Riad Dar Vima

Riad Dar Vima
Booking.com

More about Riad Dar Vima

Mint teaMint tea

Ait Benhaddou Ouarzazate (et of many films)Ait Benhaddou Ouarzazate (et of many films)

Djemaa el Fna, Marrakech, MoroccoDjemaa el Fna, Marrakech, Morocco

Place Jemaa El-Fna (Marrakesh, Morocco)Place Jemaa El-Fna (Marrakesh, Morocco)

riads

by michelleheath

Has anyone stayed in any of the following riads?
Najma dar Alain, L'etoile du sud,Dar el siam, el filali, Dar Vima or Al Faras.
any info would be much appreciated.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Overnight Trips to Essaouira

by barryg23

Essaouira is a good choice for an overnight trip from Marrakech. You could, at a push, make it a day trip but as it's such a nice town, it's worth staying overnight or longer. It's a laid back town, with a nice beach and port and it provides a striking contrast to the bustle of Marrakech. Buses run from the Supratours station, just beyond the main train station on Avenue Hassan II and the journey takes about three hours

split the dinners

by sunnysarah about Local Cuisine

these is just a general tip.

Many restaurants offfer a 3 course meal, with salad, soup or pastilla and the main being a heaping platter of couscous or tagine. In our experience, it is enough for 2, or if you are really hungry add another salad or soup. You can save some money and not waste food this way. Many of the larger more expensive places we looked at offered this to us right away because they had NO customers in at all! We never had a problem doing this.

If you don't share and have leftovers, why not take the meat out with you and feed it to the cats :)

be perpared for a wild night

by stemc

This is were it happens in Marrakesh during the day and even better at night . During the day can be seen henna artist ,snake charmers , get a drink of fresh orange juice browse around smell spices .
In the evening out come the food stalls just seat at one you like the look of and order and enjoy .Then cruise the different things that is going on around you ,Story tellers ,dancing ,pick up a coke bottle witha rod and sting harder then it looks. KIDs boxing personally did not like this .
the noise ,smoke and smells from the cooking make this a unbelivable experience well wrroth coming to Marrakesh for so go and enjoy

See The Wood!!

by suvanki

I visited the Bahia Palace twice, once planned, the second time unintentionally as part of a guided tour (see my Warnings and dangers tips) but I didn't mind too much as it is an interesting place and I did learn a bit more.

Our guide kept saying what I thought at first was "See the wood", so I was looking up at the intricately painted ceiling, thinking what wood? but then realised he was actually saying Cedar wood! the artwork was painted over the highly prized cedar wood! (doh!) As You can see from my pictures, the artwork is quite stunning.

Besides the painted cedar wood, The Bahia Palace has some good examples of stucco panels, Zellij tilework and stained glass windows. (Please see my photos below)

Pictures I love from our trip

by sunlovey

"Tim & Sarah in Jardin Majorelle"

I love this one because it was one of our first days in Marrakesh and it was a hot one. Thus, we decided to visit Jardin Majorelle. The lush cool that greeted us there was lovely, the vivid hues delighted me. It was quiet, peaceful and we couldn't help but hold hands despite that being a "no no" in a muslim country.

"Dear Içame"

It's always wonderful when you leave a new place having made a true friend. This is Içame, we shared beers, tea, meals and several conversations about religion and culture. He had an infectious smile and a most generous spirit. I hope our paths cross again!

"Sarah, baby Sarah & baby Gringo"

Baby Sarah is from France, she was a little 10-month old delight. And baby Gringo is from a passage in the souks somewhere near Cafe Arabe that we "adopted" for the riad. I had a wonderful time playing with both of these fun little girls!

"This is Rajaa"

Rajaa worked for Dar el Siam, she was always smiling and giggling or calling out "Içame! Içame!" sending him out on a store run. She and Khadija were the resident "cooks" at the riad. She taught me to write my name, Tim's name, peace and love in Arabic.

"Because I just couldn't stop admiring mosaics"

Do you have any idea how long it takes to piece together say, a small mosaic table? Or even a little picture frame? Well, consider a gigantic arching doorway. I was smitten with the amazing detail all around us in Marrakesh. The way in which art went into everything. Hours and hours and hours of painstaking work, crafted by hand, ensuring that absolutely nothing was mundane. Everything was gloriously embellished.

"We've no choice but to give in and move on"

This was taken at our last meal in Marrakesh. We were both feeling sad that our time there was coming to an end. But it was here, at this table, that we decided it was a place we both definitely wanted to return to. We left a little piece of our heart there in Marrakesh.

"A gift from Içame"

It was time to return to the riad, pick up our things, and catch our grand taxi to the airport. We came through the door to find Içame smiling at us shyly. "I have a gift for you" he said. That was it, tears welled up in my eyes in no time. I was so glad to have my sunglasses on still. "A gift?" Tim repeated, with smiling disbelief. Içame handed us two objects wrapped in paper. Tim unwrapped them to find a pair of sconces Içame had seen us admiring in the souks. This is just one example of the kindness and generosity we experienced in Morocco. But one that touched both of our hearts. Thank you Içame! We've already installed the sconces in our home here in Florida!

"I don't want to go, you can't make me go!"

Me, pouting my heart out.

Comments