49 Marine Drive, Hermanus, Western Cape, 7200, South Africa

Booking.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Unsafe: Armed Robbery in the Windsor Hotel, Herman

I visited the Windsor Hotel on New Year's eve 2010/11. We woke up at 5.30am on New Years morning with two armed men in the hotel room. They tied us up at gun point, gagged us, abused us, and stole our property. The security at the hotel failed to prevent the incident. No alarms were tripped, and there was no one monitoring the cameras. The boom in the parking lot was even wide open all night. We only received an apology 3 weeks later from the hotel, after a member of my family asked for one. We subsequently inquired if the Hotel would offer any compensation for our stolen property. The owner didn't even bother to reply to our email. I am shocked at how a hotel could display such a lack of empathy for their guests. I would highly recommend not staying here.

• Joemidwest's Profile Photo

Facing Anarctica

A breath of fresh ocean air! We inquired at the desk about room rates and it was a little more than I wanted to spend, which I expressed. The nice lady then offered the room for 100 Rand ($14) less. Again we were slightly preseason.

• pmarshuk's Profile Photo

Right on the cliffs

Fabulous position right on the clifftop overlooking the bay. In the season you can see Southern Right whales from the sea facing rooms, sometimes pretty close to the shore. However when I stayed there the rooms looked a little tired and the breakfast although good was way down from the best I had in South Africa. Picture shown is taken from their website

Unique Quality: Position right on the oceanfront. They have special rooms on the upper floor where you can whalewatch when the weather's bad.

Directions: In a block between the seafront and the main road through town

Comments