Le Meridien, Fishermans Cove

Rated 11% higher but also costs 22% more than other 4.5 star hotels

More about Le Meridien, Fishermans Cove

Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove, Beau Vallon Beach

by cricketdog about Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove

My husband and I stayed at the Fisherman's Cove Hotel in February 2007 and had a fantastic time. The staff is wonderful at all levels -- many remembered our names even though we only stayed 3 nights. We really felt like everyone went out of their way to accommodate us. The front desk staff and the pool/recreation staff are especially helpful and friendly.

The beach was not in the best condition during our stay. Staff told us that during the summer time (including February), the sea is a little rougher on the west side of the island. We were told that in April and May, the beach is beautiful. It wasn't a big concern for us -- we simply walked 100 yards down the beach to swim where it was less rocky.

If you stay at the hotel on a Wednesday (in the afternoon) or the last Saturday of the month (starting at 6 PM), you can easily walk down Beau Vallon beach to the craft and food market set up just off the beach. Local food and crafts, t-shirts, etc. are sold at a reasonable price and it's great people watching. Bring some cold beer with you and walk around listening to the music and get to know the locals!

Overall, it was a fantastic experience! Close proximity to local market and restaurants

Saving Money on Higher-End Hotel Accommodations

by cricketdog about Hilton Northolme and Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove

When figuring out the details for our accommodations in the Seychelles, I grew frustrated by high prices for hotels that weren't worth the price. I certainly expected to pay a bundle for a room in a country nearly 1,000 miles of the coast of any continent; however, I knew I could find a deal somewhere if I just put my mind to it.

Finally, I managed to book rooms for my husband and me at two of the nicer hotels for about half-price. We stayed at both the Hilton Northolme and Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove. Both hotels run about $600-700 U.S. per night.

To get the best deal at Le Meridien, open up a Starwood Preferred Guest credit card with American Express (U.S. and Canada residents only). You'll get a coupon that allows you to book a room at Starwood hotels for 1/2 price. The half-price is off the rack rate but it will still save you a least $200/night for your room. I think we ended up paying about $280/night for our 3-night stay at the hotel. You can stay up to five nights at a time with this offer.

To get the best deal at the Hilton Northolme, you'll really need to plan ahead. Rooms at the resort can be booked with 40,000 Hilton HHonors points. If you're not a Hilton HHonors member, you can sign up online and purchase 40,000 points per year outright. The points will cost you $.01 each. If you and a spouse both get HHonors accounts, you can each book a night with points and you'll end up paying $400 U.S. per night. Since we traveled in February, I bought points in December one year and again in January, one month later but in the new calendar year.

Of course, these prices are still high but compared to $275/night at the Coral Strand, we thought we got some pretty good deals.

Le Meridien, Fisherman's CoveLe Meridien, Fisherman's Cove