Villa Dar'abesque

Good For No Data

More about Marrakesh

Musician at the Palais SoleimanMusician at the Palais Soleiman

our nice terrace :-(our nice terrace :-(

local bread or sandwiches for salelocal bread or sandwiches for sale

Riad (Marrakesh, Morocco)Riad (Marrakesh, Morocco)

Best area to stay in Marrekesh

by salema

Hey All!!

Im coming to Marrekesh in Feb 07 for a few days and was wondering where I should stay, im terrible with my bearings so somewhere central would be fab and walking distance/close by to the sights wud be great too!!

Thanks a million!!

salema

RE: Best area to stay in Marrekesh

by robine

Having stayed recently at a riad in the medina, I think I'd recommend one of the big hotels in the new city, in order to reduce the hassle. Bon voyage!

Ryad in Marrakesh

by johnsakura

The best area to stay in Marrakesh is in the old medina. there are these private houses called Riads that you shoul try to contact and try to see what they have. you have different prices. if you want to know more about riads you should try this website at www.31best-riad-marrakesh.com... as I has a wide variety of riads, wide price range and lots of photos. enjoy.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

Palmeraie Golf Club

by khalid_2

This 18 hole course, located in a lush oasis 15 minutes north of Marrakesh, was designed by Robert Trent Jones. It has views of the majestic Atlas mountains and a horizon dotted with white medinas. The American-style course runs through a valley and there are thousands of palm trees and 7 lakes as well as numerous sand hazards to contend with. The ochre walls of the Moorish-style clubhouse forms a striking centrepiece to the course design.

Rated number 9 in Morocco by Golf Digest (USA), April 2005 18 holes, par 72,6214 metres

Pro Shop, Restaurant, Bar; Club rental, buggies, caddies; Driving range, putting green, chipping green, lessons.

Cost of round, 550DH

CTM bus to Casablanca

by earthflyer

CTM have 3 buses departing for Casablanca.

Journey time 4 hours.

Tickets are around 80 dirhams plus 5 dirhams for luggage.

All buses depart from the CTM Bus Station not the Main Bus Station.

CTM BUS STATION
Address: Station Road CTM, Rue Abou Baker Seddik-Marrakech.
Phone: 05 24 44 74 20.
Opening hours: 24/24.
Services Offered: Ticketing - Boarding-Drinks.

Please use prices as a rough guide only.

Bahia Palace

by travelmad478

The Bahia Palace, built in the late 19th century, is a superb example of Moroccan-Islamic architecture. The layout of the complex, with its courtyards and mazes of rooms, is typical of the style. The palace has been well restored and maintained, and its gorgeous tiles and carvings are quite impressive.

Maison Tiskiwin

by suvanki

This small quirky museum is quite pleasant to wander around.

It is the home of a Dutch ex-pat called Bert Flint. (I'm not sure if he is the man in the doorway in the photo below)
This old house is still under reconstruction, you can wander around the rooms accompanied by the sound of hammering and drilling!

Various rooms have exhibits of Berber clothing and jewellery, carpets and other household objects.
I wandered around accompanied by a cat! (A different type of faux guide!) - see photos below.

The house itself is worth looking at for its examples of Islamic architecture and decoration.

Open 09.30 -12.30 15.30 -1800 hrs daily.

I think I paid 15dh

Marrakech

by sachara

"still enchanting after 25 years"

Marrakesh is the most amazing and exotic town I visited in Morocco. My first visit to Marrakesh was in 1975. I loved to stroll in the souqs. And many times a day I walked from our nearby hotel to the Djemaa el-Fna, to experience the spectacle of musicians, snake charmers, acrobats and streetvendors. I had really the feeling to be in another continent. So this must show me, how Africa could be.... The small boys, who offered to be my guide, knew me after two times and didn't bother me anymore, just said hello.

In 2000 after 25 year I came back to Marrakesh. I was happy to find the same enchanting atmosphere in the medina, the souqs and the Djemaa el -Fna. What has changed was the part of Marrakesh outside the old city.
In my memory of 1975 I had images of a lot of camels on dusty roads, only some paved roads with caleches. No cars or only a few. Now in 2000 I saw modern avenues with a traffic jam, caused by many cars. And everywhere a lot of modern shops, hotels and other buildings.

The next time I didnt wait 25 years, but I came back in 2007. This time I stayed several days with enough time to stroll around in the medina and the souqs and to visit some known places and to discover lots of new places. In 2008 I visited Marrakech shortly. In 2009 I came back for 5 days together with 8 virtual tourist friends.

In 1975 I was at a very special moment in Marrakesh. The green march of King Hassan in November 1975 by 350.000 Moroccans, who walked over the border of Western Sahara to claim the region. In Marrakesh I saw thousands of people, young, old, traditional, modern, men, women walking in the streets from the north to the south, passing our hotel. At that moment nobody could explain us what happened and we didn't understand the banners and the yells. The only thing we felt, that it was a very impressive event. And an important historical one turned out later.

In 1975 my camera broke down. So all the pictures on this page are made during my visits in 2000 and later.

Comments