Kroonstad Hotels

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3726

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

KROON PARK: FULLY FURNISHED HEAVEN

Kroon Park is the greatest campground and RV (Caravan) Park on planet Earth. Why? Because of the furnished chalets they rent out for very economical prices. I found this paradise on earth by accident. I found the office and they offered me a chalet for 1 night at a reasonable price. I was given some keys to Chalet number 28 and a road map. I parked in my covered drive next to my own private Braai (barbeque) area. Opening the door I found a 2 bedroom house much larger than my own at home. It had everything! Washer, dryer, cutlery, towels, everything. It was fully furnished, have a nice living room and good beds. The air-conditioning made sure that my cool house stayed cool in the heat. I could not believe how nice it was. I was so excited because I knew I could have absolute silence, wash and dry my clothes, and have a very good braai that night. I put my clothes in the wash and went straight into town for some meat to grill outside and some wood.

When I got back, I put my clothes outside to dry and my food in the large fridge. And then promptly went for a swim in the largest indoor pool (heated) I have ever seen inside the massive sports complex. Afterwards I started my fire, open some cold beers and settled in for a nice evening. My stay was heavenly. After washing clothes in a bucket for 2 months, I was able to relax and have a machine do it for me. This was an absolute palace to me and I had a great rest. I wish I actually had more than 1 night to stay here, but I had air tickets for Madagascar and had to move on. Kroonstad is located at several possible crossroads if you are driving around South Africa. I cannot recommend this peaceful park and its facilities enough.

Surprisingly this whole park and all its splendid facilities are owned by the local municipality. They do a great job and the whole area is tranquil and immaculate.

Kroonpark Holiday Resort is set amongst woodlands beside the Vals River. They offer:

• 155 stands for caravans with electrical connections
• 50 stands for tents - 8 have private bathrooms and kitchenettes
• 59 fully furnished chalets with private covered drives and braai areas
• Braais, water taps and rubbish bins at regular intervals
• Tarred roads, illuminated at night, ablution blocks with toilets, showers, baths
• Laundry and scullery tubs, washing machines and driers
• Licensed (serves booze) restaurant, ladies bar, shop, take-aways, curio shop
• Riverside picnic spots, swimming pool, supertube, splash pool, indoor heated pool
• Freshwater lake with pedal and rowing boats, mini-golf, playpark, trampolines
• Golf course, tennis bowls and squash
• Credit cards accepted
• Security patrols

• No pets, motorcycles or solid ground sheets

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average