Southern Sun Malelane Sun

More about Southern Sun Malelane Sun

Vast and exciting country

by Gemma1981

"My First Visit"

I first went to South Africa when I was 7 years old with my parents as my Dad was working over there. It was so exciting, a new place, I couldnt believe the house we were staying had a pool, most houses over there have pools, and it is odd if you dont have a pool.

Whilst we were there we were living in Port Elizabeth a costal town with fantastic beaches, which is about 45 mins away from Jeffreys Bay, one of the best surfing venues in the world.

We also went to the Kruger National Park, which is about the size of Wales, and stayed in the Malelane Lodge (now know as the Malelane Sun) whcih is well recommended. The decking area over looks Crocodile river and you can see hippos and crocs during the night. They are less visble during the day.

We also went to Cape Town, I was in awe at Table Mountain, the first time is saw it, it really looked like a table as it was covered with a blanket of cloud. A magnificent sight.

On the way to Cape Town there is so much to see, one of the main stop off pints is Strorms River mouth with the biggest Bunji Jump in the world (cant say I have tried it, but sounds amazing!) then on to Knysna and Plettenburg Bay. Plettenburg Bay run Ocean Safari where you can see Whales, Dolphins, Penguins, and loads of bird life.

Comments