Riad Tizwa

Booking.com eDreams

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Singles Historical Travel
See Amenities

Best Service in Marrakech!

by written on December 29, 2010

On arrival at Riad Tizwa we were immediately made to feel at home with some gorgeous mint tea, and shown to our rooms. We asked for a recommendation for somewhere to go for dinner in and within 20 mins a table had been booked for us and we were clutching a map showing us exactly where to go - complete with hand written instructions. The restaurant was excellent and we followed Hassan's recommendations for the rest of our stay. He also recommended a hammam for us, showing us several options online and again, booking for us once we'd picked one.

On our last day we decided to eat at the riad and I can't rave enough about the meal that was prepared for us. We sat up on the roof terrace (where we'd been sunbathing all day!) and had rose petals scattered on the table before the food was served - very romantic indeed! I've been to Morocco before, and eaten my fair share of tagine, and I can safely say it was The Best Tagine Ever. The beef just fell off the bone and the prune and nut combo is definitely something I'll be trying at home!

We were really sad to leave (albeit with their gorgeous local toiletries stuffed in our suitcases!) and we'll definitely be back soon. I can't recommend it highly enough. Just go!

Marrakech's best riad

by written on May 25, 2007

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in Feb 2007 and loved it!

It is really chilled out and fantastic. We drove from Holland through central europe, spain then got the ferry from Tarifa to Tangir. A great trip to Fes then on to marrakech.

We stayed at Riad Tizwa as friends recommended it... it was lovely and very comfortable. When we were there there were french, spanish and italian guests - which was great as we were all looking for the same thing: tranquility in the house and the excitment of marrakech and the Souk. Great food (cooked by the chef), beautiful touches (like hand made soap) and presonal service from all of the staff (the speak good english)....

Marrakech was just great and we would recommed theis place.

Unique Quality: Great food. Personal Service, Wifi, lovely roof terrace and great breakfasts

Directions: look at their web site www.riadtizwa.com

My Favorite Marakeshi Riad

by written on May 20, 2007

I stayed at the Riad Tizwa on three occasions and each time was as wonderful as the last.

Marrakesh is quite overwhelming, and exciting and Riad Tizwa provides the perfect oasis after a long day at the souks.

The rooms are beautifully designed and very comfortable. The little touches like the robes, slippers and rose soap, are little gems that brighten your stay. Each room also had an excellent written out guide with tips on what you need to know in terms of currency, post offices etc.

The staff is very helpful and accommodating. They provided everything from fabulous, fresh, home cooked meals (better than at any restaurant)to assistance in organizing day trips. I was truly impressed with the freshness and quality of the food.

Another little gem at Tizwa is the in house Hammam! It's really a luxury to have the full Moroccan bath treatment including massage and be only feet away from your bed or a good meal.

I can't wait until I go back, have a glass of wine on the terrace and eat their amazing food. I've been telling all my friends about it!

Unique Quality: -In House Hammam
-Wireless Internet
-Roof top Terrace
-Home made food (yogurt, museli, amazing!)
-Lush robes and slippers in room
-Delightful Staff

Directions: Near Dar el Basha and the Medina

Great Riad in the heart of Marrakech

by written on April 15, 2007

We had firstly thought that we should stay in a normal modern hotel in the new bit of marrakech - as we felt that the culture shock of north africa would be too much - but a friend recommended this place which is more like a private home.

Basically the old town of marrakech is full of hustle and bustle and can be a bit overwhelming so thank goodness for this tranquil zone. The house is really chilled out and laid back with staff .etc. The rooms were beautiful, and the dressing gowns lovely and the food the best moroccan we ate. Good touches in the house with roses an petals - only one problem was it not having a heated pool.

We feel as if we have now seen a better side of morocco rather that doing the hotel thing.

Would Recommend highly

Unique Quality: The service was laid back and comfortable and it felt like a top class house rather than a impersonal hotel. Lovely rooms, great towels and gowns, hand made soap and beautiful smells.

Directions: 10 minutes walk from the main square Jemma el Fna. in a good part of town next to the Bacha Palace> BUT EASY TO FIND in comparrison to the other place we stayed

Nearby Riad Tizwa

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Free High Speed Internet

Marrakesh Travel Forum

Need advice about Marrakesh, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Marrakesh and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marrakesh hotel reviews