Beau Vallon, Seychelles
Booking.com Agoda.com eDreams

More about Romance Bungalows

Looking for Romance?

by Saagar about Romance Bungalows

Booked the place via a travel agent in Norway after an initial internet search.
Stayed our first 4 nights in the Seychelles here, and used the place as a base for exploring Mahe island, the capital Victoria and for lazying around the Beu Vallon area.
It was very roomy and better standard and better equipped than the internet information gave the impression of. Very close to everything on Beu Vallon, and without the disadvantage of too close proximity to the larger hotels with their disco beat and floodlights. Short stroll down to the Beau Vallon Beach for a morning dip in the ocean breakers.
Roomy, very good quality bungalow with a verandah and garden spot. Kitchenette with the necessary facilities for self-catering.
B&B possible for a little extra, we did not take the breakfast.
Connected to a good Creole restaurant (same owners?) for a good lunch and dinner, the same place as for breakfast.
The Baobab Pizzeria is right down on the beach.
Service oriented and very nice staff.
Connected to sightseeing and fishing operators, could organize just about everything certainly we would be interested in if we had stayed on Mahe (we moved on to La Digue).

I went to Seychelles, Mahe for two weeks in Mai 2006

by SexyWacko

Its very hot and humid so be prepared.Dont forget your sunscreen.I wanted to tan so I only put on "4"...I burned like a lobster on my first day there.So 30 is necessary.My baby had "50" and she tanned a lil bit...so the sun is very strong.
We stayed at the Beau Vallon Bungalows. If you like to just sit and relax outside this place is very nice...Right next door you have Romance bungalows ...Which looks better...But we had a baby so Beau Vallon Bungalows was perfect for us. www.seychelles.com ...(Is where we found their phone number).I rate the room 6/10...they gave us a crib for our baby and it was acceptable ...Cleanliness was to be desired...but its ok.Laundry service is expensive ...You should pay with Cash....Becuz in Seychelles the goverment takes more than half the money if u pay by Visa etc...(IM SERIOUS)If I remember correcly they leave the bisness with 15% of the price.Anyways...BeauVallon beach is the Biggest beach on the island ..(I think) Theres a good restaurant called Boat house ...the food is good...Also theres a pizzeria infront of the Beauvallon Bungalows...The pizza is really good...Anyways...we rented a car with King Cars...Its not in a touristic place because my fiances family lives overthere so they rented the car for us.
Visit the botanical Garden...They will ask for Euros..Seychelles is in need of foreign exchange.Rent a car and get lost on the mountain roads it is truly worth it.If you want to take a tour "MasonsTravel" is very good Staff is very nice and friendly...We took the tour :"Tale of two islands Pralin & La digue" Very worth it.and Semi submersible boat...Also worth it...
The driving in seychelles is dangerous.Seychellois dont care for rules.They will overtake in small moutain roads . Be careful.Baby dont require a car seat in seychelles so bring your own or sit in the back.
Thats about it...for now

RE: I went to Seychelles, Mahe for two weeks in Mai 2006

by vtveen

you should add these tips to your Mah travel page !!

Recommendations for small hotel or guesthouse

by Jude08

We are looking for clean comfortable accommodation with a bit of atmosphere or nice ambiance and walking distance to shops & restaurants. Our budget is up to 125 euro per night - we have no set ideas on exact location- will consider any area. I have seen ample accommodation is available in our limited budget but we are looking for a personal recommendation - the pictures don't always paint an accurate picture. We will travel sometime between September and November for 7 to 10 days.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Re: Recommendations for small hotel or guesthouse

by Saagar

On Mahe I enjoyed Romance Bungalows on Beauvallon's northern side. That's within your budget, and they had kitchenettes and nice surroundings. However, shops are concentrated to Victoria, and there aren't any guesthouses really that combine Victoria shopping and beach bumming within walking distance of both. From the Beauvallon side you can take a local bus or a taxi to Victoria. Walking there takes time because of a climb and the heat, but definitiely doable.
Saagar

Re: Recommendations for small hotel or guesthouse

by Jude08

Hi Saagar, thanks for your reply. I will check out Romance Bungalows.

Comments