Riad Zenithya

Derb Sidi Messaoud No89, Bab Doukala, Marrakech, 40000, Morocco
AMOMA.com

More about Marrakesh

Chris at dinnerChris at dinner

Majorelle GardensMajorelle Gardens

catch a Caleche here at Place Foucould,Djma Elfnacatch a Caleche here at Place Foucould,Djma Elfna

Ben Salah Mosque MinaretBen Salah Mosque Minaret

Marrakech - Pampering Day Suggestions i.e massage, baths etc

by joethejock

Hi,

I am taking my girlfriend to Marrakech in 2 weeks for our Joint 30th Birthday. Our hotel does not have a spa and I am looking for suggestions for a day out being pampered at a spa with massages, steam baths etc. Someone has suggested Le Bains de marrakech as an option but would like to hear other suggestions.

Essentialy any reccomendatiosn for the nicest romantic day out on someones birthday in Marrakech. Any suggestions appreciated!

thanks

by Jujux

If you have some money to spend, go to the "Mamounia"
You may need a suit but you might see some Stars....

by 43beckos

The Bains De Marrakech is very good and you can pre book your treatments via their website, and they have some nice "coupley" things on their list.

by 43beckos

If you are looking for a nice restaurant for the evening, try the La Fassia food and surroundings are fantastic.

Details on my Marrakech pages

by shelteringsky

Le Bains de marrakesh is fab.The Mamounia is shut for restoration.Restaurants,the Comptoir is lovely with some of the most beautiful and non louche belly dancers.The Rotunda is to be seen to be believed,Cafe Arab is nice and intimate,Lur une Erdoise is elegant and french .the Yacout is the most famous restaurant in marrakesh for good reason,stunning.The Narwama is gorgeous.And the Marrakshi,although not the best for food has stunning views of the Djema el fna at night.All licenced.And a carriage ride back to your hotel after stroll in the square.

RE: RE: Marrakech - Pampering Day Suggestions i.e massage, baths etc

by joethejock

many thanks for the comments on this topic, that has been a great help and has given me some food for thought! I am defo going to book Les Bains Marrakech, and based on your comments am going to start investigating the restaurants..time for another thread I think.

thanks again.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Maison Tiskiwin

by barryg23

An often overlooked sight in the medina, near the Dar si Said museum, is Maison Tiskiwin, a beautiful Marrakech townhouse with displays on the culture and history of people who inhabit the Sahara.

The exhibits are in French and Arabic and the guidebook we were given was also in French but we were able to understand enough of it to make the visit worthwhile. The museum’s exhibits are a diverse collection of artefacts, ornaments and clothes and jewellery. Each room features displays and exhibits from different parts of the Sahara.

There was a friendly guy running the place who, when he found out I was Irish, told me he liked Chris de Burgh and Riverdance! The museum is at 8 rue de la Bahia, off rue Riad Zitoun el Djedid on the way to Dar si Said, and it cost us 15 Dh each to visit.

Train to Meknes

by earthflyer

There are 8 trains departing for Meknes.

Journey time 7 hours.

Tickets are around 154 dirhams in 2nd Class.

It's worth it to pay abit more and go 1st. still very cheap.

Please use prices as a rough guide only.

Jamee el Fna

by marimar_72

It is an opened area,filled with shops,restaurants and cafes.
while walking in this enchanted place you would see lots of preformers,doing magic tricks.you will have the chance to see monkeys doing all kind of funny tricks.and you will have the chance to have a Henna tattoo!

At al Fina area,I thought of myself being a celebrity with all thoses people taking pictures of it from top of houses and from balconeys of small hotels.(I wasn`t a VT member then,and I didnt know why do people actually take pictures of other people or places ;-)

There are many cafes surrounding the area,so you can enjoy drinking green mint tea and watching people!

Explosion of colours

by sachara

My first time in Marrakech in 1975 I visited the Majorelle Garden, going there by calèche from the Djemaa el Fna. The memory I had of the garden was the abundant green of bamboo, palmtrees and other tropical trees and plants after coming to Marrkech from my dusty trip in the desert.

After I saw the colourful pictures of the nowadays gardens, I wanted to come back and so I did in 2007. It was a rather short walk from my hotel nearby in the Ville Nouvelle. The explosion of colours I encountered in the garden was more than I ever expected. The purple of the bougainvillaea in combination with the deep blue colour of the villa and the other bright colours like yellow and turquoise were beyond any imagination.

I learned that after my first visit Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé, admiring the Majorelle garden, repurchased the garden, founded the Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent Trust for restoration and maintenance of this important inheritance of Jaques Majorelle, the original designer of the gardens.

mel_bee's new Marrakesh Page

by mel_bee

When I first arrived in Morocco I thought I would only stay in the North and never make it anywhere in South of the country but on an impulse we decided to jump on an overnight train from Fes via Casablanca (several hours stopover at 2 in the morning surrounded by drunken army soldiers - not recommendable)and spend a day in Marrakesh before taking the night train back to Tangier. If you have read the book Hideous Kinky (not the film it's not as good) then maybe you already have an idea of how magical and fascinating this place is, otherwise you really should go and see for yourself...

Comments