Villa Valencia

Cowies Hill, Durban, 3610, South Africa
Villa Valencia
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Durban

at durban beachat durban beach

Valley of a thousand hillsValley of a thousand hills

Pool deck - Royal HotelPool deck - Royal Hotel

Fego'sFego's

Car Hire

by osig

How safe is it to drive around in a hired car while in KZN?

by Gillybob

My friend and I hired a car and drove from Cape Town to Kimberley and across to Durban a couple of years ago. We didn't encounter any problems. We stuck to the main routes and were careful not to wander off the well-trodden path. We were two females travelling together.

by JohnMcCabe

I drove in Durban and up the coast last year. I didn't even know it was considered dangerous!!!

Glad I didn't! Ha!

Anyway, nothing happened to me.

by osig

Thanks, I guess I was being too apprehensive!

by Gerald_D

Osig

We nothing about you and therefore it doesn't help to give you a cookie cutter answer.....

If you are a little old lady who normally catches the bus in the south of England and have never been abroad before, then I would suggest you shouldn't even think of driving a car in South Africa by yourself.

But, if you have a little foreign driving experience in developing countries then there is no reason to be scared of driving out here. Our roads are mostly top quality. The other drivers, vehicles, pedestrians and animals sharing the roads sometimes leave a bit to be desired, particularly at night. Major roads by day are easily on a par with good roads in Europe.

by idinu

My friend went to Durban and drove around the city. He didn't have any problems even he got lost once.

Travel Tips for Durban

COAST INTO THE GREATEST GETAWAY ON EARTH

by PEE-WEE

Welcome,or as we say Sanibonani,
I invite you to explore the charm and beauty of South Africa's Hibiscus South Coast,an area that stretches from the Umkomaas River to Port Edward near the Wild Coast Sun and Casino.

Swinging at Oribi Gorge

by GerryFM

This definatley an adrenalin junkies dream!!!!

Visit the awesome Oribi Gorge near Port Shepstone, just over an hours drive south of Durban, for a truley vain pumping experience.

Enjoy the views from both sides of the Gorge as you leap off the top of water fall and plumet towards the ground below at a breath taking speeds!!!

Situated at the top of Lehrs falls, it is the highest swing in the world.

One steps or jumps off the waterfall to swing into the depths of the gorge in a 100m (33 Storeys) arc.

Unbelievable!! Some courage juice!!!

Let loose at Studio 54

by GerryFM about Studio 54 Pinetown

Pinetown is a suburb of Durban, and is about a 20 minute drive from the beachfront.

Studio 54 is a good night out where you can let loose, drink dance and be merry.

The ground floor is a bar with aseries of pool tables, whilst upstairs there is a large bar and a very big dancefloor.

I have only be there once, but what I remember of it (far to many vodka and limes that night!!!!) the music was great and there was a good vibe. The woman are really gorgeous and there were some pretty trendy/ cool guys there as well.

The play a wide variety of music from 80's classics to Dance tracks. Nothing special that i am aware of.

Moses Mabhida Stadium - Sky Car

by MikeAtSea

One of the newest additions to Durban is the sky car that operates from the Northern side of the newly built Moses Mabhida Soccer Stadium. The car takes you right to the top of the arch that allows specatacular views over the beachfront and city.

Sand Art

by ratherton

One morning, I was walking along the beach front when I stopped at one of the piers and noticed a guy who had been doing some beach art in the sand.

I've no idea how often he is there but it was pretty impressive stuff. He was after some donations so he could take part in a competition in California. I wasn't convinced about the reason but his work was good enough for me to part with some cash for him.

Comments