175 Snell Parade, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, 4001, South Africa

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• Nice view...but oh the service!

We stayed at the Blue Waters Hotel in April 2012 and were left with some unpleasant memories. The hotel has some good points counting in its favour: it has a good location directly on the beachfront, its prices are fair and the views from the rooms are stunning, however the service at the hotel is mediocre, to say the least.

We stayed in the executive suite which had a nice spacious master bedroom and lounge and 2 balconies and a small bathroom. It also had another tiny room which only contained a small desk and chair, which was quite strange and which we did not use at all. The rooms were clean although the furnishings were a bit on the old side. The buffet breakfast which was included in the room rate was lovely, with daily changes to the dishes on offer.

Service at the hotel was not up to standard. Firstly, our check in was done by a person who obviously felt that they were doing us a favour by helping us. Later upon enquiring about some very loud construction noise, both the person at reception and the duty manager were extremely rude and denied that any construction work was going on...this despite us having gone to the floor where work is ongoing and seeing the workers! We requested that if no construction was going on, that someone should then come and check out the noise; however this request was also ignored. Needless to say this really spoilt our impressions of this hotel.

Overall, the nice view and location could not make up for the lack of service and therefore we will not be staying at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Unique Quality: The rooms have balconies looking out on beautiful stretches of Durban's coastline. Nothing better than sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee watching the activities on the promenade!

• Blue waters bad service

Was booked in from the 26th to 29th Aug 2011 ,my stay there was horrible.Our toilet was leaking and the toilet was flooding with water we called about 4 times and no one came to clean up .The only time someone came was when we decided to go to the reception in person the carpet was stinking due to the water leakage, the lady who was cleaning the room had attitude and the bedding wasnt done properly.My overall experince there was terrible and i wouldnt recommend anyone to go there.

• arthurxaviex's Profile Photo

ON THE BEACH

I STAYED HERE FOR A WEEK ON BUSINESS AND WAS VERY HAPPY. I LIKED IT BECAUSE THE SERVICE WAS GOOD AND IT HAD A QUIET FRIENDLY FEEL ABOUT THE PLACE. THE STAFF ARE VERY HELPFUL AND POLITE. I THINK THIS MUST BE ONE OF THE BEST MANAGED HOTELS I HAVE STAYED IN.

ROOM WAS GOOD WITH A PRIVATE BALCONY AND LOVELLY VIEW.

THE DSTV HAD 18 CHANNELS WITH 6 SPORT CHANNELS SO I AS HAPPY.

ROOM SERVICE FOOD WAS GOOD.

Unique Quality: FRIENDLY STAFF AND PROMPT SERVICE
    GOOD ROOMS
    PRIVATE BALCONIES WITH SEA VIEW, REALLY GOOD VIEWS .
    I WATCHED THE SUN COME UP EVRY MORNING OVER THE HORIZON

Directions: BEACH
    AT THE CORNER OF ARGYLE RD AND SNELL PARADE
    NEXT DOR TO THE SUNCOAST CASINO

• arthurxaviex's Profile Photo

A GOLDEN NUGGET ON THE GOLDEN MILE

REALLY GOOD FOOD AND THE BEDROOM HAD AN EXQUISITE VIEW FOR THE OCEAN FORM A PRIVATE BALCONY. THE ROOMS HAD ALL THE SERVICES ONE WOULD EXPECT AND THE RECEPTION STAFF REALLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. ALTOGETHER A VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE. THE ROOM RATES WERE VERY REASONABLE AS THEY ALSO INCLUDED A FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST. I WOULD DEFINETLEY STAY HERE AGAIN.

THE LOACTION WAS SUPERB, WITH LOTS OF PARKING AND A BEACH RIHT IN FRONT.

I WILL STAY HERE AGAIN AND CAN RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ONE.

Unique Quality: SEA VIEWS STUNNING!!!!
    ART DECO STYLED
    EXCELLENT FOOD
    CLOSE TO THE BEACH
    ROOMS SPACIOUS AND ELEGANT, RESTFUL.

Directions: ON THE BEACHFRONT AT THE CORNER OF ARGYLE RD AND SNELL PAARDE

• ROGERX99's Profile Photo

OH THE VIEWS!

EXCELLENT, FANTASTIC VIEWS OF THE NORTH AND EAST.
    MY ROOM WAS SPACIOUS AND WELL DECORATED WITH TRANQUIL COLOURS.

FOOD VERY TASTY. THE BUFFET WAS EXCELLENT AND THEY TELL ME THEY ARE INTRODUCING SUSHI ON THE MENU TOO.

WILL DEFINETLY STAY HERE AGAIN.

Unique Quality: FANTASTIC VIEWS.
    FRIENDLY HELPFUL SERVICE
    LARGE BEDROOMS WELL DECORATED.

Directions: ON THE BEACH

• beachfront hotel

i had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. The views form the rooms were spectacular and my room was very spacious. I am scheduled to be staying here again and am very happy about it. I am looking forward to the stay. I enjoyed the food here, very tasty and lots of healthy options if you want them!. I found the service good. The beach was close and every morning and afternoon i went for a swim.

Unique Quality: great views, private balconies, tasty food and excellent room service. squash court

Directions: beachfront opposite the beach

• moss25's Profile Photo

It's on the beachfront...

Stayed at the Blue Waters Hotel during November 2007 and found it to be more than suitable. The hotel itself is located on the beachfront. It's one of those old art deco type buildings. I'm a wheelchair user and managed in and around the hotel just fine. The entrance into the hotel is ramped. I found the ramp to steep to manage on my own but had more than enough help. Lifts up to all the floors. Staff very friendly and helpfull. I was booked into room 1124, which was nice and spacious and clean. The room itself comes with the usual tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer which is located in the bottom drawer and is permanently plugged in but the cord is too short to actually use it. Talk about having to blow dry your hair in the drawer! I found it quite funny as I'm already shorter than most! :-) There was also a small room with two beds in it, which is most likely for children. the room has it's own private balcony but is not accessible if your in a wheelchair as the door itselfs is way to narrow but I could just see over the railing... As for the bathroom, the door opens outward and the bathroom comes with both a shower and a bath. The shower has a shower chair bolted into the wall and grab rails BUT there's a 30 cm wall which one needs to climb over to enter the shower... I'm used to bathing so managed fine. The basin itself is very small and I found using it impossible as the taps have extensions on them which in turn blocks the basin and as its so small, you kinda have to dodge the levers or risk losing an eye... ;-) And very important for Durban is the aircon which worked just fine, thankfully!

• Seafront Hotel

Nice hotel, friendly service. OK, so not the mosts luxurious hotel in the world, but certainly very pleasant. Would stay there again.

Breakfasts were great, other meals less so. But that is not a problem as 10 minutes walk away you have a massive foodhall with loads of good eateries - especially good for families.

Hotel is beachfront, although would not recommend swimming in the sea - undercurrents are notorious. During our time there, 8 of our party had to be rescued!

As my daugher is disabled, in a wheelchair, lifts made it totally accessible - ok, so sometimes you had to wait a bit for them, but who's in a rush!

Unique Quality: Pool was freezing cold!!!

Generally very accessible for wheelchairs - although never did work out how to get to the first floor, where the bar was located, with a wheelchair. Was told there was a way, but never found it!

Directions: Area ok. Very good that it is near the food mall, so loads of choice to eat.

Comments