150 Rue El Gza, Arset Ihiri, Medina, Marrakech, 40000, Morocco

More about Riad El Sagaya

Where to stay in Marrakesh

by Luisito_4

Hi!
I'm planning to spend 4 nights in Marrakesh and I'm trying to find good priced nice hotels or riads at walking distance from Jemaa El Fna. Could anyone help me on that? I'd consider 100 Eur/room (B&B)/night acceptable, even a little more if there is heated swimming pool (or spa included).
Thanks

by robkaz

Try riad omar,it has roof top terrace virtually overlooking the main J,E.FNA square with a long stretch of your neck, it can be booked online, there are more riads in same road/pathway only 50 yards from square they are VERY cheap, we stayed 50 yds further away from square, forget hotel name sorry but it was £23.00 per couple per night !! not top luxury but you only sleep there anyhow !!. If you've never been here before BRACE yourselves it's CRAZY !!!!

HAPPY HOLS !!!! ROBBIE...........

by earthflyer

check out my pages on Morocco for some tips.

by suvanki

Hi, When are you planning to visit Marrakech? If it's in the hight of summer, you might need to consider accom with air con (as well as pool)You might be better staying in Guelez (The French Quarter) as there are lots of hotels in this area (some with pools)at reasonable prices. It's only 10 - 20 dh for taxi to Djemma El Fnaa. I've stayed at 2 places in Gueliz - both reasonable prices and with pool. Oudaya was my 1st stay - basic, but ok, Moroccan House last September - pool, hammam, roof terrace, a place I enjoyed!. Please check my page for more info.
Best Wishes,
Sue x

by sunseeker28

Riad El Sagaya [info@riad-elsagaya.com]
Approx 80 Euro/night for a double room. No aircon or pool but a gorgeous roof terrace.
Very friendly, clean & tidy and about 15 min walk from Jemaa El Fnaa so a bit away from the ratrace which was a welcome break!

by land_space

hi , so about Riad or hotel near jemaa el fna you can book in hotel les jardin de koutoubia is not far from Jemaa el fna just about 100 meters , and is good hotels with air conditio and swimming pool and the price is less than 100 eur.
realy is good hotel .
more info email
hoha_7@hotmail.com

First time to marrakkesh

by dee9882

Hi,

I am interested to travel to marrakkesh around the late may bank holiday, does anyone know what is the best/cheapest way to book hotel/riad and flights, as a package or seperately (since the flights are quite cheap)?

Also what kind of area should I be looking to book a riad, or can any one suggest one?

Dipa

by titti

I stayed there. Five minutes from Jemaa el Fna, in a a peaceful place. You can phone or send a mail. Bilal will answer soon.
Enjoy Marrakech!

by 43beckos

Quite a few no frills airlines fly to RAK now, so it is probably cheaper to book your accomodation separately.

Also do you want to stay in the Medina ( mostly riads with a few hotels ) or in the more modern Guilez, where the bigger hotels are.

We stayed at a Riad in the North of the Medina near the Bab Tagzout taxi rank, which was very handy. We were about 10 minutes walk from the square

The property we stayed at can be found at the following link.

See my Marrakech page for more tips

by dee9882

Thanks

43beckos,

What would be cheaper staying in riads in medina or Guilez? How far is Guilez from medina, how much would the taxi cost. I assume I would be spending most of the time in Medina?

by suvanki

Hi Dipa! I've travelled to Marrakech both as a package (my first visit, which was a week with flight and hotel through Panorama)
My second, I booked my flights (Easyjet) and accom. on t'internet.Riad al Mamoune,(in the medina, which I just booked for my first night as I fancied the romance of staying in an old Riad) and Moroccan House(which is in Gueliz),for the last 2 nights of my trip,and was very reasonable).

Personally, I've preferred staying in Gueliz - it's only 10 - 20 dh in a taxi into Djemma el Fnaa,(and about 15 mins from the airport)There are plenty of bars,pavement cafes, restaurants and clubs, as well as still seeing 'local life'
I enjoyed spending most of the day wandering around the medina, mellah etc, returning to Gueliz to a hotel with air con, pool etc, then returning to Djemma el Fnaa for the night, or stopping around Gueliz.

I've recently noticed a few travel agents advertising very reasonable hotel/flight packages to Marrakesh for 3/5 and 7 nights in their windows.

I'd recommend a day trip at least to Essaouira. Depending on how long You've got to spend in Morocco, Ait Ben Haddou is worth it for the journey there as well.

If You want any more info, please check out my Marrakesh and Essaouira pages,or please e-mail me, and I'll be happy to help.

Have A great trip, and I look forward to reading about it!

Sue

by sunseeker28

We stayed at Riad El Sagaya [info@riad-elsagaya.com]
Very friendly, clean & tidy, located in the Medina and about 80Euro/night high season

Jo