In the East City near Parliament, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Cockleshell's Profile Photo

Good City Centre Hotel

A good option if you choose to stay in the city centre (I'm glad I did) The location is good being only a few minutes walk to Long Street and The Green Market areas and I walked it both ways to the Waterfront. I had a comfortable 3 nights which included buffet breakfast. I thought the breakfast/bar area was very pleasant. A great start after a long flight before arranging car hire for my 3 weeks touring holiday of South Africa.

• tanguera's Profile Photo

Convenient, and Just a little Swanky

I have to admit that I'm biased because I spent part of my honeymoon here, and also I don't usually stay in nice hotels so what seems really ritzy to me might be ordinarty to somebody else. That said, the Cape Diamond is a really nice hotel. It's in the heart of Cape Town, so much so that some of the rooms probably hav views of Table Mountain, though ours didn't. The rooms weren't very big nor particularly heavy on amenities, but they weren't cramped or lacking anything either. The decor was rather elegant and the bathrooms were especially cool, with stone tiles in the shower and modern fixtures. Some of them had sliding doors that opened onto a big terrace several stories up which added a certain romance and interest to the room. We didn't do much at the hotel except sleep and eat breakfast so I can't comment on activities, but the bed was big and comfy and the breakfast buffet was decent, if not spectacular. I've forgotten exactly what it cost, but I have the feeling it was a mid-range price, not a budget place, but not exhorbident either. All in all I'd definitely recommend the Cape Diamond.

• AlekToronto's Profile Photo

Great Deal

I found out about this hotel on Expedia and based on some good reviews decided to book it.
    This place is clean, comfortable and sorta stylish. The owners are trying and mostly succeed.
    The rates are reasonable for the Cape where hotel rates are skyrocketing.

I would recommend this hotel to those who want a reasonably priced hotel in a great location near the dining and nightlife of Long Street.

Unique Quality: Brand new, great location

Directions: City Bowl

More about Cape Diamond Hotel

Hotel

by nadalert

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the best hotel to stay at in Capetown is? I'd like somewhere central to shopping and tourist activities. Its my first trip to Capetown so I dont mind spending money on the hotel.

Thanks for your help!

by RBCal

The best hotel in Cape Town is the Cape Grace

Rates are about $500 a night at least.

by johnaalex

The Table Bay is a very good hotel with a great location. A little further out is the best hotel I have ever stayed in - The Ellerman House. I have some more info on my travel pages.

Regards

John

by nichole_521

Do you know how lucky you are to be traveling to Cape Town! It is gorgeous. :)

I stayed in Camps Bay and loved the area. There is a great hotel located beach front in Camps Bay called, The Bay Hotel. I have listed two links below.

While I was there I heard many people who were fond of the hotel. It is about a 15 minute drive to the V & A Waterfont, which in my opinion is not a must see if visiting Cape Town. Great for a rainy day, but they have vineyards, Boulder's Beach, Cape Point, Hout Bay....oh my the list is endless.

Nichole

by nadalert

Great. Thanks for your help! Im sure it'll be a great trip!

by Owenls28

Hi There my wife and i spent 3 nights at The Cape Diamond Hotel 100 yards from the bottom entrance to the Company Gardens. It is quiet new and terrific Value all the staff espicially the chef who would prepare you almost anything for Breakfast we paid 50 Rand per night double B & B and i cannot recomend it enough

by Owenls28