117, DERB DABACHI, Marrakech, 40000, Morocco
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Marrakesh

look up - awesome ceilings throughoutlook up - awesome ceilings throughout

Koutoubia Mosque, MarrakechKoutoubia Mosque, Marrakech

view from the first floor levelview from the first floor level

Food stalls on Djemaa El Fna at nightFood stalls on Djemaa El Fna at night

From Marrakesh to Merzouga - transportation?

by Aschafer

Hi,
I plan to take the trip into the desert to spend 1 night. Omar from cameltreking.com told me to contact him 1 day before I arrive in Merzouga. I am actually staying in Marrakesh. Is there easy transportation from Marrakesh to Merzouga? Buses or trains? I am not renting a 4x4, so if you could let me know how to arrive in Merzouga from Marrakesh I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

RE: RE: From Marrakesh to Merzouga - transportation?

by Aschafer

Wow, I had no idea that Marrakesh was so far away from Merzouga (14 hours?). I thought this was going to be an easy day trip. Do you think it's necessary that I organize this in advance or is it pretty easy for me to do it once I arrive in Marrakesh?
Thanks again!

RE: From Marrakesh to Merzouga - transportation?

by hallandalebeach

hi.
hope that u will spend a good time in morocco as iam.i really enjoy my holidays in morocco.about a transportation there is a normal bus from marakech to errachidia so it arrive a little late.but u'll still have a time to get to merzouga.so i recommand you a nice guy who his work is organising cameltreks in merzouga.also he can can pick up you where ever you want his name is omar
phone 01121267700533 from usa 067700533 from morocco.
hope that u will spend a nice holiday beleive me he is a verry kind person and maybe lets see each i live only about 300 feet from pembroke pines let me know about your holiday.

RE: RE: From Marrakesh to Merzouga - transportation?

by johnsakura

hey!
so you're actually going on in one of Omar's desert tours?? great decision. Omar is a great calm person. you will love his tours.

i actually know him. hehe crazy isnt it? so i can assure you'll be in good hands. please, when you meet him tell him that Joao from Portugal send him a BIG HELLO! :)

so from Marrakech, the best is the bus. im looking for the schedules... but i can seem to fing them sorry.

morocco is easy to travel so even if you feel nervous arriving to places or afraid of someone, please don't be. but, pay attention. you don't have to be obliged to buy, drink, smoke, go anywhere or anything you don't want. moroccans can be pushy if they notice you are going with the flow. so if you are going to the desert you don't need a guide. and you will meet omar. you have buses going to rissani. from rissani you can get a shared taxi big mercedes to merzouga. you take it near the souk, not in the normal taxi station in the town entrance. this taxi you have to take it near the pharmacy on the right side of the souk. it costs about 2 euros going to merzouga where Omar will wait for you. please ask him for advise i know he will give them to you. maybe he can even go and meet you in rissani and join you on the taxi making you feel more confortable and getting used to sahara desert. ask omar also about the schedules of the buses.

enjoy,
joao leitao

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Having fun at a football match!

by ptitetoile

As our friend is a football referee and he had to supervise a match in Marrakesh (Marrakech-Fès) while we were there (fantastic coincidence!), we went to see if he did a good job!!!! And it was really great! Kamal told us that the entrance was free for women (there are no woman in it in fact!) but if fact the police guy was not really OK to let us it... We explained the whole story to a more friendly policeman who let us in and led us to sitting place near the supporters of Fès !!! We were treated there like princesses ! The match was great... there were 4 goals during the match! A lot of suspense!

Cheap food in Djemma El Fnaa

by suvanki about Chez Chegrouni

I visited this place after reading recommendations from other VTers. Good for cheap, good basic food.

My first visit, I had a tasty bowl of Harrira soup with bread for 8dh!
The food was lovely, but the service was VERY slow- I thought it was because I was a female on my own, but then realised everyone else was having to wait.

My second visit, I was with a friend I'd met during our tour. We both had tagines, which again were hot tasty filling and cheap. Mine was a chicken tagine with almonds and sultanas-Mmmmmmm!

My 3rd visit I had another tagine plus an avocado juice, which came sweetened.

I'd read on VT and in LP that the quirk of this place was that you wrote your order on the paper napkins, then this was returned as your bill. I'm afraid that I didn't see this happen.

Popular place with locals, Moroccan holiday makers and tourists- the front terrace was always full, so I sat inside - there was a fan overhead. There is an upper terrace too, but I didn't get to see this part. The Tagines were hot, tasty and cheap- starting at 30dh for vegetable tagine, 50dh for beef or chicken tagines, (2006) Delicious bread to mop up the juices.

Avocado juice was a pleasant alternative to orange juice - something that I'd not tried before, but will look out for it again.

lovely Marjorelle Gardens - multi visits okay!

by angiebabe

The beautiful Marjorelle Gardens, renovated by Yves Saint Laurent who also lives in the mansion next door, is for me a place i can never visit too often.

visited again just last week when taking a friend for her first visit to Morocco. Like me she loves gardens and was really impressed with this garden. She also agreed with my recommendations to visit the small but rather interesting islamic museum that is housed in the blue building that you see in pretty much all the photos of the gardens!

This is my 4th visit, still i guess not so many visits, but its been lovely each time. Of course the light is different, different time of year, different people and mood etc!!

Its a haven in the middle of busy and bustling Marrakech with its crazy driving and hooting drivers, the busy souk with constant calls and hustle for attention, and even from the summer heat its a cooler retreat.

Everyone and Everything Enjoys The Food

by keeweechic

I must say that a lot of the food stalls were fascinating but I wouldn’t buy anything from them. Some tempting Moroccan sweet treats were out in the open and the wasps or bees were having a feast. There were also whole carcasses strung up in the heat.

Impressions from the Majorelle Gardens

by MichaelFalk1969

I wish I had a garden like that !

Though sadly Majorelle is virtually under siege by tour busses, it is still an enchanting place, and you still can find a rather quiet spot to sit down and enjoy its beauty even amongst the crowds.

These are a few impressions from my (multiple) visits.

Comments