Just starting planning a honeymoon in the indian ocean! We have decided on the Seychelles because of the weather (we are going May or June). I have loads of questions which I would be so grateful if people would be able to help with! As a bit of background we are planning either a two or three centre, two week holiday
banyan tree/taj denis island followed by la reserve/l'archipel/Hotel Acajou
banyan tree followed by taj denis island followed by la reserve/l'archipel/Hotel Acajou
1) Has anyone been to Denis island since Taj took it over? What do you think of it? Are they building a pool? Is this work intrusive? Will it be finished by May/June 2007? How does this compare to other Taj properties e.g. Mauritius? Is it a good option as a luxury start to a honeymoon?
2) Has anyone been to la reserve since the recent refit? What do you think? What are the main differences between these three Praslin hotels?
3) Are there good vegetarian dinner options (no fish) at these hotels? Are there good other restaurant options within walking distance of the Praslin hotels?
4) Are the seas rough around Denis island and/or the area of Praslin we have decided on at this time of year? Will this affect snorkling? From recent trips is the snorkling in these areas good generally?
5) Any recommendations for who to book with?
If you can answer any (or all??!?!) of these queries I would be most grateful! We travel a fair bit and I am doing lots of research but we feel that this is a very important holiday to get right!!
can you tell me where we can find nude beach on seychelles? I kwon that there are not official beach but I would like to know if there are some beach usually used by naturist. Thank you in advance.
As you say naturism is forbidden on Seychelles.
Beaches known for practising naturism I don't think they exist, certainly not on the 3 main islands.
5, 6 years ago it was tolrated on Desroches Island and Denis Island. But in the meantime they changed owner (Denis is Indian) so I don't know for the moment. On Silhouette there are a lot of hidden beaches, so there it was possible before. For the moment the hotel is closed and a new one with more than 100 rooms is under construction. So in the future these beaches will be crowded.
The only good possibility , and where it is tolerated is on Bird Island. I was there already 7 times, and never had problems.
The crowds go home for early dinners and you will have even well-known beaches to yourself about 5-6pm after which it gets pitch dark. Getting an allover suntan is difficult on the main beaches, but on remote ones it's possible, albeit illegal.
Anse Intendance, , Mahe Island, Seychelles
Mahe Island East Coast Borderi, , Sainte Anne Island, 22440, Seychelles
Port Launay, Seychelles
PO BOX 550, Victoria, Mahe Island, 550, Seychelles
Latest Mahé hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: PO Box 404, (formerly Taj Denis Island), , Denis Island, 404, Seychelles