Riad Rahba Marrakech

More about Riad Rahba Marrakech

Thinking of you in Morocco, Agadir, Marrakech

by nygaston

"Boy asking for money"

They are often asking for money in the big cities.

I got always some post cards, and I gave one, but I do not want to teach them to ask for money/

"Camel man"

He make me visited by camel the south of Agadir, the valley of Pink Flamand, the Lake of turtles, the forest of Eucalyptus.

"SG in Morocco"

My company is everywhere: Americas, Asisa, Europe and Africa.

I am everywhere too.
I am trying to follow you.

"Waterside"

Walking by the river...

"Hotel Riad Rahba, Marrakech"

AZIZA owns the hotel. I ate a good Tajine there.

The address is : rue Rahba Lakdema, numero 53.
Tel (212) 4442 7370

"PALAIS du SUD ELW IFAK"

AGADIR MARRAKECH TIZNIT

by nygaston

"TRAVEL = CAMEL"

CAMEL is the animal for desert, look at his head and his eyes are made for sand, his feet , his eyes and his nose are made for sand.

He his like a Touareg: he is friendly and quiet. he is frugal as I am.

"Water seller in Marrakech"

Man selling water in Marrakech, Market.

Water is vital for plants, animals and men. Water is a vital resource, more than petrol and oil.

Water is LIFE.

"BEST ADRESSES"

Figues, Dates, Amandes, etc...
I wanted to come here to rest and read.

I want to come back with my best friend one day.

SOME GOOD ADRESSES:
HOTEL RESTO RIAD RAHBA
53 Rahba Lakdema (near Place Djamaa El Fna)
MARRAKECH

GOOD LUNCH
LE NIL BLEU
tel 048-84-16-17
2 Tajine = 100 DH

Musical instrument makerMusical instrument maker

Tiered Seating With View, Including CamelTiered Seating With View, Including Camel

Dyers soukDyers souk

learn about the colours and dyeslearn about the colours and dyes

Womens Hamam

by Unique82

Hi, does anyone where i can find a good womens Hamam is Marrakesh?

Re: Womens Hamam

by Donna_in_India

Hi - we went to the Hammam Ziani, which was wonderful. It is for men and women but they are in separate areas. We also went to Les Bains de Marrakech, which we didn't like as much. You can check out my tips pages to get specific information about each. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/8295b/20372e/

Happy Travels!

Re: Womens Hamam

by RachelBlech

Hi there

Depends on if you want the tourist version or the real local experience. When I have taken groups to Marrakech they have enjoyed experience at Hammam Mille et Une Nuits near the Place Jemaa El Fna - approx 200dhs excluding massage. Easy to find and is advertised on free tourist maps of city etc... Alternatively, and much cheaper (no frills), go to the Hammam Semalilia... the oldest in town. It's on the Route de Casablanca just a few yards from the junction with Ave Mohamed V in Gueliz. You'll be given your black soap, shampoo and a couple of buckets to do it yourself...or one of the women who work there will scrub you down if you ask. Mostly used by Moroccans...very little English or French spoken.

Good luck

R

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Great pizza, snazzy restaurant

by BlueLlama about Les Terrasses de l'Alhambra

I hate to admit it, but Les Terrasses was my favourite of the various Djemaa el Fna places I tried. I say hate because it's Italian and I try not to eat Italian food on holiday - and I'm not in Italy, naturally. I've always thought of Italian food as the safe haven of people afraid of new tastes. But faced with yet another vegetable tagine/couscous, I cracked...

I'm glad I did. It was here that I first glimpsed a little-known: Morocco is one of the world's best places for pizza. Really. There's great pizza everywhere here. And Les Terrasses is a good example of pizza excellence. The menu is mainly pizzas and pasta dishes, and its the pizza that are particularly good. I went for the aubergine one twice and loved the fluffy, crispy on the bottom base. Because the aubergine was minced, the topping was satisfyingly meaty and rich.

The restaurant is plusher than a lot of the other places on the square, but still good value for money, making it perfect for evening. It's decorated with wrought iron and dark red hues which sets the tone for watching the goings-on in the square below as the sun sets. The intimate atmosphere is appealing to couples in particular. Go early for the best view: the restaurant fills quickly.

Desert trip 4.

by Andihar

We spent an hour and a half on the camels, battling the growing dusk, before we arrived at our Berber camp, where would spend the night. The camp had seen plenty of tourists before us, and will certainly see plenty after us, but we liked the notion of staying in a tent out on the dunes, regardless of the tourist factor. Berber tents - at least the ones we stayed in - are structures with a wood skeleton and rugs pinned together to form a ceiling, a floor and walls. Waiting for dinner, we sat on the carpeted floor in a large communal tent, chatting with fellow tourists and our guides, and experimenting with a set of drums. Our efforts there were unavailing. Meanwhile, an attention deprived and ADD-inflicted cat of the camp bounced from one lap to another, meowing forcefully with demands to be petted.

Dinner arrived, and we were instructed to gather together in groups of four to eat Berber-style - with our hands. A large tajine of meat, carrots, onions, zucchini and potatoes was set before us, along with pieces of flat bread, with which we were instructed to sop up the tajine's juices and grab hunks of meat and veg. While the tajine was the best we'd ever tasted, we were nonetheless amused by the method of eating and basically cleaned the plate. Later we had tasty tangerines and sweetened tea for dessert.

La Mamounia - Bar Soleil

by suvanki

I was ready for a drink and sit down, so headed for the Bar Soleil cafe. Seating in or outside.

Tables and chairs on the outside patio were occupied, mainly with tourists enjoying the warm afternoon sun.

I ordered a mint tea and pastries (see my restaurant tip for more details of Bar Soleil and La Mamounia) and sat enjoying the quiet buzz of chatter from the adjoining tables, and the birds chirping as they hopped between tables.

A pleasant place to 'recharge your batteries'!

Beyond the patio, I found the swimming pool, it was too cold to swim, but an army of staff in smart uniforms were tidying and cleaning the already immaculate poolside.

Comments