Pullman Dakar Teranga Ex Sofitel

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Not for tourists

I would highly recommend avoiding this hotel. There are regular con-artists who loiter immediately outside the hotel property, that harass anybody who tries to leave on foot who is not dressed in a business suit. They will continue following you, and my travel companion was pickpocketed by one of these guys co-horts.

Also, we ended up missing a flight out of the country, partly because we received misinformation from the staff about how much time we needed to make a 7AM flight, and partly because the shuttle to take us to the airport left 15 minutes late.

The level of service was generally poor in many other aspects, there were many other problems, and even if this were hotel were 1/3 the price, I would still feel extremely cheated. Staying here felt like being in a prison with a swimming pool. This was pretty much the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life.

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo

Sofitel

This hotel is ideally located at the end of the point of Dakar.
    There is an excellent view on the baye of Dakar and it is very closed to the center of the town and the main shopping places.
    Rooms are very good, at this high standart of all Sofitels.

Unique Quality: Hotel is on a hill. There is a wooden way overcrossing the road (La Corniche) to descend to the swimming pool, alongside the sea. Laying down at the pool side gives you a view on the garden and the pool on one side, and on the other side a view on the blue ocean.
    Breakfast can be taken on the terrasse. The fresh air coming from the ocean

Directions: Corniche, pointe Sud

• adhitya's Profile Photo

Staying Quite Lavish

When in Dakar, be sure to stay in this hotel because:
    1. Excellent service
    2. Nice view of the atlantic ocean
    3. Right in the heart of city

Please see a couple of pics.

Unique Quality: The swimming pool area is separated by public street. to get there they installed a bridge which is very nice. The swimming pool area is divided by 4 sections.
    1. Swimming pool
    2. Restaurant
    3. A man made bay of which yacht can berth
    4. the beach

be careful though because sometimes tides are strong.

• africateach's Profile Photo

Dakar's Most Expensive Hotel

I stayed at the hotel for 6 days. I had no idea of what to expect, but stayed there because that was where the conference was to be.

From the outside, it looks very impressive. Nice sculpture, architecture and style. Inside was a nice area for waiting and such. The rooms were spacious enough to be able to stretch out and the views were nice from the window (if you are facing the ocean). It is in a very nice area! There are many little cafes around and the prices are not that bad. There are even little hamburger/shwarma shops within walking distance. The area around is where the beautiful comission buildings are.

Ok... now for the bad stuff! Making the reservation was near impossible. I called and was denied a reservation because the man actually told me to make it "on-line." So, that took forever to do! Then we arrived, we were told that the breakfast was to be 9000 CFA a day! Roughly about 20dollars US! The elevators were under construction and sometimes you had to stand in the elevator for about 20 min. before the doors would close!!! (Took the stairs most days) There were cracks on the sides and it kind of made me feel uneasy! Once, I was sitting in the waiting/bar area, waiting for the conference to start, and one hotel personnel came to me and told me I couldn't sit there because I did not buy a drink!!! I was furious because I felt insulted!!! After that I had had enough! Then I was on my way checking out and they tried to charge me with 6 days of food that I did not eat!!! Also, they threw in a charge of 600 CFA per day tax that I was never told about!!! Just for being in the hotel!!! After yelling and complaining, they took off the food bill, but left on the tax!

Unique Quality: Pool had a great view and very comfortable atmosphere. Receiving drinks and food was no problem if you didn't mind paying top dollar!

Few people at the desk were able to suggest good places to go out to. Bus picked up and took to airport.

Directions: Main business area