Ziguinchor Hotels

Our Members Say

• lotharscheer profile photo lotharscheer
  • Reviews: 746

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Auberge de la Paix: Cheap and good beach hotel in Cap Skirring

Simple 2 bed room from 6000 CFA and a good restaurant at the sea, sometimes wifi (the only cyber cafe in Cap Skirring is also only sometimes working)

The son of the recently dying owner, excellent german and english, hotel school in Austria is renovating the place at the moment.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Photography, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written December 6, 2011
Tip Photo

Auberge de la Paix

• SanteDafrique profile photo SanteDafrique
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

H.E.L.P. Association: Great Voluntourism B&B in Senegal!

I spent a week in Ziguinchor in this wonderful guesthouse/pension. We planned my visit ahead of time by e-mail, the owners offering me several different options - each a mix of eco-tourism and volunteer work with the local villagers. I chose to pay for and help build a chain-link fence for the women's garden of a nearby village. Once I arrived, the HELP staff welcomed me like family. I stayed in a small guesthouse with a live-in Senegalese cook and host. All of my meals and excursions were included. They accommodated my vegetarianism and my energy level in all of our activities. The community was beautiful and fascinating. In addition to boat rides and visits to the busy and crowded markets, we drove out of town to meet and work with the villagers. We installed the fence so that the women could grow vegetables to better feed their families and could also have more to sell at market. The villagers hospitality was overwhelming - They celebrated with us, a wonderful local feast with drumming and dancing into the night. I have never seen so many stars!

The personal touch. European creature comforts, a wondefully welcoming staff, a chance to meet and work alongside everyday Senegalese at their everyday chores, as well as to celebrate with them!

• Opinion of Price: N/A