Riad Rose des Sables

More about Marrakesh

On a street in GuelizOn a street in Gueliz

Bahia PalaceBahia Palace

Djemma el Fna at nightDjemma el Fna at night

Place Jemaa El-Fna (Marrakesh, Morocco)Place Jemaa El-Fna (Marrakesh, Morocco)

Weather & clothing

by ninasophia

Hi, I'll be in Marrakech during 26-29 January - can anyone guess what the weather will be like and also - what should I wear to suit both the the climate and the culture? Sorry for sucha boring question but it's my first time in Marrakech.

RE: RE: Weather & clothing

by shelteringsky

Let me tell you what I'm wearing at the moment.Thermal vest,long jumper or sweater if you're american,cardigan,thermal soxs,knee high boots and wool skirt.When I go out I put on a fur lined jacket.At night I have electric blanket on,2 duvets and the thermostat heating on all night.It's not a boring question as being cold is no joke especially when youre away from home comforts.I suggest you bring a hot water bottle if your hotel isnt heated.Better to be overdressed than freezing your butt off,you can always peel off layers of clothing to suit the time of day.Conversly,bring a T shirt and shorts for a quick few hours at lunch time sunbathing but beware of that cold wind,it can give you a nasty chill.

RE: Weather & clothing

by Couscoushmm

Click Here

RE: Weather & clothing

by tabsout

hello , 1st , u are welcome in our country , as an answer of ur question i want to tell u dont worry about the weather , is not a big problem , it will be cool during the day but it may be cold at night ,and u should know that u will be free here so , u can wear how and what u wanna
so contcat me , i will explain u more about that , because a text message is not enough i think

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Packing List for Marrakech

by sue_stone

Make sure you have enough room in your bag to fit all of those slippers that you will buy in the souqs ; ) We visited Marrakech in the winter. The weather was quite mild during the day, though I still needed to wear a jumper. As soon as the sun set it got cold, and at night I was wearing a jacket, scarf and gloves whilst enjoying the crazy atmosphere of Djemaa el-Fna.

Make sure you bring some comfortable shoes, as you will find you spend your days exploring Marrakech by foot, and many of the lanes and pavements are cobbled and uneven.

I found sunglasses were a must, even in winter. They were particularly good at helping you avoid making eye contact with people trying to sell you something and helped me to easier 'ignore' people trying to harass me.

If you are planning to visit a public hamman (bath house) you will need to bring some plastic thongs/flip flops (or whatever you call them in your country), along with a plastic sheet (or large plastic bag), your swimming costume and a towel. Ear plugs are a must unless you want to be woken up once or twice a night when the calls to prayer waft out across the city (that said, even with ear plugs it still woke me it was so loud!)

After hearing a friends horror story about her Riad that didn't supply toilet paper, I took a roll along just in case. We were given toilet paper, just not enough, so my spare roll did come in handy during our stay.

Also, take some soap with you, as this may not be provided where you are staying....it wasn't provided at our 'upmarket' Riad. As Morocco is a mostly Muslim country alcohol is scarce. If you like the idea of relaxing with a nice glass of wine or a G&T after a crazy day of souq shopping, then best idea is to pick up some duty free alcohol to drink during your stay. Alison wisely bought a bottle of wine with a twist top cap, so no bottle opener was required.

CTM bus to Agadir

by earthflyer

CTM have 9 buses departing for Agadir.

Journey time 4 hours.

Tickets are around 80 dirhams plus 5 dirhams for luggage.

All buses depart from the CTM Bus Station not the Main Bus Station.

CTM BUS STATION
Address: Station Road CTM, Rue Abou Baker Seddik-Marrakech.
Phone: 05 24 44 74 20.
Opening hours: 24/24.
Services Offered: Ticketing - Boarding-Drinks.

Please use prices as a rough guide only.

Drink the Orange Juice.

by sunlovey

OK, so the guy simply rinses your glass and returns it to the clean pile. It's OK. Orange juice is very acidic -and- you can drink it through a straw (I told myself these things because I could not resist drinking this fresh-squeezed deliciousness every single day).

Watch these cheerful Marrakeshis squeeze succulent oranges right before your eyes and pour the yummy juice into a nice glass for your enjoyment. The cost is insanely minimal and the taste of this orange juice is to die for, and I come from Florida! Many of these carts also sell grapefruit juice if you prefer.

Their carts are charming and you'll find several of them every single day in the middle of Djemma el Fna

Kasbah

by sue_stone

If you head south of Djemaa el-Fna you will come to the Kasbah district of the Medina. Located close to the old city walls and the impressive Bab Agnaou, the Kasbah is home to dozens of storks who nests on its rooftops and minarets.

Here you will see the Kasbah Mosque and Minaret, which date back to the 12th century. The tall minaret, like the Koutoubia minaret, is topped with 3 gold balls that were rumoured to originally have been made from pure gold. The upper part of the attractive minaret is decorated with green and white tiles. The mosque is closed to non-muslims.

Just next door to the mosque, set back from the street, are the Saadian Tombs. These are well worth a visit, and I have written a separate tip on them.

We took a really interesting walk through the narrow back lanes of the Kasbah and eventually found ourselves in the Mellah district.

marrakech 2001

by frenchlondon

"Confusing city!"

Marrakesh is far from being my favorite in the world, nor it is is my favorite city in Morocco.

However it is different from what you have ever seen before.

People found this place charming and beautiful. I personnaly dont see the beauty at all here.

But it is worth a visit.

Comments