Riad Limouna

3 Derb Cherkaoui, Douar Graoua, Marrakech, 40000, Morocco
Official Site

More about Marrakesh

Man in djellabaMan in djellaba

Marrakech -  Koutoubia -Marrakech - Koutoubia -

beerbeer

Place Jemaa El-Fna (Marrakesh, Morocco)Place Jemaa El-Fna (Marrakesh, Morocco)

about smal Appartment in Marrakech

by ricci_77

hi there

just a thought, but knows anyone about a smal Apartement for 1/2 Person in Marrakech?
I was searching in www, but there tell me just about Apartements mostly for more than 2 Person and prices op then 50 euro per night.
is it a possibility to find there a small apartment for not more than 20 - 30 euro by night?

all recomment is more than welcome

many thanks
best regards
Ricci

RE: RE: about smal Appartment in Marrakech

by JamalMorelli

The place to begin your search is www.triotours.com - a spam-free, slime-free, non-tourgroup sponsored site - simply, this is best and most comprehensive place to do the kind of searching you are doing. In fact, if you are still searching - a PM to Dysfunctional on the Lonely Planet Thorn Tree can't hurt at all.

If you want to talk to someone in the area PM Shelteringsky or Ashille. Marrakeshophile Kerst knows alot, too. These are no strings attached posters with a history of helping online.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

The usual common sense...

by pjallittle

The usual common sense observances, don't get into too many crowded places although it is inevitable at times.
Won't warn you about drugs, if you are dumb enough to get caught, you deserve it. If you get away with it, don't feel too good about it, your day will come.

By horse drawn carriage

by Firestar24

This is a beautiful way to travel around Marrakech if you can get used to they death-defying road rules! It's also supposed to be only a little more expensive than petit taxis, although I always get over-charged for everything despite my " C'est trop cher!" protests. I think it's my passion for pearls!!!

These horse-drawn cabs are available for practical one way trips or luxury round the city tours.

Into Merzouga Desert

by sunnysarah

We took a 2night, 3 day tour into the Merzouga Desert with Sahara tours.
BE WARNED!!
The van has NO AIR CON, or SEAT BELTS. And the driver speaks no english!! Considering that you are driving for 10 hours each day, this makes the trip very painful!! Its great to see the country side, but it would be nice if your driver can tell you where you are!! Or even get across how long you have at each stop!!
I would not reccommend Sahara. On the way back we switched vehicle with another group just starting out. Their van also did not have air con or seat belts and to make matters worse, one of their chairs was broken completly but they sold the seat anyways!!
We saw other company tours with smilling cooled people in their land cruisers. We were very jealou!s!

Also I must say, the tents leave much to be desired. They are sewn together blankets tossed over sticks in the sand.

Chez Ali - Moroccan Fantasia Evening

by Mikebb

This was an outstanding evening which gave an introduction to the glamour and history of life in "old Morocco". It is an evening of dinining and entertainment, Berber horsemanship, traditional dancers, musicians, belly dancers, mystery, fireworks and elaborate buildings.

We had a fabulous time, picked up at our hotel and taken to the outskirts of the city this certainly was a night to remember and good value. Our all inclusive cost was 55 Euro per person which we thought was good value, included alcoholic drinks with traditional dinner server to your table.

We were back in our hotel by midnight.

Mesmerizing Marrakesh

by Clairea

"The Bahia Palace"

"A highlight of our morning was a tour of the Bahia Palace. It wasn't only a highlight because of it's magnificent beauty, but also because it was home to tons of cats. Being a cat lover, I couldn't resist & they were so loveable.
The palace was full of flowers and tiled rooms and was estimated to be over 600-years-old."

"Magic Carpets"

"...Next, we stopped at a Moroccan carpet shop. It looked exactly like the cover of my book, "One Thousand Nights and One Night." Rich colored, thick carpets hung from the walls of an enclosed courtyard-type area. Some were drapped over the edges of the second floor.
We were served mint tea and then taught about the different types of rugs; berber and emperial. They literally "rolled out the carpet" for us--all of them. With each level of quality that the owner described to us, numerous carpets were unrolled and stacked in the middle of the room until all one could see was a heap of deeply dyed fabrics."

"The Medina"

Also known as a marketplace, the Medina will give you sensory overload. I found it extremely stressful (see my "Tourist Trap" section), but at the same time had a great photo op with some snake charmers. While I don't know if I'd go through it again, at least I had one neat memory out of it---one that relates to how mesmerizing Marrakesh is.

Comments