Hargeysa Hotels

Our Members Say

• sachara profile photo sachara
  • Reviews: 3950

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deero: Hotel downtown

From the airport the tour agency brought us to the Deero Hotel downtown. From the first moment I liked the colourful painted shops and the easy going atmosphere downtown. We were very happy to have a hotel at walking distance of everything. It is a modern looking building in orange colour with blue tinted windows.

We stayed two times in Hotel Deero. The first time we had a huge room with separate bed- and living room. The room itself was great, but we did not like to have only windows to a corridor. The bed was very hard. We could not get another room, because the hotel seemed to be fully booked. After we came back from a two days trip we got a regular room of normal size. It has a window with a view and fresh air and the bed was perfect this time. This one we liked more.

Like in most hotels in Somaliland you have to go upstairs to the first floor to find the reception.
At the rooftop is a restaurant with an open air area. Here we had breakfast with great views at the city. During the day it's too sunny and hot in the open air. When I took once my lunch in the hotel I went to the restaurant indoors. In the restaurant not all softdrinks and vegetables were available, but if you asked for, it was bought immediatily at the market downstairs.

The location of the Deero Hotel is perfect. Everything downtown like the museum, the market, the Independence road is at walking distance. There was a good wifi connection in the rooms.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip
  • Written June 22, 2014
Tip Photo

View at Deero hotel from Independence Av.

• thelittlevoice profile photo thelittlevoice
  • Reviews: 226

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oriental Hotel: Oriental Hotel

When I got into Oriental Hotel, I thought it was heaven! It was exactly what we needed after a tiring trip. We paid $25 for a double room. The room has a satellite TV, a closet, 2 chairs, one table and a private bathroom with hot shower. You can also use a FREE internet on the second floor. The connection was quite quick for African standard. The food was alright, it could be a bit tastier but hey I'm from Thailand so I'm spoiled!

The hotel manager is great and he will try to help you as much as possible.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written January 4, 2008
Tip Photo

• buux profile photo buux
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambassador hotel: Hargeysa nearest hotel

Service is good food is great,maybe overprised considering u can eat for less than half of the price in th center of the city.But beautiful and new.

Its the best view of the city,its an outdoor tennis court,Gym available etc,but no pool(yet)

• Opinion of Price: most expensive