Ulundi Hotels

Our Members Say

• etfromnc profile photo etfromnc
  • Reviews: 607

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

uMuzi Bush Camp: Watch your head!

More than excellent! You can pitch a tent, unroll your sleeping bag on the ground, sleep in your own RV, or stay in slightly modernized versions of the mud and grass huts that Zulu tribesmen and women have lived in for thousands of years. That is where we stayed and I loved it, but "Watch your head!" should be taken seriously. The openings of the entry doors are less than five feet tall. (I know of at least two people who took pretty serious blows to the tops of their heads while we were there.) Each accomodation (hut) is a separate building and they are built in a circular array around an outdoor area which serves as dining area, bar, and community area in the evening.
Breakfast was diner's choice of most any, or all, of the items in a standard Continental or American plan array and dinners were traditional South African fare including wild game.
The managers were always around, sometimes serving, at other times eating or drinking with us, or just talking and swapping stories with the guests. I particularly liked the nightly gatherings around the campfire, especially the night the power went out, which I understand does happen rather frequently.

• Opinion of Price: N/A