3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Pilanesburg National Park, Sun City, North-West South Africa, 0316, South Africa

Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• tompt's Profile Photo

Nice waterhole

At KwaMaritane there an underground tunnel that leads to a hide from which you can see the waterhole and the animals that visit here. We liked this very much.
    The room we stayed in was a bit older but clean. The restaurant was divided in two levels. As they serve both breakfast and dinner in buffet style it meant walking many steps up and down during the meals. Not very classy.
    One of the nights there was a braai outside and the doors where kept open. As we had a table near the door and it was winter we didn't like that very much. Again it was a lot of movement in and out the door this time.

When you arrive you get a ticket which you must show each time you drive in or out of the camp, not very welcoming. The car park was not very close to the room and absolutely filled up.

The internet connection didn't reach the entire camp. In our room we had no signal. Maybe because we were far from the center but it was not what we expected.

If you want to travel into the park there is always the same stretch of road (10 km) to take before you can choose another direction. It can be boring to travel this 10 km 4 times a day.

Our Verdict:
    Can be a good place, but there some improvements have to be made.

Directions: KwaMaritane is located in the southeast end of Pilanesberg.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo

award winning bush lodge!

We really had a great time at this hotel, its close to Sun City, close to Pilanesberg, rooms were great, its really got a wonderful location, from the hotel you can book game drives through the game reserve, we did a night drive with a meal, it was fantastic! The hotel is actually in the game reserve.
    Its a luxury 4 star hotel. very high rate for singles... think it was almost R2000 per night, sharing approx R1400 pp as at 2008/2009

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Kwa Maritane bush lodge

This hotel we only had our lunch after touring the park.it looked clean and cosy.
    It has 90 hotel rooms,and 54 self-catering chalets.it also had a swimming pool.

More about Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge

lost city at sun city

by nora_south_africa

Visit the lost city at sun city, there are plenty of boards on the main road to direct you to sun city, its very close to the game reserve, you can leave the game reserve by the kwa maritane gate, they can even tell you at the gate more specific the direction to sun city.

Kwa Maritane hotelKwa Maritane hotel

private game reserve

by Maryjohn

I am looking to book Sun City for 3 or 4 nights then do a safari for maybe 3 nights, but wondered if anyone can advice me on a good private Game reserve not too far from Sun City.I am not sure if I like the look of Pilanesburg park? I think I would like something a bit more private. Can anyone recommend one with nice accomodation and game drives included. Look forward to getting some advice. Thanks.

by cleocat

Bakubang and Kwa - Maritane are very close. Both are stunning.

Go to www.africandreams.co.za and click on safari lodges on the left. It will take to these two lodges.

by cokes

I have been to the Pilanesburg and Sun City about 3 months ago and it was very nice. Well as for privacy , I really did`nt see a problem , actually I really enjoyed my time there at the Pilanesburg.

by MelanieBee

I would definitely recommend Kwa Maritane. I don't know if it is still like this, but when we went they had an underground tunnel from the hotel to a hide near a waterhole. It was excellent!

Comments