Square West St., Sandown, Johannesburg, Gauteng, 2146, South Africa

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo

Michelangelo

The best and most expensive hotel of the area. Directly in the Sandton shopping Mall. The smallest room looks like a suite in other hotels.
    The service is outstanding. I arrived there with nothing (lost by airline). They provided me with everything during my stay, including an express laundry during the night and all toiletries.

Unique Quality: Very luxuous hotel wth all facilities you can think off.
    Very expensive, only if your company pays!!!

• longsanborn's Profile Photo

Grand and Luxurious Stay

During my business stay in Jo'burg, I was accommodated in this grand and luxurious 5-star hotel.

Unique Quality: Large room and bathroom. Plush carpeting. Free coffee & tea facility. However, for all the high prices I paid for this hotel, it did not provide free internet access, even for one hour.

• julia687's Profile Photo

WOW

This is a very beautiful hotel. The rooms are an average size and had a nice seating area. Mini bar was the most expensive one through the whole trip. Its attached to a large shopping center which also has a good selection of restaurants if you dont want to eat in the hotel. I liked Sandton in general it has a nice feel to it. Overall the hotel is amazing and I'd highly recommend it.

• Security problems

I read the reviews on the internet and checked myself into Michealangelo at the Sandton City 2 weeks ago. I had the most terrible experience here.
    One evenign when I got back to my room the door lock was reset. So went down and got the key changed. When i enetred the room the bar was locked and the key was nowhere to be found either. The third part of it completerly outraged me. Our safe deposit box was open. I was extremely furious and this was totally unacceptable. To me this seemed like the hotel guys prepared the room for checkout and so reset the door lock, locked the bar and reset the lock on the safe deposit box. When I confronted the security staff they didnt own responsibility for the mistake. Luckily I didnt lose anything from the safe deposit box but I didnt have the courage to stay in the hotel for another day.
    To point it out further, in my 15 day stay the door lock was reset 6 times which was very annoying. They said that the locks get reset becasue of the cell phones or some other disturbances.
    Anyway I checked out the next morning into another hotel accross the street ( Intercontinental) which is slightly expensive but I feel safer here.
    I hope no one has this kind of experience but I felt it was my responsibility to point this incident out to others.
    Good luck.

Unique Quality: I like the dining here. Also the Gym was decent. Unfortunately this incident wiped out all the good in the hotel

• cokes's Profile Photo

Michelangelo Hotel

Well I had a chance to stay here for 2 nights and did I really enjoy myself. Its situated next to the Nelson Mandela Square in Sandton city. Well you basically leave the reception area and you in one of JNB`s most prestige`s shopping malls.

I think the location is excellent. By the looks of things I, think its a excellent Hotel to stay in. Price wise , well I guess its a bit expensive but I think its worth it giving its location and from what I have seen inside the Hotel. Its also very central , so you have no excuse to not to go to Sun City or any of the other great place JNB has to offer.

The room was nice and spaceous. I really enjoyed staying here. Just one problem I must say , if you renting a car or you come with your own car ,parking can be a bit of hassle as you have to park in the parking of the mall. I parked infront of the hotel the 1st night of my stay and I arrive back early hours of the morning just to find out the gates to the malls parking was closed. The next morning the guys working there had alot to say about me parking where I parked. Anyway that was the only thing that I did`nt like about this place.

Unique Quality: When you in the lift , the view of the eating and lounge area is excellent. I also had an opprotunity to see the gym and the pool and I must say it looks good.

Check out my pic to get a view of what I`m talking about.

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

The Art of Michel Angelo`s!

It is one of THE most luxurious hotels I have been to,it`s just amazing!
    I`m sorry but all the rates I will provide are corporate rates.
    The first time we stayed there they provided us with a very luxurious suite,the second time(Sep/2003)the suite wasn`t as luxurious as before.but still very good.

Unique Quality: Like most 5 star hotels it has everything you need.The suite we stayed at was stunning,,it had a living room,bed room,two toilets and a bath room,with a shower and a bath tub.
    And it had a large balconey.
    There also was a complimentary fruit basket and a piece of choclate that had the hotel`s symbol on it,,check my travel album to see more.

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Michelangelo

Unique Quality: The best thing about this hotel is its location--it's attached to the biggest, nicest shopping mall in Sandton, and you don't have to go far to find a good place to eat. The hotel itself is gaudily spectacular, but the service leaves much to be desired. I have been forced to stay at the Michelangelo numerous times because I have had conferences and group trips based here, and every time, I end up very frustrated. For a five-star, expensive hotel, the Michelangelo's service is shockingly bad. I haven't been here for several years because I finally got so outraged with their response to a service failure that I am boycotting the place.

There is a small fitness center, which is not included in the room rate.

Comments