Ouirgane Hotels

Our Members Say

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1668

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambarak Aicha's gite and pension: stay a place owned by a local family

Didnt stay here but had tea with Aicha and her family that own it and live just across the path - was shown inside to see the rooms and layout.

There are 2 rooms that can be rented for 200 or 250 dirham a night or the place could rented as a whole of course with double beds and table in each.

There is also a salon that can be used as a communal lounge.

One very clean and modernised bathroom.

Decorated with colour adn character throughout and very clean looking.

Could park your car nearby with a few minutes walk only from the gite.

Meals can be provided or provide your own - there is a kitchen that can be used to cook with

they gave me their business card but can no longer read the phone number on it - I would suggest that if you wanted to stay here you could phone the Hotel Sanglier and ask whoever is working on reception can help with contact information.

Rachid who works at Hotel Sanglier also has a gite available - meals and guided tours can be provided, along with cooking classes if wanted.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Women's Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written September 4, 2010
Tip Photo

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1668

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Sanglier: character out amongst the trees

This place is expensive during peak season ie summer and is usuallly booked up in advance by regular tour groups during these times anyway - but worth staying at if you can - theres a few other options here though such as a couple of other hotels in competition but also some gites - and Rachid who works here also has a family gite that he told me about - so you could always phone here to the Sanglier and ask to speak to Rachid to see what else is available if the Sanglier is full.

Cold during the night - I stayed in early February as I was doing a driving trip to see Almond blossoms and thats when theyre at their peak around here and down over the other side of the Atlas mountains down at Tafraoute - but each room has an open fire and on arrival one was started up for me.

Not a lot of heat comes out into the room really - as we are always taught in NZ if trying to conserve resources for heating open fires are not efficient as most of the heat goes up the chimney!! so double burners ie the ones with glass doors etc are more or most efficient - this is what I would install if I ran this hotel! but for atmosphere it was great - and an electric heater was also thankfully provided!!

The rooms are painted and decorated with traditional art on the door panels and in bold colour such as blue and red. The next morning with daylight was able to see and appreciate the settting we were in better - hotel rooms laid out amongst and the trees and vines, though being early spring or late winter much was still bare but bouganvillea was in bloom and some other flowers and greeenery so it was nice really .

I also chose to stay here because they told me they had internet connection with wifi in the rooms - I couldnt connect in my room though, sometimes intermittently I did the next day, but otherwise had to use my laptop in the main building. Rachid who was looking after reception was very helpful and accommodating with this even though I was up til quite late using the internet.

Breakfast the next morning was included and was quite okay - and I could have ordered dinner the night before and have that included in a half board price.

Lovely out in a village with a real out in the country feel - the Atlas mountains in the distance, trees and peace and quiet. Wifi connection and swimming pool in the summer.

Guardian security during the night - who also lit a fire in my room for me - and large parking area in the hotel grounds - surrounded by nicely designed gardens and vines and so on over the walkways.

good to walk around the berber village next door
mountain bike hire and horse riding apparently can be arranged

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average