Idube Private Game Reserve

Travel Tips for Hazyview

Hammered in Hazyview

by Lalsey

"Out of the bush"

We left the Kreuger heading for hazyview. The good thing about a glass sided truck is that you can watch the world go buy, and as we headed for Kreuger we could see lots of roadside stalls. We stopped at the shops in Hazy view to stock up on provisions and wondered around the local market. Part of the reason for me going to the market was to get away from the petrol station whilst we filled up with diesel due to the number of people smoking on the forecourt! It wasn’t the smoking that offended me, it was the naked flames near to petrol!

"Haggling"

In the market I displayed terrible haggling skills – getting very confused with my currency and initially forgetting I was supposed to do this, so spent way over the odds on mangos! We were also approached and offered some very dodgy looking gold chains from a chap that wouldn’t leave us alone.

"How do they do that?"

Loved wondering around the market, and watching people carry things on their heads! How do they do that?

"Phone home?"

I also saw this! Love it!

"Hazyview Lodge"

On our arrival at Hazyview lodge we made our way to the bar fairly quickly. The inn was like the Swiss Family Robinson Tree house. I blame it on the trees sucking the oxygen out of the air, but after about one beer and two glasses of wine I was very merry indeed! Very funny night wondering around our tree house home!

Comments