Mocambique Hotels

Our Members Say

• unhappyguest profile photo unhappyguest
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Barra Lodge Resorts: Barra Lodge: Do not stay here!

Chose another hotel! Me and my four friends went down to Inhambane to explore the Mozambiqian coast. We were sorely disappointed with our stay at Barra Lodge which was one of the most reputable places in Inhambane.

Hotel Accommodations: Over-priced and run-down
Barra Lodge has definitely seen better days and in need of a major face-lift. For example our shower was black with stains and our linens smelled like old sweat.

Activities: Not so bad
What the lodge does well is offer a variety of activities that make great use of the landscape. I would not say that they are well organized, after paying about $400 USD to rent a catamaran for a day, we were forced to wait for an hour on the dock when they just discovered something on the boat was broken.

Location: Good
Barra’s greatest asset (along with the other hotels on the same strip) is its location. The beaches are amazingly beautiful and have yet to be affected by the mass commercialization of tourist attractions. This is probably the only reason to stay at Barra.

Customer Service: Awful
The worst thing about Barra Lodge is the way they treat their customers. From the moment we made our reservation (our reservation was re-faxed two times because of booking errors from the main office) to the treatment I received after I had my belongings were stolen, it was apparent that client care is a low priority.

My camera and wallet were stolen by a staff member and management was not only unresponsive to my situation but was condescending to me as well.

Do NOT stay here and if you should do NOT let your belongings out of your sight! Barra Lodge still has a thief working for them!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average