Derb Lalla Chacha 18, Douar Graoua, Marrakech, 40000, Morocco

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• artofvintage's Profile Photo

Fabulous Riad in the heart of Marrakech

Riad Dat Najat is a great place to stay in Marrakech. It is very central and near to Jemma El Fna, but also in a quiet street away from noise. You can be sure of a warm welcome from Oliver and all his staff. The rIad is very clean and fresh towels are provided daily. The shower works well and hot water is available at all times. When you arrive...you will be collected at the airport by a taxi and taken to the raid so you don't have problems finding it. On arrival you are given help and information if necessary and they are always there to ask if you need anything. Everyone there is very friendly and relaxed. If you have time...you can also arrange to stay in Oliver's other Riad in Essaouira on the coast. He can arrange this for you easily. The Riad has beautiful rooms on two floors, with a terrace on the top third floor which looks over all of Marrakech. The food there is really good...huge breakfast of fresh orange juice, pancakes, pastries, omelette, bread and jam with good hot coffee. In the evening, on the terrace you can eat traditional moroccan food freshly cooked and delicious....I have eaten in many places and this was the best in Marrakech...with a good atmosphere and great music. I really would not hesitate to recommend Riad Dar Najat for fabulous holiday.

Unique Quality: Clean, friendly, relaxed, professional. comfortable,

Directions: Near Jemma El Fna

• Your Palace in the Heart of Marrakech

My brother and I (20 and 23 y.o.) traveled to Marrakech and stated at the Riad Dar Najat for 5 all of our 5 nights. I have NEVER stayed in such an AWESOME HOTEL!

Oliver (the owner) and his crew of Moroccan friends and employees all get along great with each other, and are more than welcoming and inviting. The tea never stops flowing, and the conversations continue on (if thats way you would like). They will treat you like kings and like best friends (they hang out and give advice and stories, and they make sure you're always satisfied and have a full cup of tea, and a full stomach).

The hospitality topped this deal off, even though the pure beauty of each of the 7 rooms, and of the roof terrace and each of 3 levels of the wraparound terrace, are captivating enough.

They will arrive trips for you, serve you wonderful breakfast each morning and upon request they will cook you the BEST DINNER IN MARRAKECH. No joke, we spent over $100 equivalent on dinner for two one night and it was terrible compared to the tajine we had at the Riad for about a quarter the price

You could never step out of the road and still have a great time in Marrakech, though of course this is not what any traveler should do in such an exotic place.

Also, the LOCATION IS AWESOME!!!

Unique Quality: Courtyard, 3 wrap-around terraces plus a rooftop terrace. Very interesting, fun architecture that makes you feel like you're in a little palace or fortress. And they treat you like kings as well.

They have a deal set up with drivers who will take you on awesome private day trips, where you can do whatever you want along the way. It's like you're in a band and its your tour bus, and you've got an awesome (most likely Berber) guide/driver making conversation and telling you about the area.

Everything is great at the Dar Najat.

The artwork is really cool too, and you should definitely ask about it. We got to meet the artist in Essouaria (a town about 2 hours drive away), where he stays at Oliver's other Riad.

Directions: Near the big square, in the old city.

• coolest riad marrakech

First and foremost, Olivier the owner andhis staff provided service and attention that was above the call of their duties. We encountered a little difficulty with our entry into Marrakesh (no fault of Dar Najatwe had a bad driver), and Olivier went out of his way to reassure us and ensure that we felt comfortable navigating Marrakesh and to and from the Riad and the "hot spots" of Marrakesh. Additionally, the Riad provides a cell phone that is particularly comforting for foreign/non-European guests that may not have cellular phones that work in Morocco. This phones take pre-paid minutes and can be used to call the Riad if you are out and require advice, directions, or a recommendation. We felt that was an amazing attention to detail in ensuring that guests felt "linked in" to a trusted resource for information while they were touring around Marrakesh.

Marrakesh is chaotic and bustling, yet once inside Dar Najat you have no idea all of that chaos is just steps away. The Riad is modernly appointed as an upscale boutique hotel would be. You feel as if you are staying in the home of a stylish friend more so than at some Riad. My husband and I visited 4 cities in Morocco, and Dar najat was our favorite Riad.

Unique Quality: Do you love delicious food and relaxing evenings under the stars? If so, do not miss the opportunity to dine-in at dar najat. The food is of high quality/grade, well prepared, and beautifully presented, but the atmosphere of dining on the AMAZING rooftop is the element that pushes the experience to the level of magnificent. My husband and I enjoyed our evenings on the roof to recount all of the sites and experiences of the day.

Finally Olivier arranged for a car/driver to take us to Essaouira, Morocco, and of all the drivers we had during our trip--this driver was the nicest, most polite, and friendliest. All in all--there was not one single thing about Dar najat we would change---except making more riad like that around the country (world even maybe!?!?) so we could always have a reliable, clean, relaxing, and beautiful place to stay.

Directions: 5mn walk from jama lfnaa

• marrakech's greatest location

when you planning a trip to this very exciting city, you do the best to stay at the riad "dar najat"
    marrakech have soooooo many accomodations and i was in minimum 5 or 6 of them.
    my "old" favorit riad was full, so i search a other one to stay: "amine bob marley marrakech" pick me up in the streets and show me this cool hotel near the place djemaa el fna.

- 7 lovely decorated rooms with private shower & aircon
    - nice roofterrasse with a jacuzzy & sunbeds
    - located in the heart of the medina (old town)
    - best food in town
    - cool sound & atmosphere

Unique Quality: the riad-team (specially amine & sakina) are priceless! they take care of you when ever you have a problem or a little wish like another "the a la menthe" or "jus d'orange". but they are never pushy! like good friends ... and i miss them allready

Directions: Middle of the old town (medina), 5min to the main place (jemaa el fna)

• COOLEST RIAD IN MARRAKECH

This is a great hotel...

Behind the anonymous front door of Dar Najat lies a beautifully designed riad which stimulates all the senses. The contemporary Moroccan interior is a feast for the eyes and the rooms tastefully restful. Breakfast is fresh and delicious and the restaurant is a gourmet treat. Gentle background chillout provides the score to your stay ... seriously , this place even smells amazing.

We had a very enjoyable and relaxed 3 night stay, Every one of the staff were utterly charming and couldn't do enough for us.

I think the 'barefoot 5 star' is a good description ... complete luxury but with friendly un-pretentious service.

Excellent location for exploring the Medina, although you may find you don't want to leave the hotel !

Unique Quality: The most relaxing break we've ever had we can't recommend this hotel enough or maybe we shouldn't so we can keep it our little secret.
    The atmosphere of the RIADl is relaxing, chic, luxury but without a ounce of snobbery!
    DAR NAJAT has just got it right, the staff, food,jaccuzzi everything. We want to say a big thank you to all the staff there as nothing was to much trouble. Also we can say is WE WILL BE BACK!! as we live in Rabat for 2 years

Directions: near jama el fnaa next moulay idris palace douar graoua

• marrakechs coolest riad

me and my girlfriend had a fantastic stay at the riad darnajat. from the beginning until we had to leave we felt really welcome. the staff is honest, helpful and hearty. the service is great and the whole riad is arranged and decorated with a good taste from the owner, done affectionately. it was not our first time in morocco and we already ate many couscous there, but the best we've ever eaten was in dar najat. you have to order a couscous royal there!
    there is also enough space to chill out, relax on the terrace or on the new built superior floor, with sunbeds and cosy moroccan styled lounge.
    your're in the middle of marrakech, easy to find the jamaa el fna by your own, but if you need any help ask the staff and they'll help you anytime.
    so there is really nothing bad to say about the dar najat and it certainly wasn't our last stay there...

Unique Quality: 200% of love in the riad: staff, owner, decoration, food, sound & jacuzzi

Directions: in the heart of the medina (old city)

• the best riad to marrakech !!

It was our first time in Marrakech and wanted a break for just a few days, had been recommended "Dar najat" and we were not disappointed.
    As per many posts on trip advisor and as someone who travels alot i would highly recommend this riad we really had a great time.
    We arrived here on Tuesday via Easy jet from Gatwick we arranged to be collected from the airport (this is a must as the hoards of taxi drivers touting for customer could be a bit overwhelming, we arranged it with Olivier before we left the uk i.Our driver was waiting when we passed through customs and was very friendly an polite and explained places of interest on the way ,we changed our money at the airport and within 15 minutes we were in "Dar najat" it is tucked away in a side alley away from the hustle and bustle of the shops and local market traders.
    It has a quaint small wooden front door which once inside the riad opens to be large and spacious the quality of the furnishings and attention to detail are lovely.
    We had chosen to stay in room which was on the first floor overlooking the courtyard this was a lovely room,however as it was quiet whilst we were there Olivier did show us all the rooms and which ever room you choose, you would not be disappointed as the furnishings and layout of each room are really nice.
    After off loading our cases we met Olivier on the roof top and we enjoyed mint tea and biscuits whilst he explained places of interest on a map he gave us and some restaurants and cafes, he then gave us a complete tour of the riad.
    When we were ready to go off to explore he came outside and showed us how to get to the main square.
    Breakfast is served on the roof terrace and was very enjoyable consisting of fresh fruit, pancakes, toast coffee or tea and orange juice.
    We had been recommended to eat in one night and Olivier arranged at breakfast with us our menu for that evening, we chose for starters we had meat and vegetable food parcels for the main course both a lamb and chicken tangine and finally baked pear in a toffee sauce and we were not disappointed it was by far the best meal we had whilst in Marrakesh ,
    The roof terrace has many sunloungers and a large sofa which is lovely to sit and read or just relax after a day in the souks.
    To sum it up a lovely riad in a great location and Olivier is the perfect host .

• best riad

Marrakech was our first stop in our trip to several cities in Morocco. After our stay at DAR NAJAT, it was difficult for the later riads and dars to measure up. It is a riad where you truly feel at home. The riad and its rooms are beautiful. The amenities are first rate. Your hosts are very welcoming. And the food...well, it was simply fantastic

Unique Quality: It is an ideal oasis in the midst of the medina. Full value for the price. Highly recommended.

Directions: douar graoua

• AnthonyMason's Profile Photo

Romantic Getaway

My wife and I had a short break at this riad for 3 magical nights. Wow what an experience it was, it was so peaceful and romantic at this riad.

The riad is in an excellent location, very close to the Jemma el fna square and in the heart of the medina (the real Marrakech). The staff were so friendly and all of them were multi-lingual, they spoke fluent English, French and Arabic.

From the moment we arrived at this riad it felt like home, my wife loved the smell of fresh flowers that was all over the riad. There were places that we could sit and relax all over this riad, we could sit and chat with other guest or just dissapear into our own private space if we wanted to.

The riad is decorated very tastefully and makes you feel at home. There are 2 terraces, the first terrace level has various shaded areas were you can sit and relax, there are also tables where you can sit and eat. There is a music room where you can sit and enjoy your own music or listen to the tastefully relaxing music being played. There is also a massive jacuzzi on this level which is so nice on a hot summers day. On the second terrace level there is another room were you can sit and relax. There are also a lot of sunloungers here were you can sit and take the sun in. There is also a shaded area on this level with a large sofa that you can relax on.

In our room we found an air con unit that was really cold (it also had a heat function on it for the colder nights). The bed was perfect (not too hard and not too soft), the towels that the riad provides were also very nice. There was even an ipod speaker in the room if you wanted to listen to your own music. In fact there was nothing in the room that we could fault, it was fantastic.

The ensuite bathroom was also very nice, it was very clean and came with all of the usual complementry toiletries, the shower was very powerful and there was constant hot water 24/7. The cleaners came everyday and made sure everything was ok.

There was also free WIFI access at this riad (which was fast) and if you dont have your own computer the riad will provide you with a laptop (free of charge) so that you can check your emails and surf the net.

The breakfast was an experience in itself, it was so tasty. It was a mix of fresh pancakes, waffles, omlettes, pastries, jams, honey, breads, the best "freshly squeezed" orange juice, tea and coffee. The staff really look after your every needs and treat you like royalty.

This riad is a real gem, a testiment to its owners and the staff, we met a lot of really nice guests at this hotel, 2 of the couples were previous customers who had returned to this riad again.

The next time we are in Marrakech we will definitely be staying at Riad Dar Najat again.

Unique Quality: Location, Friendly staff, Great Food, Great ambiance, Jacuzzi, Free WIFI

• top ten hotels marrakech ,riad dar najat

I’m not very used with reviews but this time..we had to write some few words as all in this romantic guest house have been more than helpful and kind with us!

Great atmosphere..fantastic to be in the jacuzzi on the roof terrace with a glass of wine..when getting hot!

All since the transfer from aerport until the end of the stay has just been perfect.

I have to say I was a little worried with this experience as I never stayed in any country of africa before this lovely trip.;but after one day of “ethnic choc..”I found all and Marrakech totally incredible..and safe as the location of the riad is just firty meters from the cousin of the king’s palace.

Art work amazing and the food was the real best we ever had in the all holidays.

For sure with out any hesitation,we’ll come back in dar najat for our next trip in Morocco.

• gay friendly riad

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights to roughly coincide with my birthday. From the moment we arrived at reception the welcome was warm and friendly - as was the complimentary mint tea! We had booked a superior room which was pretty large, very comfortable and well appointed (and for my birthday the owner olivier offer 4 nights for the price of 3!) .

We ate out the first night we had a very enjoyable meal at a restaurant call azar pretty reasonable pricewise. We had excellent lunches at The KozyBar (Place Des Ferblantiers nr Bahia Palace).

We tended to do our sight-seeing in the mornings & get back to the hotel late afternoon to relax in th jaccuzi or in our room before having drinks on the roof before dinner. The breakfasts in the hotel although are excellent -
    We visited many of the sights both in the Medina and in the New City and overall had a fabulous time and found eveybody to be very friendly. The Main Square at night time is a crazy place & you need to have your wits about you, but we never felt threatened despite walking wherever we could rather than taking taxis.

We would recommend Marrakech and more importantly DAR NAJAT without hesitation, and would specifically mention a number of their excellent staff who made our visit a bit more special - Assam at breakfast ; Hamine rasta Saide for is coolnest and last but not least, Mr Olivier and his charming lady

Unique Quality: the atmosphere of the riad , the jaccuzi on the roof top , Wiffi and the staffs

Directions: 5mn walk from jamma el fnaa

• Best Riad ever!!!

I visited Marrakesh last August 2009 with my family and I am currently planning my trip to return.
    I had arranged with the riad for a taxi to collect us and take straight to the riad. Our riad -Dar Najat -was amazing and I cannot recomend it enough. Oliver and his staff were there to greet us. We arrived to find a gorgeous breakfast laid out for us on the roof terrace. Our rooms were like something out of Arabian nights -absolutly stunning. The air con was also very welcome as it soon hit 50degrees!! Staff at Dar Najat cannot do enough for you. The ladies did my washing and ironing and cleaned our rooms every day. One day i fancied a plate of chips (i know -typical Brit!) so Siad went into town to buy me fresh potatoes and made me chips!! Some nights we ate at the riad -amazing local cuisine -cous cous was gorgeous. Oliver arranged 2 trips for us with a local taxi with air con -well worth doing. We visited the Ourika valley and spent time with a Berber family in their home. People were so welcoming -a humbling experience. We visited their local market -what an eye opener that was! Went camel riding in the mountains and visited the valley where i sat in the shade whilst my family went climbing.
    We also had a day trip to Essourira -well worth doing.

I cannot wait to return later this year -not in August as it was too hot -but definetly back to Riad Dar Najat.

Unique Quality: The welcoming staff -nothing was too much trouble

Amazing decorations -like Arabian Nights

Food!!

Right in the ehart of Marrakesh and near the main square

Directions: 5 minutes walk from main square but Oliver will easily arrange a taxi to take you to the riad -well worth doing as you will get loast in the square!!

• Best service ever

For my first visit to Marrakesh i was lucky to find the Riad Dar-Najat. I read the reviews and for once they were spot on. The Riad is located in the medina, 3 minutes walk to the main square with all the markets, restaurants etc.The service in the Riad was about as good as you will find in any hotel throughout the world, i know as i have been to most places.The staff are charming and helpfull in every way, which made the stay that more pleasing. I was told the food in the roof top restaurant was surperb and they were right. The kitchen are more than happy to make any morrocan food that you wish for dinner and the same goes for breakfast. Fresh fruits, tea, coffee,bread, eggs, chocolate croisants, the list is endless. My room had a 42" plasma tv with a dvd player. I wish i had time to watch it but Oliver and his staff were always arranging fantastic trips and events for me to take part in.

Unique Quality: Roof top restaurant
    roof top jacuzzi
    fantastic staff
    morrocan themed rooms
    great location

Directions: medina

• Dar Najat - the coolest Riad in Marrakech

We stayed in this little boutique hotel in January 2010. Oliver and his team made us welcome from the very start. It is in a great location, just a short walk to the main square and very easy to find your way. T All the guests chill out on the rooftop and it was nice to have free wifi in our room and everywhere else in the hotel. he great thing about this hotel is the atmosphere, it is just so relaxed and chilled that you really feel that you are staying with friends and feel part of the family.

Unique Quality: For me, the unique quality is the atmosphere. Team Dar Najat cannot do enough for you but it is all very relaxed. I also like the artwork which is everywhere and very African influenced.

Directions: Near the Bahia Palace

• great ryad in the heart of marrakech!

Coolest riad in Marrakech! Youre guaranteed to have a fantastic time whether its a romantic getaway youre after or a funky hangout with your friends.
    Chill out on the sun filled garden rooftop terrace, soak in the jacuzzi, pass around the sheesha and reflect on the day gone by whilst taking in yet another North African sunset in the heart of the bustling medina of Marrakech.
    Youll never want to leave!

Unique Quality: Service! Best staff in Morocco, very attentive, very friendly, what more can you ask for?
    The rooftop garden terrace and jacuzzi. Its your own oasis in the middle of the city, you would never guess it.
    Decor - original, funky and stylish

Directions: marrakech medina

More about Riad Dar Najat

door to dar najatdoor to dar najat

NAJAT, CHLOE AND MYSELFNAJAT, CHLOE AND MYSELF