it seems to be out of reach. I have figured out that it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a bus from Malaga to Marrakech.

Has anyone taken a bus? Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Ron

RE: re: buses from Malaga/Algeciras to Marrakech

by lelu1

Hi,
I booked two tickets round trip London-Marrakesh, flight on jan30-feb13 return, for 140 GBP by EasyJet.

RE: re: buses from Malaga/Algeciras to Marrakech

by Homer_Simpson32

From Malaga airport you would have to get the train to Fuengirola, and from there a bus ride to Algeciras. www.ctsa-portillo.com, It would have to be a morning flight, so that you would have ample time. There are ferries in Algeciras, but I have heard that the ferries from Tarifa are quicker. Also consider landing in Gibraltar (BA from Gatwick/Heathrow and Monarch from Luton), as Algeciras is only a 25min bus ride away. As from March there is a new budget airline operating to Gibraltar have a look at www.flygib.com. They are supposed to be cheap.

I am sorry that I can't help you on the route from Tangiers to Marrakech.

by ronaldpk

Thanks mate for the tip on this new budget airline!

I've found a Spanish website for Eurolines that shows some info on buses from Malaga to Marocco, but I don't speak Spanish.

by Homer_Simpson32

If need a hand with translations, I understand Spanish, but the CTSA-Portillo website has info in English.

cheaper airplane from london to Fes

by stevelondon

so you can ask about or cheake this web sit www.ryanair.com it's cost just 50 pounds come and back from london.ask about it but about the bus it's bad idea .

by ronaldpk

Thanks Steven - I have already checked Easyjet, Ryanair, Monarch, Thompsonfly and it's all so damn expensive for the dates when I want to fly. But maybe Fes is not a bad idea except that I really want to go to Marrakech!

by ronaldpk

I just got my r/t to Marrakech 80 quid with Thompson for March!
Great Deal!

by ABRENNAN33

I am currently trying to plan that same trip from Malaga to Algeciras tomorrow morning and having no luck. And the travel agents are all on siesta until abot 17:30 here. As far as the translation goes, my Spanish isn´t terrific, either, so I use www.freetranslation.com and it gets about 90% of the job done.

As far as getting from Tangier to Marrakech, we are going to take the train. You can´t buy the tickets online, you can only purchase them in person at the train station in Tangier. There is a night train that leaves Tangier around 21:30 and arrives the next morning in Marrakech around 08:40.

Hope this helps.

by ronaldpk

Thanks for the info but I have already got my flight LTN/RAK 11 March 07 and accomodation for 3 nights at Ryad Rahba Marrakesh but who knows? Maybe I will consider taking a train from Tangier in the future!

Cheers,
Ronald

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Packing List

by xaver

Marrakech, at least in spring, when I went, is a really warm place, but just during the day, infact after sunset, your t-shirt will have to be replaced by something warmer.Anyway, if you don't want to carry heavy legguage from your place, you can always buy something in the suks, always extremely cheap, just have a big patience in bargain.

Caleche!

by tini58de

When we booked our trip to Marrakesh, a tour through the city in a horse carriage was included. Otherwise I would not have booked it, but I must say it was nice!

We went on a night tour through Marrakesh and the sound of the horses' hoofs on the cobble stone was special! I felt a little sorry for the horses having to be in all that traffic, but they seemed to be used to it!

That sweet sweet smell.

by belgianchocolate

We had to leave the house very early in order
to make it in time to the airport. 3 in the morning.
It wasn't a pleasant flight and 'checking in'
Marrakesh seemed to take ages. It took
the customs forever to check on the passports.

Once arrived at the hotel I wanted to go out
as soon as possible. And there it hit me....
It was a warm , sometimes intence smell.
I knew that parfume...but where did I knew it from.

And then I knew it. Orange blossom water.
But this was the real thing. The trees here
seem to have oranges and blossoms at the
same time.

Now orange blossom water is gained from
the oil from the blossoms. It is a delicate sweetener
and often used in desserts. They also use
it to sprankle some on their hands for the
fresh smell. Sometime it is added in tea....

A nice idea is to evaporize it. It brings a relaxing
mood to people and never spoils your appetite.
In Belgium it is used to parfume marzipan. hmmm...

It is the smell of hospitality!

Zaouia Sidi Bel Abbes

by MichaelFalk1969

Zaouias are grave monuments. The Zaouia Sidi Bel Abbes is dedicated to a holy man whose prime concern were the poor and the blind. This is the reason why you will find rather a lot of beggars along the entrance of this Zaouia. The interior can not be visited by non-muslims, but the beautiful courtyard is accessible for everyone. Located in the north of the Medina.

All aboard the Marrakech Express!

by mafi_moya

Marrakech! The name alone fills my brain with images of the exotic and the mysterious. A stronghold of the ancient Islamic empires; an Arabian Nights concoction of late night bazaars and hectic souks; or a drug-hazed rock'n'roll stop on the sixties hippy trail - it's one of the great cities of Africa.

I know it’s a bit of a clichéd description but Marrakech really is a tale of two cities. On the one hand there’s the Ville Nouvelle, the new city with its wide tree-lined avenues, spotlessly clean streets, cosmopolitan urbanites and fashionable restaurants and ice cream parlours. Just a few blocks away it feels like you step back hundreds of years, deep into mediaeval times and the dark, labyrinthine alleyways of the Medina – the sound of blacksmiths and tanneries, the smell of carcasses hanging on hooks above the gutter, and narrow, uneven roads where horse and carts have right of way over cars.

It’s naturally to the Medina, with its exotic chaos, that most tourists are drawn, before retreating to the hotels of the more refined Ville Nouvelle. It’s one of the few traditional Islamic Medina remaining and despite all those tourists it's an eye-opening experience. Djemaa el-Fna, the Place of the Dead, is an incredible sight – as night falls, food stalls set up and the huge square is filled with smoke and smells, storytellers, jugglers, snake handlers and thousands of people.

Like most Moroccan cities Marrakech has it’s own colour scheme – in this case everything is painted red. Shades of houses range from pastel pink to fierce deep crimson and it makes an incredible sight just before sunset.

I loved the Medina’s vibrant attack on the senses, but I also enjoyed the Ville Nouvelle’s laid-back cosmopolitan charm, even if I did feel a bit out of place in the more fashionable parts! But the thing I loved most about Marrakech was the amazing old Islamic North African architecture – the mosques, the religious schools, the museums, art galleries and old palaces. Somehow these buildings link the two cities and the centuries between them – combining the history and tradition of the Medina with the space and prestige of the Ville Nouvelle. When I'm old and rich this is how I'm going to build my dream house!

Comments