Derb Dabachi Derb jemaa 22, Marrakech, 40000, Morocco

Satisfaction Average

More about Marrakesh

Marrakesh VT MeetingMarrakesh VT Meeting

CTM busCTM bus

Souk Smarine: sun rays through the iron trellisSouk Smarine: sun rays through the iron trellis

Busy Fishing PortBusy Fishing Port

Transportation from Marrakech to Ouarzazate

Hi all,

I was wondering about any available transportation (perhaps by coach or grand taxi) departing from Marrakech towards Ouarzazate.
- How long does it take to get to Ouarzazate from Marrakech?
- How much would it cost (approximately)?
- How about way back from Ourzazate to Marrakech?

Your assistance would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Yours,

by sinsim

Thank you for the kind response.
I was wondering how much the coach would cost? Also, I wonder if there are plenty of hotels in Ouarzazte if one wants to saty there, overnight. If so, is it necessary to call to make a reservation?

Thank you once again for any assistance.

by sinsim

Thank you once again. Your response is actually much appreciated.

Concerning another issue, how long does it take to make a trip from Ouarzazate to Fes? are there any CTMs? how about their timing?

Thank you again.

by stewarth99

We hired a grande taxi for the day, 1300 Dhm. Not so bad as there were 3 of us. It took 3 hours of so to get there, just in time for luch! Had lunch then a quick tour round the palace. The guide implied that you can walk to the resevoir, looked like 5km, we declined. We went to Atlas studios, where all the Egyptian films seem to be filmed. Nobody was interested in showing us around or taking our money (rare) Took some snaps and had to return. As a day trip it was a bit of a waste of time. Wonderful scenery on the journey. If you need the number of the driver I can supply, no commision!

by teatom

Well, I was there 25 years ago, and the busses looked awful, but were safe. The bad this is that everyone was smoking on the trip. You cross the pass TIZN'TICHKA (2200 M)If I am not totally mistaken, the trip took 5 Hrs. Once on the other side, don't miss to see Tinerir with its Casbahs!!

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

This is, believe it or not,...

by pjallittle

This is, believe it or not, one of the largest open air markets you'll ever lay your eye's on. We have a penchant for these kinds of markets but look at this one carefully, it is enormously large.

As you move along, you begin to realize that every other person is selling what you just saw two spots back, enormous duplication. What a way to make a living.

A touristy but excellent display

by grets about Casino evening

From my journal:

'The place is very well done out with a Berber tent inside a building and a round stage with squares lit in different colours for the different acts. We literally have a ringside seat, I have to move my feet out of the way when the stage (dance floor) raises two feet for the cabaret.

The tables are very low, quite small and round, making them very difficult to eat from. First we get a salad which is quite nice as salads go, then a pastille which is chicken and almond in filo pastry sprinkled with icing sugar – absolutely excellent! Followed by a chicken and lemon tajine with olives, couscous (I didn’t like couscous in Tunisia and I don’t like it now!), little cakes and then fruit. Half a bottle of wine per person.

The acts are very good: dancers, musicians, acrobats, snake charmer and lastly a very good belly dancer. She is renowned throughout Morocco as THE best! 60 years old and she doesn’t look a day over 40! There are gaming tables in the place, but nobody uses them at all.'

LA KASBAH (Ouarzazate)
Bd. Med...

by SirRichard

LA KASBAH (Ouarzazate)
Bd. Med V, Taourirte, Ouarzazate, just in front of the Taourirt Kasbah. Tel: 044 882033. ayomofat@iam.net.ma
Nice terrace with shady tables with a wonderful view to the Kasbah and to the cinema studios in front of it.

Bahia Palace Arcs, Ceilings ...

by diageva

Arcs, ceilings, walls, windows everything is extraworked, everything is something to look for hours ... wood, marmol, azulejos, irons...

The Bahia Palace "favorite palace", is named like that for the favorite of the sultan.

The Dyers Souk (continued)

by suvanki

After a pleasant time spent learning about the dyes and 'dressing up' ;-) (see previous tip!)I tried to explain that I wanted to see the skeins of wool hanging to dry (as I'd seen on post cards/guide books)
The boy who'd shown me to this yard appeared and took me across the alley, and through a shop, which led onto a yard, where I found what I was looking for!

I was told that this was silk. The bright colours were stunning against the blue sky, a complete contrast to the drab surroundings of the yard. After taking my photos, the boy led me into a house, where I hesitantly followed him up the rickety staircase. Questioning my wiseness - where was I being taken? We arrived on the rooftop, where the boy pointed to more hanks of silk drying below. I think he was very used to 'crazy tourists' who wanted to take photos of silk hanging up to dry!!

Comments