C/O Pioneer and Bridgetown road, Richards Bay, South Africa

Travel Tips for Richards Bay

richards Bay

by jobrad

"Golf Course"

Lovely Golf course, in the middle of building a golf estate but to out suprise bathing itself on the 18th hole was this croc. It was fantastic! My hubby who had never been to africa before took the photo.

"Baby tortoise"

we were walking along the lake behind all the houses and we found these baby tortoises. we were thrilled.

"Dolcis"

we went to the beach, I had some lovely memories of the beach but the day we were there the suf was terrible so didnt see any surfers much to my dissapointment. We didnt walk the dolcis either as we were told that it wasnt safe to do so.

I LOVE SOUTH AFRICA

by Weny

"St. Lucia Area"

First, let me say every single person I've met has who has the fortune to visit South Africa has loved it. Yes, it has many problems but somehow between the beauty of the landscape, the animals, and the people it just seems to work. I would go back there in a flash if I could! I did a capture and release project when I was there. We were catching crocodiles and tagging them. The Nile crocodile is the king of the St. Lucia ecosystem, which is a huge estuary bordered by vegetated sand dunes (now a UNESCO world heritage site). The sand dunes have to be seen to be believed. You can see all the big five in the area as well and Umfolozi game park ( once Shaka Zulu's personal hunting ground) is only a short drive away.

"Boma Village"

We visited a traditional Zulu village that was more like a living museum. They had beehive huts, hand made baskets and hand worked spears, which were amazingly sharp! Then we watched a performance, a traditional pre-war dance because as we know Zulus are fierce warriors!

"Looking down into the valley"

This is a view from Shaka Zulu's private hunting ground, now Umfolozi/Hulawhwe National Park. This a great place to see rhino, wildebeest, impala, kudu,elephants (I didn't get to see any :( ) and lions.

Comments