Welcome Centre Hotel

70 International Airport Road, Ikeja, Lagos, PMB 4147, Nigeria
Welcome Centre Hotels
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Lagos

its worth itits worth it

Lagos, Nigeria during HarmattanLagos, Nigeria during Harmattan

Lagos IslandLagos Island

Miss NigeriaMiss Nigeria

I am curious about this statement regarding nightlife

by 240robert

No special requirements are observed here. In fact, what most of the girls who frequent these places were would make your hair stand attention.

Can somebody shed some light on this??? Is it not advisable to go to a bar in Lagos?
Thanks!

by pfsmalo

Probably means that most of the girls were MEN!!!!!Not advisable to go to a bar ?Only you can make that choice but I was in Lagos in 1975 and the safest places, even then were the bars in the hotels.

by juliogg

I just returned from Lagos and do agree with previous post about staying in Hotel bar. We took a drive around at night to some of the "hot spots" but they did look amonis. At least enough to deter us from entering.

by Zarasher

IT depends on if you have a local showing you about or not... It also depends on your gender as well as race. If you are a white man over 40 they will think you have oil money and the harassment will be too much. If you are a woman you will want a man as your escort and if you are a black man you will be alright!

Travel Tips for Lagos

Lagos Tip

by sandysmith

Meeting with TB Joshua's wife (middle of pic)- a lovely lady. All visitors have a personal visit with the prophet too - Dave and I were summoned back for a second visit with him.. We wondered what for but apparently he had see the Virtual Tourist page I had done for Lagos from my first visit and he wanted to thank us for it - it transpired it was one of the first hits when doing an internet search for info on the church!

My cultural is one of the...

by NneNna

My cultural is one of the most interested culture you like to see in your life.We have our cultural season by season , time by time.

(1) We have Tradional cultural like festival
(2) We have Treditional cultural season for Farming and all the rest of them

Ask before you shoot!

by AC1

A digital camera will come in very handy in Lagos. Typical SLR camera will also do the job except that developing the phtotos is not recommended locally. Conventional photo shop is not easily accessable. Quality is poor too.

Cautions: Before you take a shot, make sure you have asked for consensus from the owner/local otherwise they can get really offended.

Lagos Tip

by sandysmith

This is a picture of Matthew a photo-journalist and his wife being interviewed by one of the Americans. I saw Matthew 2 days prior to this. He had beeb driven to the synagogue church by his wife as he could not walk due to a spinal injury and high blood pressure. His wife cried out in desperation for his healing...her cry was heard and answered and we were able to join in with their joy at their testimony too.

eko

by joyxyz

"my place of birth"

lagos, the city of fun for everyone. a bit on the rough side, but i just love it, can't do without lag. i was born here, and so were my kids.
i just love the hustlng. people are in search of their daily bread, everyone here wants to survive.
we are improving, it's just hard work. lagos nowhas loads of malls, cinemas, out door fun, like funtopia, fantasy land, silverbird cinema and now the famous palms shopping mall, a mecca of sorts for everyone in Nigeria. it's huge with a capacity to park at least a 1000 cars, just like sainsbury.
please, tourists, let lagos, nigeria be ur one stop place, it's lovely. try it, u just might like it.

Comments