Pilanesberg Hotels

Our Members Say

• tompt profile photo tompt
  • Reviews: 2523

Manyane: Budget style

At Manyane camp you can rent a chalet or a safari tent. You can also bring your own camping equipment and rent a place on the campground.
We camped here once and on other trip we rented a chalet. The chalets are simple and if you are with four adults maybe the chalet is too small. There is one bedroom and two other beds are in a small attic over the living room. It gets very hot in there, even though we visited in winter.

The camping was not a good experience as a visited during a weekend and with us lots a young south africans who came to party all night. It was very noisy.

The restaurant serves good food, but the service was not always very friendly. The breakfast buffet was outside and the open doors made it not very comfortable in the restaurant itself. (It was a winter morning)

Our verdict:
For the budget it was a good place, but we probably have seen it now.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 24, 2010

sun city: sun city

THE PALACE OF THE LOST CITY
THE SUN CITY HOTEL
CASCADES

SUN CITY CABANAS
Sun City has various kinds of accommodation, all are of high standard and quite expensive but an enjoyable experience.

• Related to: Birdwatching, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

bakgatla: game lodge 2

Bakgatla offers chalets, safari tents and camping facilities. Own braai area. Pub, swimming pool, playground, game drives in the Pilanesburg National Park and bird-watching
Caravan and Camping Sites>>

All caravan sites are grassed and electrified and can accommodate a maximum of 6 people and 2 motor vehicles per site.

Requests for electrified camping sites are essential. Maximum of 6 people and 2 motor vehicles per site, you must bring your own tent.

Sites have centrally situated ablution facilities, as well as access to the lodge restaurant, bar, pool, playground and superrette.

• Related to: Safari, Family Travel

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

ivory tree lodge: game lodge

Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated in the north eastern region of the Pilanesberg National Park, the closest point of entry is through Bakgatla Gate.

this is a luxury lodge.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel

• roland33 profile photo roland33
  • Reviews: 6

Casa Grande: Luxury Accommodation for low prices

My friend and I planned our trip to the Pilanesberg with our given budget.
Since we are not the type who enjoy camping and self-catering accommodation, we searched for hotels and B&B's in close proximity to the park.

We found a number of very nice, posh lodges to reside in, although the prices were extremely high.

We then kept on searching and found an amazing B&B located only 20 MINUTES from Pilanesberg - CASA GRANDE B&B.
For 5 star accommodation at a very reasonable price, we decided to make the bookings.

The only drawback of this lodge, is the distance to and from the park. For us it was most convenient, as we only spent one day driving around the park, and our next day we would continue to the Magaliesberg region (in which this B&B was located). So it suited us perfectly.

This B&B (CASA GRANDE) comprises all the luxury aspects one could expect from a five star hotel, like the Hilton or Ritz establishments (Except for 24hr room service).

Rooms have modern airconditioning, flat screen TV's, tea&coffee stations, Cable TV, Hairdryer, fully stocked fridge, Telephone, Alarm clock, sufficent closet space, safe, granite bathrooms, and all other kinds of luxuries.

The B&B has a magnificent sparkling pool, terrace, secure parking with a 24hr guarded entrance, formal dining room, exclusive bar/lounge, babysitting service, car wash, cordon bleu menu, turndown service at night, etc etc etc.

The most amazing aspect of this lodge is the price. For a standard room in a similar accommodation unit in one of the Pilanesberg lodges/hotels may cost you up to R3000 p/p p/n breakfast included. (+- $430)

For the same and even better accommodation at CASA GRANDE (our newly discovered B&B) prices range from R350 - R450 p/p p/n (+- $60). With a full english breakfast included. And believe me, I am a fussy little boy when it comes to accommodation...and I can honestly say I was delighted with the service & accommodation.

We also enjoyed the personal service we were getting, as the place is quite small, and very few people know about it (the only thing they lack at CASA GRANDE is a good marketing strategy). But lets hope they don't improve in that dept, or else demand will rise and price will rise accordingly :-(

So if you're looking for a super luxury safari int he Pilanesberg, take a look at the Casa Grande website (not very easy website to naviagte around in, but atleast you'll get the idea).

www.casagrandebb.co.za

The owner told me they are thinking of selling the guesthouse to new management, so I hope by the time you go, the new management would have retained the top class aspects of the lodge.

Enjoy ;-)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 28, 2008

The refreshing pool

Casades Hotel-Sun City: Casades Hotel

This is such a fun and entertaining place to stay. Minutes from the Palace Hotel which is an African fantasy world; the Cascades Hotel is fascinating with its endless display of waterfalls and cascades.

It is set in the spark ruggedness of the Pilanesberg National Park where elephants, rhinos, lions and antelope roam freely in their natural habitats - a must to see. Our room was large and comfortable, situated on the ground floor with a small balcony. The whole Sun City experience was fabulous, and winning 5000.00 on blackjack made it more memorable

The Cabanas is one of the cheapest hotels to stay at and offers excellent facilities. Its in a good location regarding being close to Waterworld and the Gary Player Golf Course. Its a fair walk to the Entertainment Centre, however the shuttle bus goes regularly and daily from the hotel and the skytrain station is close by.

The swimming pool is excellent with a lovely grassy area to sunbathe on deck chairs. There are numerous restaurants and cafes within the hotel. Parking is also available outside the hotel.

The swimmin pool is beautiful.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Photography, National/State Park

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Palace Hotel: Give me Luxury anyday !

Firstly, I would like to say I am reviewing the Palace hotel not the whole resort.

We were originally booked into the Cascades Hotel but when we arrived we found that we had been upgraded to the Palace. For what reason, we are unsure off but we certainly were not complaining. Our room was beautiful, elegantly furnished in traditional furniture. The room was more like a suite with a large lounge and two chairs, coffee table, sideboard, TV, with a small balcony overlooking the running brook ,which flowed throughout the resort.

The king size bed was enormous with gorgeous pillows; the bathroom was just delightful with a touch of African décor. I truly loved my room, and I have stayed in numerous five star hotels around the world. This room had to be one of my favourites, it made me feel special. I know others feel this hotel is totally over the top but to me it represents luxury. The bed turn back service was also graciously done, with rose petals spread elegantly on the bed and little flower knots tied into the dressing gowns laid out gracefully on the bed. Little things or services in a hotel mean a lot to me.

The breakfast was fabulous, and I now rate it, the second best in the world. The selection of fruit, cereal, bread, yoghurts, and cooked American specialties with two Chefs was great. I rate it second, because there was no fresh juice chef like the Shangri –La in China and the Excelsior in Hong Kong.

We had cocktails in the bar, which was entertaining as the waiters like to have fun and share their humour with you. Dinner was again first rate in the Italian Restaurant.

My adult children also tayed in the hotel with us, their room was not as big but it was equally up to the same standard as ours.

Staff are friendly and very helpful, maids excellent, laundry service efficient, swimming pool fantastic,restaurants fabulous,personally as a hotel; I could not find one thing wrong with it. I give it 10 out of 10. (I am a serious seasonal traveler)so its nice to be able to say, this hotel was just perfect

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Photography, Eco-Tourism

Excellent position: Vacation Club Apartments

The Vacation club is located next door to the Palace Hotel and has lovely views overlooking the Pilanesberg National Park and the Gary Player Golf Course. The Vacation Club is basically a resort of apartments and villas. It has it's own supermarket, restaurant, cafe and lovely swimming pool.

These apartments/ villas are usually rented out on a weekly basis 7 days. However, we did not stay 7 days only 5 and we still paid the full weekly rate but it didn't concern us, as it worked out much cheaper than if we had stayed 5 days in any of the other hotels within Sun City. These apartments offer incredible value and are of excellent standard. I highly recommend them if you happen to be traveling with your family.

Our villa to our pleasure was a lovely spacious, modern apartment with two bedrooms, two large bathrooms, lounge, dining room with sliding doors opening up to a large undercover patio with a large dining table and BBQ overlooking the Pilansberg Park.

We have stayed at most of the hotels within the Sun City Resort due to our previous visits to South Africa. I would certainly stay at the Vacation Club again, as to me the villa's are a home away from home offering all the modern facilities and incredible value.

perfect for a family safari !

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Photography, Eco-Tourism, National/State Park

Manyane: Camp and see the BIG 5

Wonderful campsite at the Pilanesberg Game reserve, also close to sun city, a cheaper place to stay you visiting SUN CITY and LOST CITY, hear LION roar at night.....and the night wildlife, they also have safari tents you can stay in, these tents have a BBQ and tea and coffee making facility, you share ablution with campers. Beds were very comfortable., and there is a very small shop close on site.

Pool, big 5, you can drive in this reserve with your own car, buy a map at gate. Close to the gate of manyane is a butcher where you can buy BILTONG made from various animals.. sometimes even LION

• Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip, Adventure Travel