Bakubung Game Lodge

P.O.Box 6805, Pilanesburg, , North-West South Africa, South Africa

More about Bakubung Game Lodge

when In south Africa you must...

by HeidiR

when In south Africa you must go on some kind of Safari.

We went to Pilinsburg and stayed in Bakubung which is next to Sun City.
Small gamespark near Jo'burg
No need to take malaria tablets.
animals seen lion, rhino, baboons, giraffe, zebra, monkeys, babons, springboks,wathog and afew more including cheetah and hippos

South Africa Travel

by Audrey118

We went to South Africa for a couple of weeks. Our trip included Durban, Cape town, staying in Bakubung camp, Pretoria, Joburg and also Suncity, Unfortuantely I have very ppor recording of my trip there - but I have lots of photos to offer in my site.

Pilanesberg, South Africa

by canuck68

"The Landscape"

Pilanesberg is a beautiful place to visit. Besides all of the magnificent animals to be seen, the landscape is everchanging and the excitment of seeing wild animals can't be beaten.
Sunsets and sunrises are magnificent and typical of South Africa.

The roads through the game reserve are good and well marked. The people are friendly and helpful when going on game drives.

It is possible to self drive or go on a supervised game drive. We did both and I think I liked the self drive best.

The accommodation is varied according to your budget. A trip to Sun City is a must.

"Animals at Pilanesberg"

We were very fortunate in that we saw lots of animals and I was very
excited to finally see lions. Lots of them. They were very close to the car and therefore I was somewhat nervous. I didn't want to be dinner.

The variety of animals is extensive and so it is never boring.

"Animals (cont'd)"

The animals up close are always an awesome sight. I seem to watch them with a mixture of fear and excitement. The lion pictured below walked right beside my side of the car.

"More Animals"

The elephants are always an awesome sight. It's a real thrill when they walk across the road right in front of the car. I am divided between getting out of the area and sitting and watching. Of course the watching wins.
I think kids would for sure love this experience.

"Animals Again"

One animal that is not in short supply is the zebra. They are plentiful in the Pilanesberg. I was surprised to learn that each zebra has individual stripes. When a mother gives birth, she moves the baby away from the herd so that the baby becomes familiar with her particular stripe pattern.

"Pilanesberg in General"

I was lucky enough to stay at Bakubung Lodge at a time share. There are various types of accommodation according to availability and your budget.
The scenic beauty of the park is well worth the visit.

Sun City is very close and worth a visit if only to say you have been there. I was fortunate to go there when a professional golf tournament was going on so found it very interesting.

At Pilanesberg there is also a wide variety of birdlife. Most were unfamiliar to me.

"Another Lioness"

I found it very thrilling to see these lions so close. They really are a blend of magnificent and anxiety producing. At least for me. I saw them stalking and then in full flight chasing a hyena. The hyena won.

PLEASE NOTE SOME OF THE PILANESBERG PHOTOS WERE TAKEN BY FRIENDS WHO WERE WITH ME.

"Pool At Bakubung Lodge"

This pool was really beautiful and the setting was in such a location that it provided a good view of the Pilanesberg area from one side of the pool.
It proved a popular place as the weather was very warm when we were there.

White flowersWhite flowers