4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Cerf Island Marine Park Resort

HALF BOARD OR BED & BREAKFAST?

by stefi.o

Hi everybody,I'm planning a vacation to Praslin and LaDigue,along with my husband,in June.I don't know how these islands look like,so I don't know if there are restaurants around (not in hotels)or we are forced to have dinner in our hotel.
Can anybody give me an advice? Thanks in advance.Stefi

by carpediem1

Hi
there are some restaurants on both islands but most people eat in the hotels
I stayed in La reserve on Praslin the food wasnt up to much but the fishing and snorkelling just outside the bay was superb saw a few big sharks 7-10 ft
On la digue the food again was very ordinary but the granite rocks around the national park and beaches are great
The only good food I had was in a place called cerf island resort fantastic little place where the chef comes to your table and asks how you like your food cooked
Everything is imported in except for the fish I hope you like fish e-mail me if you want any more info
Mark

by iwys

I have put some information about this on my Seychelles page. Basically, meals in hotels and restaurants alike are expensive. Even little roadside shacks charge very high prices for poor-quality food. If you can get a good package deal which includes meals at a hotel, you will save yourself a lot of money. The hotel restaurants are generally much better than the restaurants outside anyway.

Thanks guys!!!

RE: RE: HALF BOARD OR BED & BREAKFAST?

by MILANCHAMP

Sorry, but I don't agree with the guy above. In the main islands you can find some pretty little restaurant where the food is great and cheap.
Example? Taroza and Chez Marston at La Digue, Sun Set Caffè at Praslin.
So it isn't worth booking package hotel in HB if you don't find a fantastic bargain.

RE: RE: HALF BOARD OR BED & BREAKFAST?

by stefi.o

thanks to all of you guys!

by Saagar

Go for half board - definitely!
The hotel meals can be quite dreary in the long run. The buffets get quite boring and with similar-tasting items rom the same frying pan. And you may miss out on some super dining experiences, by and large cheaper than the hotel buffets and a la cartes. But some hotels have excellent a la cartes, too, so check around - make it an adventure to look foor local food. I spent nearly two weeks half board on La Digue last time I was there and the same thing on Mahe. I have written some restaurant reviews on my pages.
And I would do it again.
Saagar