19, AV Mohamed V, Meknes, Morocco
Based on 145 reviews
maykal's Profile Photo

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 23, 2011

After a few nights in a budget hotel in Fes, I decided to treat myself to something of an upgrade. It was nearing the end of the trip anyway, so I thought to hell with counting the dirhams, and checked into the Hotel Majestic on Mohamed V Avenue, the main street in Meknes' Ville Nouvelle. The friendly receptionist showed me to a single room at the back of the building, with a view of the train station and a large en suite bathroom, complete with bath which proved useful as I needed to do some laundry!

My single room cost me 271 dirhams, which included breakfast in the ground floor restaurant.

Unique Quality: The hotel occupies a 1930s building, and has a plaque by the front door to show off its status as an art Deco building. Inside, rooms are arranged around a central courtyard on the first floor, and on the top floor there is a terrace with a "bar" which doesn't look as if it has opened for some time...still, the views over the new town are worth the climb up the striking staircase.

Directions: Very handy for the Gare el Amir Abdelkader which is just around the corner. Av Mohamed V is the main street in the Ville Nouvelle, about half an hour walk from the medina.

• Majestic Hotel Meknes

Address: 19, AV Mohamed V, Meknes, Morocco

5 Photos of Hotel Majestic

Meknes Travel Forum

Need advice about Meknes, Morocco? Visit the Travel Forum for Meknes and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Meknes hotel reviews