Praia do Tofo Hotels
Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 3405
FATIMAS NEST: BACKPACKING AND BEER ON THE BEACH
Fatimas Nest is run by the same nice people who run Fatimas Backpackers in Maputo. It is a nice compound of mixed building that has a commanding view of the whole beach. You can have a great sleep in one of their hammocks overlooking the ocean, sit in their nice outside bar or go for a stroll day or night along the beach. They have accommodation options for everyone: Pre-erected Maru-tents, Private Bungalows, Bungalows dorms built on the sand dunes, and a fully equipped campsite with a lapa and a braai area. All their accommodation options come with mosquito nets. They also have a good restaurant or shared cooking and refrigerator facilities. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
• Internet café nearby
• Buffet diner
• Free pickups from town
• The best views of the beach
• 24 hour security/car parking
• Swings and hammocks right on top of the sand dunes
- Reviews: 3405
NORDIN'S LODGE: FAMILY RESORT ON THE BEACH
As you enter the compound you just feel relaxed. The breeze sways through the palm trees as you go down the sandy lane that runs the length of the bungalows. They are right on the beach and offer great views without all the hustle of nearby backpacker hostels. The thatched 'Chalets' come in 2 and 4 person versions with bathroom. The rooms are modest and clean with comfortable beds and large mosquito nets and ceiling fans. The bathroom is Spartan, but has a great shower and plenty of hot water. The only noise you will hear is the tide.
Just outside your door are fridges and chest freezers you can use to make your own ice. Just plug them in! This is a family run establishment and human security is supplemented with friendly dogs. All of the hotels, restaurants and bars in Tofo are a short, relaxing and beautiful walk away. This is at the start of the wide area of the beach that goes on for about 2 miles.
Please note: You will pay $40 for 2 people if you only stay 1 night. The nice owner will not negotiate, even though they are never full. If you stay more than 1 night, I am sure the price will come down.
You can pay them $1 for self-catering facilities or have your own barbeque on the beach. In the morning a man comes and washes your car (just tip him). You will leave here refreshed and relaxed, especially if you drove here.
- Reviews: 1039
Barra Beach lodge: Classy chalet!
The Barra beach lodge just along from tofo beach is a great resort right on the beach. Be warned , to get there you will need a 4x4 as the road is very sandy and we got our bus stuck and had to be towed out!
The resort itself has many different kinds of accomodation, we got a 6 berth chalet for $50/pppn but it was superb with a great view of the beach and a great veranda to chill out on. The resort has a restaurant and a brilliant beach bar which is busy most nights. Theres a volleyball court on the beach. The resort organise many trips - diving, snorkelling, whale shark viewing. Its a great place to chill out for a few days.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Hotel Reservations
- Find the cheapest rates for hotels Biggest offer of hotels worldwide www.hotelium.com/
- Pemba Real Estate
- Property Projects in Cabo Delgado Housing, Office and Industrial area www.pembaland.com/
- Mozambique Accommodation
- DIRECT links to Moz Accommodation providers - All over Mozambique www.mozambicanhotels.com/
Explore the World
- GuestHouse International Inn & Suites
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa
- Premier Residence Sathorn Suanplu
- Mozambique Hotels
- Mozambique Find Lower Hotel Rates Instantly! www.hotelscombined.com/Mozambique
- Overland Africa SPECIALS
- Over 200 Africa Overland Tours EXPERT Help, NO Service Fees www.africanoverlandtours.com/
- hotel reservations
- Over 100.000 hotels Worldwide. Lowest price guarantee! www.booking.com/Hotels
- Eco Lodge Mozambique
- Paradise between Indian Ocean and our private lagune www.dunesdedovela.com/
- Hotels in Mozambique
- Book the Finest Mozambique Hotels with Us. Easy, Secure & Great Rates www.south-african-hotels.com/Mozambique