Villas Bougainvilliers

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Marrakesh

Abdel Hadi wearing his many masks.Abdel Hadi wearing his many masks.

A dentist is showing an exotic kind of a "CV".A dentist is showing an exotic kind of a "CV".

at the airport with beautiful Atlas mtns behind!at the airport with beautiful Atlas mtns behind!

close up of the carved cedar awningclose up of the carved cedar awning

Furnishing a villa / need help-guide-translator

by Applesink

Hello,
Will be in Marrakech end Oct., the main purpose being to check on villa construction and purchase furniture, carpets, etc.

We are looking for good quality Moroccan furniture and other equipment to furnish a 4-bed villa and would appreciate any help or suggestions with this; may even consider employing the services of a guide-translator-negotiator to help negotiate purchases while there.

Please note that this will be my third trip to Marraech and so already have some sense of what's available and at what price.

Best wishes,

Eamon.

RE: Furnishing a villa / need help-guide-translator

by amrdoul

Hello Eamon,

First of all as a Moroccan , I would like to welcome you to my beautiful country ; you have well chosen your destination especially the pink city.
I live in Marrakech , I am B.A. degree holder , I work as travel agent , if you need my services as guide translator to help negociate puchases , you can contact me on richard_ouarg@yahoo.com I will do my best so as to help you.

Best regards

RE: Furnishing a villa / need help-guide-translator

by iffoulki

First i would lioke to welcome you in Morocco .
my name is Rachid and i am an official guide.i am happy to give you more information about my country and especially about marrakech in which i was born.of course my job enabled me to know the right place from the wrong place. you will be introduced to the actual life of the artisans and you can buy from them diredtly. and my job is to give the keys of how to bargain and how to get the best price...
please have a look at my website ,which is still underconstruction : www.yallamarrakech.com i cannot speak about morocco in one paragraph...
so please if you are interested in my services ,contact me in this e-mail :
iffoulki@yahoo.com
your ordinary visit will be turned into a memorable one.

RE: RE: Furnishing a villa / need help-guide-translator

by Applesink

Thank you for the reply, and apologies for my late response. I thought I would be notified of your reply by the website but this didn't happen and only checked the site again today. I may be in contact soon.
Thanks,
Eamon.

RE: RE: Furnishing a villa / need help-guide-translator

by doofus

I wouldn't put too much trust in that web site. Most of the links don't work, no description of the tours, and worse still they seem to have forgotten to put prices on the site. Surprise, surprise!

If you guys are going to advertise your services on this site then at least have the decency to act with some integrity. It would benefit you in the long run.

Travel Tips for Marrakesh

A Berber village

by Minstrelette

Visit a Berber village, not too far from Marrakesh. You will meet friendly people who will invite you into their home for tea (delicious tea). There will be people asking you to buy their goods, but there is not as much pressure as in the city. It's a nice relaxing visit after being in the Marrakesh markets.

Chez Ali Disappointment

by JoyDoc about Chez Ali

Chez Ali Is touted as a "must see spectacular". The compound holds great promise when you first arrive. The building and tents and folk groups in costume are visually exciting and beautiful. We sat down at our table with 6 people from other countries. The food arrived, and yes it was plentiful and heaping but of the poorest quality. A man from London described the lamb as tough old mutton! He was not joking. Everything was served family style and even though the cous cous was piled high it was dry and flavorless. I got one minute piece of vegetable by the time everybody had dug in. I did enjoy the soup. Most people at our table left a good part of the meal uneaten. No one said anything, we just looked at each other knowingly.
The restaurant created a big production on fancy trays, but it was very disappointing. The dessert was suppose to be a bastilla, but it was unedible. I am a great fan of Moroccan food, but this meal fell flat. I would have rather have gone to a nice restaurant without all the touristy hoopla.
When the folk groups came to our table singing one group at a time, each trying to get us up from the table to tip them for taking pictures, everyone at the table quickly learned to ignore them, because there were probably 12-15 groups. So we politely smiled and clapped.
The show at the end was fun but it was not spectacular. The belly dancer was very good, and the magic carpet ride was clever, but the horses made the arena air extremely dusty and on our end of the arena was where the galloping horses came to a screeching halt which produced a tornado of dust that enveloped us.
It was an experience, and it would just depend if you like touristy things or not. The Harira soup was very good.

Watch the tricks

by jayjayc

Snakes and monkeys are all over the places. In open areas you'll see locals with these animals they use for a living.

Be warned: even if you don't ask one to play a trick for you, but you took some stills, that's where you'll start paying.. mine were taken no one of them noticed of. haha!

Place Djemaa F'na

by diageva

Unesco have declare this square as patrimonio de la humnidad, for the oral comunication.
At day you will see many umbrellas at the floor .. where you will find a man that will read you the future and a big restaurant and all kind of circus artists at night ..

mariquita's new Marrakesh Page

by mariquita

This is one of the worst places I have ever been to. People are really unfriendly and constantly harcelling the tourists. I had read a lot of wonderful things about it, that I was totally disappointed when I was there. In my opinion it is a very overrated place.

Comments