Riad Christina

Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Marrakesh

Marrakesh VT MeetingMarrakesh VT Meeting

CTM busstation MarrakechCTM busstation Marrakech

Koubba Ba’adiyn: (also) enjoying the Morocan sunKoubba Ba’adiyn: (also) enjoying the Morocan sun

colourful zellij and mirrorscolourful zellij and mirrors

How to go from Prague tp Marrakesh?

by Mirwaisalizada

Hello,

Could anyone give me any idea what would be the best way to travel from Prague to Marrakesh? Any cheap way? I will really appreciate your help. Many thanks. Mirwais

by cachaseiro

fly from prague to girona with smartwings:

www.smartwings.net

then continue with ryanair to marrakesh:

www.ryanair.com

by DAO

Good one Claus!

Easyjet also flies there from Europe.

The cheapest way will be the less direct route!

by jlfloyd

I did the exact same thing just 4 weeks ago. I took a bus to Brno, in Czech Rep, about 3 hours and 10 USD and caught a flight from there to Barcelona (Girona) with Ryan Air (70 USD). From there a number of discount airliners fly to Morocco. I used Ryan Air again into Marrakech (60 USD).

by angiebabe

those tips above sound excellent info -

but it might be also useful to know/look at the budget subsidiary of Royal Air Morocco called www.atlas-blue.com who do flights from all around Europe into Morocco as well.

by Mirwaisalizada

Thank you very much for your information and help.

I book my flight exactly as you advised. I booked it from Brno to Girona (barcelona) and then to Marrakesh and the way back from Fez to Girona and to Brno. It is really cheap by Rynair. Around 5000CZK round trip. Thanks all for your comment and support. Ali...

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

How could we leave out the...

by pjallittle

How could we leave out the RUG MERCHANT in a page like this one? This is where the most fierce and serious bargaining takes place. You will hear every sob story ever told since the day rugs were first woven.

How the rug is an original and took hundreds of hours to make, the whole nine yards. Three doors down, same rug, same sad story, higher price, lower price, it is a living comedy.

One of the couples on the ship we were on actually purchased a genuine Moroccan rug, he was so very proud of how he bartered laboriously and finally won out.

Several days later, Arnie was smitten when we found the same rug in a small shop in Southampton. Seems this shop imports them from a factory ~ genuine MOROCCAN CARPET made in SRI LANKA. Arnie was glum for days.

Open air dining and theatre!

by suvanki about Djemma el Fnaa

I loved visiting Djemma el Fnaa at night. My first night in Marrakesh, I headed here first. I'd heard so many reports of this place, mainly good, some were warnings.

I first went to The Argana cafe for mint tea, and a panoramic view of the square, before heading for the food stalls and enjoying my first meal at Aychas Number 1. (see my restaurant tips for more details)

I then strolled around, soaking up the atmosphere and sounds. I felt quite safe wandering by myself. I stopped to watch a few of the musicians and storytellers. While I was watching one group, one of the musicians came over, and led me by the hand to sit at the side of the group. I was made to feel very welcome. Although I didn't understand the stories, I enjoyed this experience, and it made my first night in Marrakesh very special.

I spent most of my evenings enjoying the music and atmosphere of Djemma el Fnaa. In winter it can be very cold. I was pleased I'd packed my winter coat, gloves and fleece hat. (I wasn't expecting that I'd be wearing them in Marrakesh though!)

Dark clothes are probably best, as eating at the food stalls can result in spilt food..the benches are sometimes a distance from the table..if you're a shorty like me!

Tasty lunch

by toonsarah about Cafe de l'Etoile

We had lunch one day in this pleasant spacious café just off the Djamaa el Fna. All the tables outside were taken but we got one just inside the door with a view of the street outside and of the airy double-height dining room within. There is also a roof terrace if you’re feeling more mobile than I was, though I imagine the views are slightly less good than from some of the others in the neighbouring area.

I only wanted a light meal and had been wanting to try the local harira soup, so was pleased to see it on the menu. I had a delicious bowlful accompanied by some bread (French baguette style) for just 12 dirhams (about £1) – a bargain. Chris also liked his tuna melt Panini which came with chips and cost just 30 dirhams, so was also good value.

The nicest garden of Marrakech

by ptitetoile

Majorelle Garden is an oasis of calm and cool, fresh air in the heart of the city of Marrakech. The garden was created in the years 1920 by the French painter Jacques Majorelle. It made there plant the rarest essences around a small building Art deco which was used to him as workshop until its death in 1962. After his dead, the garden and the studio were completely abandoned. But thanks to Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé, its new owners, this beautiful garden has a new lease on life. It is so nice that you could stay there hours, sitting on a bank, smelling the various essences of flowers, trees, admiring the flashy blue of the house, ... and trying to capture all that with your camera!!!!

Open from 9 am to Noon, and from 2 PM to 5 PM. (3 PM to 7 PM in the summer)

Places des Ferblantiers

by keeweechic

The Places des Ferblantiers is quite close to the Bahia Palace. Part of it is quite a nice rose garden. The square is known as the tinsmiths square and was originally called Place de Mellah and was part of the old Jewish marketplace. In the market you will see lantern makers in their workshops crafting their products.

Comments